IMPORTED USED BMW Z4

Galactus

Hi All,

Was wondering is it good to buy this imported used bmw Z4.

New car from PM will cost close to 200K

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=26780&DL=1059

Other question that I have in mind.

- any quality workshop in singapore to service beemer? Not just service but also change of parts and repair if got electronic problem.

- what will the insurance cost for someone in early 30 yrs old with 20% NCV?

↡ Advertisement

You might want to consider some pros and cons.

Pros: a lot cheaper upfront

Cons: Loan goes by pre-owned car interest rate, COE outlives the OMV-eligibility of the car

Neutral: Lower OMV (VERY much lower)

Nonetheless, I find them attractive too. I'd rather a car with super low OMV so I pay less upfront.

not really,that rate is more for brand new cars..preowned is around 3.7%,COEed cars are above 4%...but that was sometime ago,dunno wats the rate now.

bank now dying for people to loan money so should be able to get a better rates... but then again now also harder to secure loan due to the ecomony..

U could go & get the VIN number of the ka. Based on the VIN number, write to BMW of that country to get service record & whether d ka is accident free. Some1 in BMW SG did that.

Outside workshop can service E46 M3 CSL, why can't service a Z4?

well i would advise u against this one(unless u r from exxxsxxxd)...low omv hence annual depreciation is 11kplus. plus car is 2.5yr old from origin( i know can import less than 3yrs car into singapore),so parts wear n tear even from non-usage is there...nice tan leather thou...tinking of wrapping like that [:p]

Neutral Newbie
bank now dying for people to loan money so should be able to get a better rates...

imported used car think no bank will lend, have to use finance companies.

banks are already not lending to each other (hence "credit crunch"), let alone to man-on-the-street at pref rates. then again, really depends on your credit records...

Edited by Tien

Neutral Newbie

Far too ex for a foreign import used vehicle. Given the OMV, dealer cost should be only about 90K, including the COE and used import surcharge. These guys expect to make like 40K?

Edited by Sunrise

price have not yet been determined as car had not arrive yet. as for insurance, i can help you to do a check when the car is with me. will PM you when i got the car in hand. cheer! [sunny]

↡ Advertisement