Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?

Tanlc

Neutral Newbie

Just come across this car workshop via their pamphlet thrown on my car.

They provide free pick-up and drop-off to/fro nearest MRT station. Not bad rolleyes.gif

But I'm also concern about their service quality and price. confused.gif

Anyone sent their car there for servicing before?

↡ Advertisement

I sent my car to them for past 2 servicing.. at woodlands

first car so dont have much basis for comparison thou.. just find them better than KMC.. hahaha

I find them not bad.. seems to know what they are doing

no hard selling or pushing of products to you...

basic servicing package is 100+ depending on oil you choose..

cannot remember exact but i opt for KIC

the main mechanic is ah hee (or ah heng)

pretty friendly chap so should be going back to them unless some friends recommend other places bah

They did not service my car before. Their workshop is behind my house.

I did get them to change brake pads before. That change is very basic and so no problem lah. But hor, they took the initiative to top up water for my wiper screen. End up after topping up the water, they forgot to close the cover. I discover that on my way home after the visit.

Another thing I find is their lack of knowledge. Like for my ride, even a bo-chup owner like me know that my mitsubishi CVT cannot use other brands of auto transmission fluid. Die die must use original mitsubishi ATF fluid. But GSC people told me for mitsubishi CVT, can use other brands. They are the only mechanic to tell me so. I have checked with other mechanics, AD, a few MCF brothers who drove the same make and those who are knowledgeable. All say mitsubishi CVT must use back original mitsubishi ATF fluid. That tells you how good they are.

Apart from that, they have very nice and cheerful lady receptionists and cashiers and a couple of friendly mechanics.

Edited by feel

The one at Northlink is the branch.

Their main workshop is at Sin Ming which operates 24 hours with effect from 1st September this year.

I sent my car to them for past 2 servicing.. at woodlands

first car so dont have much basis for comparison thou.. just find them better than KMC.. hahaha

I find them not bad.. seems to know what they are doing

no hard selling or pushing of products to you...

basic servicing package is 100+ depending on oil you choose..

cannot remember exact but i opt for KIC

the main mechanic is ah hee (or ah heng)

pretty friendly chap so should be going back to them unless some friends recommend other places bah

ah heng is no longer working there.

Just come across this car workshop via their pamphlet thrown on my car.

They provide free pick-up and drop-off to/fro nearest MRT station. Not bad [rolleyes]

But I'm also concern about their service quality and price. [confused]

Anyone sent their car there for servicing before?

Hi, maybe can try their neighbour at NorthLink called Ag Auto.

I tried and I have some integrity concerns with this company. I do not think I will go back there again. In my second visit to GSC at Sims, the mechanics was quite pushy in selling me the aircon servicing package. My mileage then was only 30Km. He advised me to change my aircon compressor oil. Initially I was a little skeptical about this aircon oil thingy as I never heard of this requirements before. The aircon servicing was not cheap,it cost $98. In addition, the package also remove aircon bacteria. I declined his offer. Guess what he did? He used fear tactic on me. He warned me that if I do not do it, I would need to pay many times more when the aircon breaks down in couple of years time. It was not that I fear the threat but I began to feel uneasy liao. In the end I let him do the aircon servicing package.

At the end of the servicing, I finally realised what I was paying for. This aircon servcing packaging was to top up the coolant(refrigerant) and steam the aircon car interior to remove bacteria. I felt ripped off. And it was not a package as per advised. The package was split into 2 components with individual pricing according to the invoice.

My conclusion:

1. The use of psychological tactic on customer was unacceptable.

2. The mechanics was not truthful, forthcoming and lack of knowledge. If he would have told me it was coolant, I would have declined the package in a more decisive manner.

3. No doubt the staff are friendly, they like to probe about your family. They even want to proble on what and where will you be bringing your family over the weekend. Twice I went there and they asked the same set of questions. Up to the point of making payment, they still wanna ask about my family. Hiaz.....I think they are trying to be friendly but over do it without any sincerity.

4. The additional $98 paid for the aircon servicing package defeated the purpose to achieve a more economical servicing. (Final damage was $248) Bloody idiots!!!!

i'd say it's your fault if u don't know how to put your foot down and walk away.

go carrot shop does not mean u have to let them chop ur carrot head. [shakehead]

this one, i support.

have been going back to them for the past 6 years. great guys, great boss. ppl who really know their stuff. no matter how small an issue, they will settle for you.

the 2 mechanics who always handled my cars have left. one started his own biz in m'sia. the other worked for another shop in the same building, but at the back of this shop.

so far only left 1 person i know there. names willy. middle-aged man with grayish-white hair.

I would rather say it is a betrayer of trust. If a person goes back to the same usual shop, the likely reason is trust and honest which a customer can rely on. In this case, the trust has been betrayed. Thanks and have a nice day.

Avoid this shop, its a "carrot chopping" shop...just got my head chopped and still licking the wound... [furious]

fit in 2 the original front shock absorber (Tokico Thailand) for the price of Made in japan KYB.

was conned to believe thaqt KYB in singapore also made in thailand/malaysia one and when i found out Sg does carry made in msia kyb. i called back and they cahnge the story line saying that they recommend me to use Tokico becuase they know the recent KYB made in Japan batch got quality problem. [crazy]

anyone heard recent KYB made in Japan batch got quality problem...??