Anyone tried GSC for car servicing?

Tanlc

I was there quite a few years ago (in 2007) when my colleague visited them for an engine oil change.

They tried to convince me to use their servicing. As my ride was under warranty and doing it outside the AD will void warranty. I declined, saying that i am comfortable with my current AD.

They told me not to worry on the warranty as its a normal svc, and I will have my way to keep my warranty even if I do the svc with them.

I was puzzled at that point that, i was thinking to myself...

My AD's rules / regulations that I need to go back to them or their authorised SVC centre for svc in order to keep my warranty. So if i svc outside and never went back to AD, how am I going to convince my AD that my warranty is still intact? The point that they put it to I got a way to convince the AD that my warranty is valid even though I svc outside. At the end of the day, even if i do svc with them, I am the one who is going to convince AD that my warranty is valid when I am the one who broke the rules lst?

They even told me, if svc outside with them, will not void warranty one. They gave me the impression that they r the one who gave me the warranty...

its just like, I am helping u to svc this phone, however, if ur warranty is void due to svc by outside parties, you should go back to your phone manufacturer to tell them your phone is still under warranty, if phone manufacturer asked u, who told u so, outside WS says so lol..and the best part is, you, the owner should go thru the procedure of telling the AD that you are correct in svcing ur ride at outside ws...

this type of logic...sounds funny, right?

I dont feel comfortable with their logic, as such, choose not to use their svc.

Anyway, up to individual...

Edited by Byond

What is KIC oil? I never hear before [hur]

KIC is a japan brand... pls make a search and visit their webby... i'm on KIC 10W40 now and felt tat my ride is smoother a lot... [rolleyes]

somemore i tink i got it cheaper dan outside...

KIC is a japan brand... pls make a search and visit their webby... i'm on KIC 10W40 now and felt tat my ride is smoother a lot... [rolleyes]

somemore i tink i got it cheaper dan outside...

they have some funny engine oil...

KIC, astro boy :wacko: , ultraman :ph34r: ...

[shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

they have some funny engine oil...

KIC, astro boy :wacko: , ultraman :ph34r: ...

[shakehead] [shakehead] [shakehead]

after that got "fantanstic 4 tee W oil", superman oil etc...

best is to stick with the established brands.

generally many not happy with the way how they do the business...also please be also take note that the same GSC affiliated workshop with the name 1-Action...is also from the ws.

you all may like to take note.

generally many not happy with the way how they do the business...also please be also take note that the same GSC affiliated workshop with the name 1-Action...is also from the ws.

you all may like to take note.

GOOD. at least you are not like those who beat around the bush

they charged me $360 to replace my O2 sensor! i think i just got ripped off!!!

ripped off? you and the shop are both willing party in the transaction

Neutral Newbie

willing cos i dun have enuf knowledge of cars. dun think that's fair.

just voicing my opinion abt this workshop.

why so defensive?

R u from GSC?

willing cos i dun have enuf knowledge of cars. dun think that's fair.

just voicing my opinion abt this workshop.

why so defensive?

R u from GSC?

of course not.

I tried and I have some integrity concerns with this company. I do not think I will go back there again. In my second visit to GSC at Sims, the mechanics was quite pushy in selling me the aircon servicing package. My mileage then was only 30Km. He advised me to change my aircon compressor oil. Initially I was a little skeptical about this aircon oil thingy as I never heard of this requirements before. The aircon servicing was not cheap,it cost $98. In addition, the package also remove aircon bacteria. I declined his offer. Guess what he did? He used fear tactic on me. He warned me that if I do not do it, I would need to pay many times more when the aircon breaks down in couple of years time. It was not that I fear the threat but I began to feel uneasy liao. In the end I let him do the aircon servicing package.

At the end of the servicing, I finally realised what I was paying for. This aircon servcing packaging was to top up the coolant(refrigerant) and steam the aircon car interior to remove bacteria. I felt ripped off. And it was not a package as per advised. The package was split into 2 components with individual pricing according to the invoice.

My conclusion:

1. The use of psychological tactic on customer was unacceptable.

2. The mechanics was not truthful, forthcoming and lack of knowledge. If he would have told me it was coolant, I would have declined the package in a more decisive manner.3. No doubt the staff are friendly, they like to probe about your family. They even want to proble on what and where will you be bringing your family over the weekend. Twice I went there and they asked the same set of questions. Up to the point of making payment, they still wanna ask about my family. Hiaz.....I think they are trying to be friendly but over do it without any sincerity.

4. The additional $98 paid for the aircon servicing package defeated the purpose to achieve a more economical servicing. (Final damage was $248) Bloody idiots!!!!

====================

What else is new.

If I encounter mech use "scare tactics" on me, I tell them the car belongs to my wife, child, brother etc & say I wil tell them & get the cash from them & bring the car back when free.

Of course I wil never go back there again, needless to say. [sly]

i'd say it's your fault if u don't know how to put your foot down and walk away.

go carrot shop does not mean u have to let them chop ur carrot head. [shakehead]

===============

I encounter these sort of things b4.

U see once u hand over your car to them, it is quite easy for them to sabo your car if u say u dont want any more packages from them.

Thats why many pple just go ahead & try lah. But sometimes the "package" might even cause some damage to the car/engine later.

Be aware that 1-action garage behind admiralty northlink also from the same group of "head chopper" .

The one few shop away from Stamford tyre.

what has this shop done?

a workshop that claim that they can convert a family car to out perform a performance car using some german technology... wat do you think?

Wh not? Eg. Totoyta Crown.... Can drop in a 2JZGTE.......3SGTE in a Toyota Corona.....old Nissan Sunny with SR20DET and more.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2170546/2 <--look at what under the bonnet....

Even underestimate these "harmless" looking family sedans......

↡ Advertisement