Good cleaner for removing stains on toilet floor tiles

Protege

Dear all,

I am having issues with dark color stains on my pink floor tiles in the toilet (Original tiles from HDB). Tried various household tile cleaners from Carrefour, etc but not effective.

Anyone has good recommendation on what would be an effective cleaner to remove the stains?

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

believe it or not, i tried using Mr Muscle - Mould and Dew Remover. Basically, it's bleach but it works better than those concentrated bleach for toilet. Make sure the titles are dry, then spray it on the stains... leave it for like 3-5 mins and then use a dry brush to scrub it. Then rinse it with water and the stain would be gone. If it doesnt work, then i'm sorry... [laugh]

Try SAF mosquito repellent, apply and leave it for few hrs before u wipe...

It's a damn good solvent for alot of things...no wonder now my neck and hands skin become so smooth [sly]

Turbocharged

At DIY stores, there is this red/dark pink solution sold in a clear bottle for such jobs. Almost like chemical cleaning used by contractors. It's very alkaline and concentrated. Need to wear rubber gloves when using it.

It should work. It did on my tiles 10 years ago. If it doesn't work, then I am sorry too. [laugh]

Thanks to all for the recommendation. Will try them out!

As for bleach, I will pass as I have bad experience with it the last time i use it about 1 month ago.

Add one more...

Magic Sponge from Daiso.

If you buying from IMM, its near the place where they are selling the brooms. I always buy a few at once...cut to the size that you need....wet with water and scrub away.

Dun use bleach...cos it some how "eats" the protective layer off and you will end up with stains of a different kind.

Thanks bro for the info! But I tried CIF on the stains yesterday and they dun seem to come off, so they seem pretty stubborn. I am not sure whether the Magic Sponge is going to have good enough cleaning power........

↡ Advertisement