Free drinks at Ikea, think again

Vincentacy

Ikea thinks sg is some ang moh country. Thinking ppl here have some kind of discipline and dignity but what they dun know is this place is full of "hungry ghosts".

Just stand at the refill counter and shout "Free".

↡ Advertisement

Some Singaporeans are a disgrace to civilized world. Worst still, they carry these kind of stone age attitudes to other parts of the world when they travel.

sometimes really dun understand these people.. can pay 8+ for meatballs cannot spend 1.50 for soft drink..

dun understand why.

Same mentality for drivers. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

You can illegally park your car and get your family members to a table and start ordering food such as stall cooked food like hokkien mee or hor fun etc. Else, chicken rice or roti prata. Then while eating halfway or in the midst of enjoying the delicious food with your wife and children, suddenly [sweatdrop] and I mean really suddenly... [sweatdrop] ..auntie fatimah came and all start scrambling for their cars including you with your mouth full of food or drinks.. [sweatdrop] ..This is terribly disgusting.. [furious] ..Typical Singaporean drivers (Btw, I am a Singaporean for as long as I had lived in Singapore).What a disgrace! [thumbsdown][shakehead]

Why can't we afford a S$1 dollar coupon and park our car at the multi-storey car park nearby and walk a few more steps? [confused] The end result is having a nice dinner with your loved ones or family members with a peace of mind. [nod] Furthermore, walking a few steps won't kill you and in fact is a healthy exercise. However, the aforesaid typically signifies the unpleasant and unsightly attitude of our locals..... [thumbsdown]

To date, I have been using 50 cents or S$1.00 coupon to park my car for a nice meal. Life is too short for such misery.

Edited by Davidtkl

"Some Singaporeans are a disgrace to civilized world. Worst still, they carry these kind of stone age attitudes to other parts of the world when they travel. "

U are right. I am quite sure, you can replace 'Singaporean' in the above statement with any other country's. :) it will still make some sense , right?

indeed some can't afford to drink coke after eating the chicken wings and meatballs. and they will die without coke. for all we know, they are final stage cancer patient going to die tomorrow and just want to have a good meal before passing on.

Please try to understand that some families are poor and had to resort to these. We must learn to eat our own food and mind our own meatballs. I meant business.

"Agreed. It is very common. If you can't afford a coke, just take water. (it's free) "

this virtue will be go going gone in the next generation if you and I don't set good example for your children. :)

imagine this, 20year later, if u don't give your [nod] children pocket money, very well, they just post on sammyboyforum asking for 'help'. or just beat u up. :)

If one Singaporean can sell financial toxic waste to another Singaporean granny, what is the big deal with a few cups of carbonated caramel drink?

Morals? That's passe.

Now the IN phrase is caveat emptor...

sometimes really dun understand these people.. can pay 8+ for meatballs cannot spend 1.50 for soft drink..

dun understand why.

u have not check out what car they drives... maybe a 7-series.... [lipsrsealed]

u nvr kno lor.. i've seen pple like that.. and super cheapo(no offence), just take a look at some singaporeans, wanna act rich, buy exp car, live in condo, so on so forth. but bank book empty 1.. y must liddat? resort to free coke? try a bar the next time round. lols

its not whether refillable or pay to refill. i've worked in ikea b4, they are those kind of very european family standard kind of place. the number 1 rule that i've learnt there is honesty. u put a dispenser there and no 1 see den wad do pple do? make the best ou tof it lor..

You all know how crowded lunch time at IKEA is right?

I have noticed a few occassions that some customers are not very 'automatic' in the sense that they are chatting away for a long time even after consuming their meals. Some of them are so comfortable at the restuarant that they will remove their sandals and put both their legs on the chair to chit chat.

I am not against family bonding or friends doing some catch up but I think it would be a gracious thing to give up one's seat after the meal (of course, I am not asking anyone to rush through their meals) when the restaurant is pretty crowded.

Perhaps, it's the 'free' kopi or softdrink where Singaporeans must make sure that their $1.50 is 'well spent' before they are willing to give up their seats.

Just had lunch at Ikea (around 1:30pm)

There was this family (two middle age aunties and one of their son, age around 20). He was wearing a yellow SAF singlet with camp logo (cannot remember now).

They had the good old meat balls and some chicken wings with three glass plain water cups on their table.

Obviously did not order soft drinks as they do not have those paper cups. Yet the son's glass cup (for plain water) has got Coke in it. I believe this is typical of "some" people who goes to Ikea. Anyway, how often do you see the staff telling anyone off.

Very quickly we realized the son stood up as he had finished his drink. He was going for refill. This time, he asked his mum to join him. You can clearly see, for $1.50, he had to look around, make sure no one were watching before tapping on dispenser (err... there were so many people yet he think this act is invisible)

After the son, just as the first auntie was tapping on the dispenser. A Ikea staff came over and tell them off. It was not a nice sight.

Then on, they stopped talking to one another, face down, just trying to finish their food.

Some people just deliberately do it just to satisfy their ego/pride or fulfill the perversion in their minds. They feel so good to see hungry people not able to get seats and order food.... [hur]

tat day channel 8 special report on this pregnant woman cried being sacked for pregnancy. then said now she and hubby not enough money to survive. previously their joint income like around 3k + if i heard correctly.

and what...with 3k+, they brought a small car, hire a maid, new hse and pregnant...i think serve them right for not preparing well enough in my opinion.

they could have just sold the car and stop the hiring the maid.

The fact that U still feel it is not right to 'Sell financial toxic waste to granny', and I suppose u live in singapore? Still go hope. :)

If one Singaporean can sell financial toxic waste to another Singaporean granny, what is the big deal with a few cups of carbonated caramel drink?

Morals? That's passe.

Now the IN phrase is caveat emptor...

FYI, glass cups are for paid drinks, regardless of soft drink or plain water, its your choice....

paper cups are free drinks, for redeem if you hav the IKEA friends card.....

but of coz, you cant refill for both type of cups....

dun understand why.

Same mentality for drivers. [shakehead][thumbsdown]

You can illegally park your car and get your family members to a table and start ordering food such as stall cooked food like hokkien mee or hor fun etc. Else, chicken rice or roti prata. Then while eating halfway or in the midst of enjoying the delicious food with your wife and children, suddenly [sweatdrop] and I mean really suddenly... [sweatdrop] ..auntie fatimah came and all start scrambling for their cars including you with your mouth full of food or drinks.. [sweatdrop] ..This is terribly disgusting.. [furious] ..Typical Singaporean drivers (Btw, I am a Singaporean for as long as I had lived in Singapore).What a disgrace! [thumbsdown][shakehead]

Why can't we afford a S$1 dollar coupon and park our car at the multi-storey car park nearby and walk a few more steps? [confused] The end result is having a nice dinner with your loved ones or family members with a peace of mind. [nod] Furthermore, walking a few steps won't kill you and in fact is a healthy exercise. However, the aforesaid typically signifies the unpleasant and unsightly attitude of our locals..... [thumbsdown]

To date, I have been using 50 cents or S$1.00 coupon to park my car for a nice meal. Life is too short for such misery.

i totally agree with wat u say....

juz oni last wk, there was a merc e-class that parked illegally on a narrow 2-way lane and ended up with a detached front bumper, metal bumper of a container truck went in between the right side front wheel and the bumper and dragged the merc for a few metres. afterr accessing the damage, the owner ask the truck driver to remove his truck and when the truck move, the whole right side bumper came off.....

so much for saving a 50cents or $1 coupon.....serve the merc owner right for being stingy on parking, can drive merc but cant pay parking.... so sad.... and funny..... [laugh][laugh]

IIRC, there is a sign that says purchased dispenser soft drinks are refillable. I'll go there one day to take a look and see if I can get a shot of the signboard.