Do you get pro-rated AWS pay when resign??

Adam251

Neutral Newbie

As per subject heading ... I'm just curious if you resign does the company pay you 13th month AWS eg if you resign in june are you supposed to get 1/2 month AWS??

I recall when I quit my 1st job many years ago I received it as part of my final pay including leave not taken is paid .. but when I quit my 2nd job recently there's nothing added on ... any HR people here can help to clarify??

Edited by Adam251
↡ Advertisement

Think you better read your employment contract as it will be stated. But its not a common practice for companies to pro-rate AWS if you quit before the pay out.

Read your previous year AWS bonus email from your HR, it should indicate when is the cut off date eligible for AWS bonus.

If you resign now, it should not have any AWS bonus.

Edited by Megaweb

HI,

I am not from HR but just like to add a few comments based on personal working experience. I doubt you gonna get your pro rated AWS if you quit before Jan 2009. This is esp so if you are in the public sector. You need to stay till end of Jan 2009 (for public sector) if you want to get your full 1 mth AWS.

For prorated AWS, you would get it if you join the company before 31 Dec 2008. However, for some companies, they require the employee to be confirmed as at 31 Dec 2008 before they could be given that pro rated AWS.

For unconsumed leave, some companies will pay you if you are not able to consume it by your last day in service. However, as many brothers here said, do check your employment contract to see if you are eligible to encash any unconsumed leave.

Turbocharged

dun think so leh...

i tot most companies req the staff to work a full year so they can qualify for AWS?

so no such thing like work 6 mths can get 1/2 AWS...

anyway me not sure also... [sly][sly]

As per subject heading ... I'm just curious if you resign does the company pay you 13th month AWS eg if you resign in june are you supposed to get 1/2 month AWS??

I recall when I quit my 1st job many years ago I received it as part of my final pay including leave not taken is paid .. but when I quit my 2nd job recently there's nothing added on ... any HR people here can help to clarify??

It is a norm not to pay AWS if did not work till end of the year.

However, I do heard some co give pro-rated AWS for people who quit, but very rare.

Neutral Newbie

according to my sis who is in HR, AWS is not compulsory but recommended. depending on coy policies, some might give u pro-rated some not..

AWS is not compulsory but recommended. depending on coy policies, some might give u pro-rated some not..

Those good co that want to pass on with good names do pay at end of service.

But present days most cos put a condition for AWS as : eligible to those who work till end of Dec of the yr. The meaner co will add another condition " provided the employee is not servicing departing notice."

For retrenchment wise, most will get pro-rate.

↡ Advertisement