Traffic Offense and Demerit Points

Ktgan

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I received a letter from Traffic Police Department, saying that I crossed a double white line in between Havelock Road and Upper Pickering Street.

any bro / sis know that where is the double white line ar? Can i appeal for this case?

Demerit point: 4

Find: $130

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Just payup and close the case. can try appeal, if u wan to delay and delay paying them...

ocen they issue the letter, usually thier case is sold wan..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Is it the one right after the Havelock exit of CTE just next to the Courts? Down there got one long double white line. Lots of drivers bo hiew that to filter left.

• Praise 1

That spot is famous for getting summon for crossing the double white line. Got ociffer stand there to take down the numbers of offenders. Even my wife who is not a driver knows about this. I think she saw the ociffer stand there every time she took taxi to her office.

Neutral Newbie
Hi all,

I received a letter from Traffic Police Department, saying that I crossed a double white line in between Havelock Road and Upper Pickering Street.

any bro / sis know that where is the double white line ar? Can i appeal for this case?

there's this case in the news where a lawyer oso kenna fine for same offence. But he choose to contest his offence in court and trying to prove that the officer had seen the wrong car plate and argued that his car never passed by there.

But hor in the end the lawyer lost his case against the TP and kenna fine even more heavily.

Think if u first time can try appeal since no harm.. [cool]

Turbocharged

You think they care?

Sometimes the people planning the lines also siao one. Such a long line very difficult to filter left later for left turn since that road always so busy.

Another eg is the short dotted bus lanes after you turn out into main road. Where got chance to filter right back to non bus lane if traffic busy? I only hope one day I need to filter then I jam up the dotted bus lane and behind me got ministar cannot pass through also. Let him/her wait until dulan also shiok. [sly]

Turbocharged

Used to travel there once a week on sat afternoon. Never notice them before since I busy trying to filter left after the double white lines. No eye see ocifer booking people. [laugh]

Sometimes traffic really heavy there until too difficult to filter left. I just turn right into a carpark right after the red light, make a round and wait for traffic light to turn green and turn right keep left to eu tong seng road. [:p][laugh]

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Can do it. But you will slow all traffic to a crawl and risk a car bang into your left side as you filter. That's why that road often traffic slow.

That's why I say their lines anyhow draw. Solution can cause more problems. [shakehead]

Edited by Kxbc

really no brainers this officer especially during peak hours... Must have some concession mah. How to filter left if overshot?

The line is there precisely to tell you that you cannot filter left till near/after the traffic light.

Hi all,

if u did cross the line, pay up la. why appeal ? just becareful next time and abide with the traffice rules.

↡ Advertisement