Traffic Offense and Demerit Points

Ktgan

Turbocharged
(edited)

there is this double white line at Raffles Boulevard.... which means that i cant enter marina square carpark if i come from Temasek Boulevard( after the FOuntain of wealth roundabt) cos the double line prevents me from cutting across to enter the carpark...

the only way is go by esplandade drive which has more jams during peak hrs...

The one whereby a lot of people will cut across the big road towards Marina Mandarin?

You don't have to do that, just keep left and enter the first ramp you see on your left, about 15 metres away. Under Pan Pacific but it's the same car park as Marina Square and it's linked

Edited by Dafansu
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

guys guys

if say 2 hrs ago , i beat the traffic lights and kanna flash .. when will i know the results ? can know the outcome immediately via SPF portal ?

If you saw the flash then its almost certain kana already lah....

Supersonic

guys guys

if say 2 hrs ago , i beat the traffic lights and kanna flash .. when will i know the results ? can know the outcome immediately via SPF portal ?

If by post, normally notified between a week.

However, u may also cross fingers that if that cam is the old type (non digital), it has ran out of negatives.......hence no summon.

I have come across people who claimed they got snapped with flash but nothing happen since due to this reason.

• Praise 1

guys guys

Few days to a week

Anyone can help to clarify below:

A. holder of valid motorbike license with no demerit points

B. End June 2014, got speeding ticket and 6 points

C. go for car license now and assuming if pass Mar 2015

D. Was told that wef obtaining car license, demerit allowance will drop to 12 for 1st year

Questions:

A. After obtaining class3 in Mar2015, will my demerit allowance be 12 or 6 (12-6) ?

B. Or Mar- June 2015, 6 points and July till next Mar will have 12 ?

Thanks

few week ago, i committed an offense unknowingly, by making U-turn at a cross traffic junction (there wasn't any No U-turn sign). I was caught red handed.

The traffic police said i could be charged for inconsiderate driving which carries fines and demerit point. But after hearing me out, he said he would just charge me for making illegal U-turn which carries just $70 fines. He reiterated i could had been charged both.

It's long story to elaborate why i made the U-turn, he said he understood my reason but cannot let me go free, thus, just the $70 (for illegal U turn). I asked for his sympathy, he reiterated he understood and said i have the rights to appeal after receiving the summon.

The letter came finally. It says i could be charged $70 but for this time, this just serves as a warning, drive safe and considerably in future. No charge :-)

May i ask you guys, do you think it was the very Traffic Police who made it to a warning (when he input it into the system), or he simply input into the system and someone else made the final decision, or was it decided by the computer which may referred at my past record (1st time stopped by Traffic Police in 15 years of driving).

Great day guys!

few week ago, i committed an offense unknowingly, by making U-turn at a cross traffic junction (there wasn't any No U-turn sign). I was caught red handed.

The traffic police said i could be charged for inconsiderate driving which carries fines and demerit point. But after hearing me out, he said he would just charge me for making illegal U-turn which carries just $70 fines. He reiterated i could had been charged both.

It's long story to elaborate why i made the U-turn, he said he understood my reason but cannot let me go free, thus, just the $70 (for illegal U turn). I asked for his sympathy, he reiterated he understood and said i have the rights to appeal after receiving the summon.

The letter came finally. It says i could be charged $70 but for this time, this just serves as a warning, drive safe and considerably in future. No charge :-)

May i ask you guys, do you think it was the very Traffic Police who made it to a warning (when he input it into the system), or he simply input into the system and someone else made the final decision, or was it decided by the computer which may referred at my past record (1st time stopped by Traffic Police in 15 years of driving).

Great day guys!

Congratulate for receiving a SG50 ang bao, many light offenses were waived this year [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Great day guys!

S$70 just take it as donation. Dont bother to appeal.

If you are heavy footed, Step on the gas lighter for the next 10days.....u will get back the amount

S$70 just take it as donation. Dont bother to appeal.

If you are heavy footed, Step on the gas lighter for the next 10days.....u will get back the amount

He said It was waived liao.

• Praise 1

Great day guys!

guys, please note my point is...

"May i ask you guys, do you think it was the very Traffic Police who made it to a warning (when he input it into the system), or he simply input into the system and someone else made the final decision, or was it decided by the computer which may referred at my past record (1st time stopped by Traffic Police in 15 years of driving)."

not anything else. any kind soul can shed some lights on this?

Great day!

↡ Advertisement