Toyota Estima

Tantohheng

surely it is not surprising for a 2.4L car to go 150km/h right?

I think its just me not used to seeing such MPV go at such high speed.

Haha, by the way i come from xiang xia. oops.

But then the speed limit on Singapore roads is kind of ironic le cos 2l and above cars are more than just a bundle and yet our expressway is cap at 90. Faint.

Overshot the 180 km/h marking on a Estima before.. On NSH of course..

How fast can it go?? Not sure.. Maybe 190.. Maybe 200

Wonder how does it feel to go that fast.

The max i hit is just 140 i think.

It is for the looks. with the huge rims and looking low profile, it might be going for the VIP car look.

Alphard with the VIP body kits and accessories is very good. Looks very nice, if not because no money sure buy that car instead [:/][:/][laugh]

those who can afford it should consider the Alphard.....I owned it for 4 years and is still driving it...very reliable and never give me any problems.

as for speed, it sure is fast once you are cruising but pickup is so so only. I can easily travel at 180kmh and is still stable, so I tink estima will have no problem too

[reply]Yes, there are many vans that register as Taxi (SH plate) or Ambulance (S plate) or embassy "Car" (CD plate)

Even this 34 years old mini bus also consider as "private car" and can go at 100km/h on lane 1 if the engine can take it

Yes, I am confused by this. This van is no different from the G of P -plates, and the reason why one can travel on first lane and the rest cannot is because of the plate, not safety.

In sillypore, you pay more tax, you can drive faster..... the same van... one with G plate, one with S plate.... the G plate must stick 60/70cents sticker, the S plate no need..... the g plate drive above speed limit of 60/70, kena... the S plate, can song song drive until 90...... people tell you van must drive at 70 or lower because van not safe to drive at 90....... [hur]

Edited by Nlatio

Not really, road tax for van is about the same as car and the COE for commercial vehicle is even higher than car these days.

No wonder I see more and more business owners using MPV to carry goods.

My vios feel like floating when travelling above 160 km/h

But the Estima don't feel like floating even above 180 km/h.. But very very noisy..

Vios is so light, confirm floating. Even my wish feels floating starting from 140-150.

Estima will feel the road noise at 180, but not really that noisy

Anyone manged to have English version of the 2012 estima? Can't. Seem to find much info on line. Not sure whether is the car too heavy and lagging in power?? Any current estima once can advice?

Turbocharged

Anyone manged to have English version of the 2012 estima? Can't. Seem to find much info on line. Not sure whether is the car too heavy and lagging in power?? Any current estima once can advice?

What car you previously driving.. for an MPV estima is considered not bad in term of power and drive-ability. Get the 3.5L if want more power