Anyone bought car from Jack Cars?

Ekardo

Neutral Newbie

I have read about dealers being caught for under declaring OMV in the past. However, I do not expect that such matters will cease once and for all because some were caught. The more I think, the more uncomfortable I am. Rightly speaking, I should clear the matter up with LTA to have a piece of mind.

↡ Advertisement

I would strongly advised against buying any cars from Jack Cars!!! I have a terrible experience with them. Before buying a car from them, they will assure you of providing good support and warranty for 3 years. The sales staff told me that I can service and repair my car at many workshops under TWM. Within 2 years, the TWM collapsed. The company assured clients that they are taking over the warranty. Recently, I experienced gear box problems for my A3 1.8T which is less than 3 years old. I read in a Straits Times article that VW is recalling 6000 cars in Singapore, affected cars are Golf, Scirocco, Passat etc. I remember that Passat is also 1.8T and uses a similar 7 speed DSG gearbox as A3. I approached them for assistance and they have been most unhelpful. They are only interested to shirk any responsibilities. To make matters worse, they informed me that they are going to void my 3 years warranty because during my last servicing, it was not done at their authorized workshop. I checked the terms and conditions of the service booklet and it did not make any mention that servicing must be done at their workshop. It only states that repairs must be done at their authorized workshop.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR from Jack Cars. Regret my decision to save $20k and buy a car from them.

I am currently reviewing my options. Any advice?

I don't get it... You saved $20k and complain about 1 year of void warranty??

Neutral Newbie

An agreement is binding. It does not matter what amount I saved in the beginning. Car dealers have the responsibility to honour them. Cars are so expensive and any savings are a small portion of the car price. I seriously doubt anyone will want to pay less their cars and be fully aware of their warranty coverage to be compromised. In addition, I am now suspicious of a large portion of the initial savings that I enjoyed.

1st Gear

An agreement is binding. It does not matter what amount I saved in the beginning. Car dealers have the responsibility to honour them. Cars are so expensive and any savings are a small portion of the car price. I seriously doubt anyone will want to pay less their cars and be fully aware of their warranty coverage to be compromised. In addition, I am now suspicious of a large portion of the initial savings that I enjoyed.

:huh: There's always pro and con when buying from PI or AD

why dont just lived with it. In the first place i always does my homework before what to buy or who to purchased from.

if you're particular about warranty ..best you go back to their so called authorized workshop. thumb of rules...AD or PI will make hell of noise , when they know your car is being done elsewhere. Normally they will try to void your warranty.

OMV low or high just forget it...since your already bought it...time to enjoy your ride no point keep harping over just over the few k differences. :ph34r:

And you all believe the influx of newbies with 1 or 2 post counts all singing the same tune .. any agenda perhaps ? :D

standard procedure.. [rolleyes][:p]

Neutral Newbie

In general, I would agree that to live and let live is a good principle to adopt. Sometimes the disappointment of not being able to do much and just accept the disadvantage is difficult to take. If consumers just adopt this attitude, there will be no consumer rights and likely to increase situations of unfair practices. There are a few options available and the most logical one is to negotiate with the company to arrive at a win-win situation.

Neutral Newbie

I would strongly advised against buying any cars from Jack Cars!!! I have a terrible experience with them. Before buying a car from them, they will assure you of providing good support and warranty for 3 years. The sales staff told me that I can service and repair my car at many workshops under TWM. Within 2 years, the TWM collapsed. The company assured clients that they are taking over the warranty. Recently, I experienced gear box problems for my A3 1.8T which is less than 3 years old. I read in a Straits Times article that VW is recalling 6000 cars in Singapore, affected cars are Golf, Scirocco, Passat etc. I remember that Passat is also 1.8T and uses a similar 7 speed DSG gearbox as A3. I approached them for assistance and they have been most unhelpful. They are only interested to shirk any responsibilities. To make matters worse, they informed me that they are going to void my 3 years warranty because during my last servicing, it was not done at their authorized workshop. I checked the terms and conditions of the service booklet and it did not make any mention that servicing must be done at their workshop. It only states that repairs must be done at their authorized workshop.

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER CAR from Jack Cars. Regret my decision to save $20k and buy a car from them.

I am currently reviewing my options. Any advice?

bro, i don't think PI & AD void warranty unreasonable. then some more your car is Audi, unless Audi recall the gearbox then the dealers may consider. understandable that yes audi has the same gearbox. i heard TWM has many workshop under them but if TWM close, won't you ask jack cars for their authorized workshop? cause i believe straight away once TWM close down, they will faster switch Authorized workshop to help their customer warranty. cheers man. [laugh]

bro, understand your frustration of not receiving enough support from the dealer. however, it is gullible to jump into a PI and expecting same support or service from an AD...knowing that they have no muscle and can close shop at ANY TIME.

In general, I would agree that to live and let live is a good principle to adopt. Sometimes the disappointment of not being able to do much and just accept the disadvantage is difficult to take. If consumers just adopt this attitude, there will be no consumer rights and likely to increase situations of unfair practices. There are a few options available and the most logical one is to negotiate with the company to arrive at a win-win situation.

the issue in SG is that consumer is not protected. We are still new to the lemon law and I honestly what kind of hell scenario than is a lemon. hopefully i dont ever need to know.

when consumer is well protected, i think these dealers will think triple times if they want to be funny

1st Gear

it all depends whether who and when you purchased from.

of cos given a choice AUDI SPORE would be the idea choice as warranty and protection over car ownership has improved much better now.

Neutral Newbie

I fully agree with you. If you want to buy and own a luxury car, do it with pride and buy from AD. Do not be penny wise but pound foolish. By buying from PI, you would have already compromised on the high standards and pride on owning a luxury car. Firstly, you are likely to compromise and not make an issue if minor problems surface. Secondly, if there is any manufacturing fault, you are on your own. Thirdly, there is a much inferior after sales service (this is based on my experience). Fourthly, there is a possibility of deceit in under declaring of OMV. Lastly, you will discover that the initial savings may not be much as you will experience lower resale value and PARF.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee or have an interest or related to anyone with a business interest in Audi Spore.

How about buying a Second hand car from Jack Cars or Ka-Hup? Any one with good/bad experiences....Thanks!

I got a pretty bad experience from ka hup serve by the salesman, Marcus chin. He don't seem to be working there anymore. The manager is also another kind.

They respray my car door before handing the car to me and less than a month ltr, the door turn yellowish which is super obvious (mine is a white car). I call the manager and was told to drive down to let him see.

When he saw my car, he just say he can't do anything. It's not their problem and told me to go respray myself. Waste my time to head down to their office just to tell me crap.

This is only one of the many issues I had from them.

I am looking for PI Harrier and I visited a couple of shops in Auto Megamart at Ubi. Mainly browsing to get the best deal of the car and for trade in of my current car as well.

I had a NEGATIVE experience with Jack Cars that I should highlight here. Met the agent today evening and he sounded very positive and honest in the beginning. We are eyeing the Harrier 2L and wanted to trade in our car. The offer for my current car he gave was not attractive as what the others offered. He continued to state that Jack Cars is Casetrust accredited and he has sold 2 Harriers already. And he says that he is the best salesman there and he will not lie.

And hence I put to him the offer that another Casetrust PI gave to match... We are serious buyers. He started to refer to the rest of PIs around are Indians and he hates them. He continued to challenge me to go to them instead since their offer for my car is better, and claims that other PIs are not truthful. Furthermore, he was sarcastic towards me by asking whether I should sell cars and advised me to open a car showroom, just because I really wanted a good deal for the car that I desire.

Jack Cars, what is your philosophy and company value system? Instead of offering your best deal and services, you encourage placing fear on buyers about fellow PI neighbours' aftermarket service, incite sarcasm and place racist remarks to your customers?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1