Anyone bought car from Jack Cars?

Ekardo

i booked with Jack cars for the Aug 17 second bidding exercise.

handed over my old car on 9oct morning and collected my new car at 5pm.

6 weeks wait, mainly due to the VITAs.

my SE will constantly update me on the progress also.

just did my 1k servicing them using the concierge service.

called up 5 days in advance and made a booking. the staff called me in the morning and collected my car from me at my workplace in the cargo complex and then returned the car at 12pm.

standard charges is $100 + $7 gst.

however, i had a $50 voucher so ended up paying $53.50 only via credit card. (they brought the card machine with them also).

very convenient and smooth process .... no need take leave or waste time waiting at workshop.

This is another PI that I would be willing to consider, not least because its boss used to be my neighbour haha. It has own workshops in Ubi and the concierge service seems well thought out. But its cars a bit pricey from my personal experience.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This is another PI that I would be willing to consider, not least because its boss used to be my neighbour haha. It has own workshops in Ubi and the concierge service seems well thought out. But its cars a bit pricey from my personal experience.

i had called about 10 PIs ... and true, they are not the cheapest.

but at that time, they had stock and although paid about 4k more, but i think still worth it, esp the after sales service, which will save you lots of hassle.

$4k more ... with another $6k more ca get from AD?

with peace of mind ... wont run road

and 3 years warranty is also 99.99% instead of PI 49.99%?

unless the model is not available at AD, then no choice

Edited by Wt_know

Lets not bash all PIs with same bamboo pole now. There are PIs and there are PIs.

Here is a long time fellow mcfer sharing his good experience with a PI, that not all is doom and gloom dealing with PIs, just that we need to be careful and not be greedy to want the best (aka cheapest) deal. We all know he is not related to the business, most likely not haha. At least is not another newbie with suspicious motive. If not believe, never mind. If he turn up for meetup next time, grill him to verify lah. Cheers.

standard charges is $100 + $7 gst.

however, i had a $50 voucher so ended up paying $53.50 only via credit card. (they brought the card machine with them also).

very convenient and smooth process .... no need take leave or waste time waiting at workshop.

still must pay for first 1k service ah??  

still must pay for first 1k service ah??

Yep... No free servicing... Only got one free umbrella.

But coincidentally they were having a road show and my SE passed me a booklet of $50 servicing vouchers...

Not sure if you guys can rmb but a few years ago, , the owners of a PI company - Volks Auto fled the scene with nearly S$4 million after the company close down all of a sudden. 143 buyers were left without cars and lost money.  But, I’ve heard many good things abt PIs and there are some honest ones out there. Just think that it’s impt to do your homework carefully, and check their records if possible. Preferably, go to the PI that your friends/ family has dealt w before!

http://www.motorist.sg/article/130/5-common-misconceptions-about-parallel-importers?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=mcf

Edited by MotoristMel

Lets not bash all PIs with same bamboo pole now. There are PIs and there are PIs.

Here is a long time fellow mcfer sharing his good experience with a PI, that not all is doom and gloom dealing with PIs, just that we need to be careful and not be greedy to want the best (aka cheapest) deal. We all know he is not related to the business, most likely not haha. At least is not another newbie with suspicious motive. If not believe, never mind. If he turn up for meetup next time, grill him to verify lah. Cheers.

Yes there are PIs who are doing honest job and can get good deals. Just don’t be penny wise pound foolish.. usually some buyer pay 50% even without securing Coe etc..

I would similarly buy car from PI without much hesitation, just watch the paperwork and financial strength of the PI. Buy from AD also have risks lor..

Usually the ones kanna snoke big time are those that trust PI/AD and put in huge chunk of money first (when it’s not necessary at all) when it’s not the market practice or what’s stipulated in contract.. which are already tell tale signs of problems brewing

Anyone heard of Manhattan Motors close down??? There’s one case a buyer bought from them 2 weeks ago but ownership not transferred. Now their creditors are asking this owner to return the car.

always checked that car ownership is transferred before you make payment

double triple confirmed !

Anyone heard of Manhattan Motors close down??? There’s one case a buyer bought from them 2 weeks ago but ownership not transferred. Now their creditors are asking this owner to return the car.

• Praise 1

well, if anyone ever read my messages, you know know that i am a 3PL freight forwarder.

i wrote this because i found the free car concierge service very convenient and useful and quite reasonable priced.

always checked that car ownership is transferred before you make payment

double triple confirmed !

same thing happened to me with my first car and a shady used car dealer. i lost 20k.

Yes there are PIs who are doing honest job and can get good deals. Just don’t be penny wise pound foolish.. usually some buyer pay 50% even without securing Coe etc..

I would similarly buy car from PI without much hesitation, just watch the paperwork and financial strength of the PI. Buy from AD also have risks lor..

Usually the ones kanna snoke big time are those that trust PI/AD and put in huge chunk of money first (when it’s not necessary at all) when it’s not the market practice or what’s stipulated in contract.. which are already tell tale signs of problems brewing

i paid 10k (with card) as deposit for the COE bidding.

then 4 days (coz kenah sat and sun) before the handing and taking over of cars, i made a bank transfer directly to the PI company account for the balance.

then when the day came, i drove my scooby to them in the morning and then collected my shuttle in the evening.

well, if anyone ever read my messages, you know know that i am a 3PL freight forwarder.

i wrote this because i found the free car concierge service very convenient and useful and quite reasonable priced.

same thing happened to me with my first car and a shady used car dealer. i lost 20k.

you let a random guy whom you dont know where that PI got from to drive your new car back and forth for servicing ? I wont take that risk but i dont own new car for a long time already, maybe that is why. Edited by Ct3833

you let a random guy whom you dont know where that PI got from to drive your new car back and forth for servicing ? I wont take that risk but i dont own new car for a long time already, maybe that is why.

i see open long time already ... not worried about some dings here or there. previously i almost fainted when i saw a dent in my 2 week old optra.

my scooby wash only 3 times over 4 years - at a petrol station carwash with offer coupons. 

so since the shuttle is under warranty by them, i think its ok as they will be fully responsible for it.

now, to me, its only a car - meant to transport ppl around, important thing is must serve its primary purpose can already.

Hmm mahattan motors suddenly close down... omg...

their FB still have not take down ... guess honesty goes out the window first when push comes to shove. i actually wanted to remove the hp of the sales ... but i guess, all their lines would already have been terminated.

post-2854-0-64986800-1511054515_thumb.jpg

their FB still have not take down ... guess honesty goes out the window first when push comes to shove. i actually wanted to remove the hp of the sales ... but i guess, all their lines would already have been terminated.

Hmm... and they just close off like that... poor those buyers who done deal but ownership not transferred....

Hi all,

My name is Wayne and just bought 2015 Lamborghini Huracan from http://andrzejkupnopark.eu and i am happy ! FAST SHIPPING AND SECURE PAYMENT !!! I recommend !!! CALL OR VISIT !

Phone: (+48) 91 881 6069

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.ANDRZEJKUPNOPARK.eu

Hi Wayne,

Can you get me a unit too? Any year is acceptable. Please assist to make payment first and i'll TT you the money once car has arrived at port.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1