Guyver

Allergy - Do you have it?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I do.
    • No, I don't.
    • I don't know.
    • Any others, please specify.

http://www.mycarforum.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.gif This reminds me of ppl who are allergy to "sunlight" aka "excuse sunlight".

When I child I was allergic to seafood except fish. Even the wok that was cooked or stained with seafood I can get extreme itch on my tongue, ears and eyes that I had to get an injection from a doctor.

But doc said I will grow out of my allergy as I got older and it did.

This is very common for kids and many outgrew it...
↡ Advertisement

i don't think so... i only recently found out i am allergic to seafood... last time no issue

It means our body can change suddenly? Then this is quite a dangerous thing liao!

It means our body can change suddenly? Then this is quite a dangerous thing liao!

yes... imagine your face become swollen like pig within half hour of the 2nd course in a 8 course dinner

Edited by Galantspeedz

This is very common for kids and many outgrew it...

Wow. Reply to my 2008 post. Haha....

Anyway my 2 kids have the same allergy to seafood especially shellfish. But their symptoms are different. They have large mosquitoes like bites on their limbs and occasionally around their forehead that could linger around for a week or two.

But for my younger brother although he has the same allergy as I do when we were kids, his 2 kids do not have any allergy to shellfish.

Is hive an allergy reaction? Once in past, my son kenna hive. Face, hands and body have patches. Happen during the Indonesian haze period. But the previous haze episode he didn't have it.

Doc want to explain G6PD?

Benefit for all here.

I am allergic to Liverpool defences.hahaha everytime BP sure go up. Face blushes...heart beat speed up..

liverpoolcannotdefendlitis ...

condition seems to be worsening  <_<

• Praise 1

Is hive an allergy reaction? Once in past, my son kenna hive. Face, hands and body have patches. Happen during the Indonesian haze period. But the previous haze episode he didn't have it.

Hives is a type of skin allergic reaction. Type I hypersensitivity reaction. Yes same pathway.

It's probably some airborne pollutant concentration exceeded a certain level for him.

Yes i saw a lot during the super haze few years back.

yes... imagine your face become swollen like pig within half hour of the 2nd course in a 8 course dinner

Looks like we are carrying a time bomb in our body and it might trigger off anytime, thing is we do not know what things will trigger it off?!

I was diagnosed years ago as being allergic to flumicil (acetylcysteine) and have faithfully declared it every time I go to a GP.

On my latest visit to a new GP, he told me that it was impossible to be allergic to acetylcysteine because it is something that is already being produced in the body  [laugh]

Maybe one day, I should try a little flumicil to see if I was misdiagnosed. 

There was this guy in the office who was allergic to seafood and he's a heavy drinker.

Every Monday sure sure to call in sick due to puffy eyes. You eat seafood ahh, I asked him. Yeah he says . . . . how you know? 

TMD!!  [furious]

I was diagnosed years ago as being allergic to flumicil (acetylcysteine) and have faithfully declared it every time I go to a GP.

On my latest visit to a new GP, he told me that it was impossible to be allergic to acetylcysteine because it is something that is already being produced in the body  [laugh]

Maybe one day, I should try a little flumicil to see if I was misdiagnosed. 

not really impossible, these medicines are bound to other things to stabilise them in the pill form. Or maybe they are contaminants from the manufacturing process.

I've had some patients allergic to certain types of paracetamol tablets even though they are fine with other paracetamol formulations.

I've seen some people declare flumucil allergy but well doctors just play safe generally, no point in challenging it since it's not a life saving drug or what.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

g6pd is a defiency of something that prevents oxidative stress to your red blood cells which can make it break down under certain conditions. Quite common type of congenital allergy to certain medicines or naphtalene in moth balls etc.

Some medicines can cause side effects if you have this condition. But these medicines are usually not used often for most people. So hence it's not a biggie even for people with G6PD.

http://kidshealth.org/en/parents/g6pd.html

Thanks. I read that some with G6PD are allergic to paracetamol or anti biotic. Paracetamol is the mildest drug to treat URTI. Any substitute for Paracetamol? How about anti biotic where certain medical condition do require them. Edited by Kopites

Thanks. I read that some with G6PD are allergic to paracetamol or anti biotic. Paracetamol is the mildest drug to treat URTI. Any substitute for Paracetamol? How about anti biotic where certain medical condition do require them.

I've never seen a g6pd deficient asian that can't take paracetamol, unless u are allergic to paracetamol. Paracet is fine  [lipsrsealed] 

Antibiotics, some of the common ones can still be eaten. Only some classes that needed to be avoided.

Edited by Lala81

Thanks. I read that some with G6PD are allergic to paracetamol or anti biotic. Paracetamol is the mildest drug to treat URTI. Any substitute for Paracetamol? How about anti biotic where certain medical condition do require them.

i am G6PD deficient. No problems taking paracetamol (I self prescribe for fevers etc) or anti-biotics prescribed by the doctors. Alive and kicking after so many years so far.

↡ Advertisement