Allergy - Do you have it?  

30 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, I do.
    • No, I don't.
    • I don't know.
    • Any others, please specify.

Yesterday heard am interesting allergy.

Allergy to caffeine.  Stomach will be bloated if drink caffeine. Cannot even touch coke.

One of my colleagues and just developed recently for the past month. 

Edited by DACH
↡ Advertisement

Allergic to penicillin. Will get rash.

Allergic to nickel. Now my specs is titanium and I generally wear track pants cos most belts have nickel and same for zip and buttons. Surgery wise I am told most instruments are nickel free. Skin will turn weepy and this weepiness can actually soak through clothing.

Allergic to a rubber accelerate. Dunno name liao but I cannot wear the normal sweat bands or even the rubber holders for spectacles. Will get rashes.

Yesterday heard am interesting allergy.

Allergy to caffeine. Stomach will be bloated if drink caffeine. Cannot even touch coke.

One of my colleagues and just developed recently for the past month.

This is not an allergy. It's just they have gastritis and can't tolerate caffeine well. It's very common. I don't take caffeine also.
  • Praise 2

This is not an allergy. It's just they have gastritis and can't tolerate caffeine well. It's very common. I don't take caffeine also.

So this can be infected suddenly in a person?

What could have triggered it?

He said the doctor told him it's an allergy.

So this can be infected suddenly in a person?

What could have triggered it?

He said the doctor told him it's an allergy.

His gastritis probably worsened over the years until its more sensitive to the caffeine now.

In layman term, asking you to avoid something = allergy lor. Or his doctor simplify for him lor.

for the past 3-4 time i had durian, my tongue started to have tingle pain after that. The pain is quite obvious few hours after eating and can last till the next day or two. Mainly on the two side edge of the tongue.

Anyone know why? allergy or the durian was bad? my wife also eat the same durian but nothing happen to her. Only start to have the problem this year.

Probably have some tongue lining inflammation to something in the durian.

How about getting very fast heart beats after consuming caffeine, like going to get heart attack? Is it allergy too?

for the past 3-4 time i had durian, my tongue started to have tingle pain after that. The pain is quite obvious few hours after eating and can last till the next day or two. Mainly on the two side edge of the tongue.

Anyone know why? allergy or the durian was bad? my wife also eat the same durian but nothing happen to her. Only start to have the problem this year.

i thought durian people eat the flesh and not the shell

• Praise 1

Something that frightens me and still haunts me, is kids with severe allergy in school. After school, some kind parents will bring treats for the kid and their friends. Some of these treats contain peanuts and allergic ingredients. 

I had witness one severe allergic reaction, the kid literally turned blue in front of me. The ambulance took at least a good 10 to 15 minutes to arrive. CPR was given but the kid was still growing blue. The kid somehow survived but was never the same again in terms of personality and smartness.

• Praise 1

Anyone allergic to hair dye? Me superb allergic to such product. From a cheap 10 plus to 100 plus type. After applying next day immediately my scale would develop redness and itchy. It has been going on for the past 10 years plus. Every year near birthday i would tried once to dye black. Hahaha eventually the second/third I would need to visit my GP.

Edited by Kopites

Something that frightens me and still haunts me, is kids with severe allergy in school. After school, some kind parents will bring treats for the kid and their friends. Some of these treats contain peanuts and allergic ingredients.

I had witness one severe allergic reaction, the kid literally turned blue in front of me. The ambulance took at least a good 10 to 15 minutes to arrive. CPR was given but the kid was still growing blue. The kid somehow survived but was never the same again in terms of personality and smartness.

yeah, peanut allergy can be very severe... need to be careful...

Anyone allergic to hair dye? Me superb allergic to such product. From a cheap 10 plus to 100 plus type. After applying next day immediately my scale would develop redness and itchy. It has been going on for the past 10 years plus. Every year near birthday i would tried once to dye black. Hahaha eventually the second/third I would need to visit my GP.

too bad you have to look old... :XD:

yeah, peanut allergy can be very severe... need to be careful...

too bad you have to look old... :XD:

Give me a break.

Deleted.

Edited by Kopites

Yes. Deleted because he might surf mcf as well. Sorry. Can't share that piece of conversation.

no worries. anyway can aim to look like Clooney  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement