BMW 520I - Damn Cheap !!!

Gs300999s

Neutral Newbie

its not about straight line speed.

the luxury of having more uneconomical but smoother engine with naturally-aspirated torque from larger number of cylinders is an experience in itself.

its possible to make a v4 or v6 go as fast as a v10 or v 12, but would a ferrari be a ferrari with a v6 engine ? its the excess that makes it both distinctive and enjoyable.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Eh its Friday for f**k sake lighten up. [rolleyes]

If I was serious I wouldn't be posting pictures. [rolleyes]

No lah ... my knowledge where got superior. Its your knowledge that is inferior that I worry about. I'm afraid you are unable to understand my technical explanation and make a fool of yourself by quoting me 400-500cc per cylinder crap.

omfg... [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Actually, I was referring to those comments on the car being slow. Economy at least at the time of purchase seldoms equates to a healthy dose of horsepower.

True, more cylinders means more luxury, my mum's go to market workmule is an inline 4 banger, the daily utilitarian runabout is also an inline 4, my personal people mover and weekend jungle basher is a V6 and the family chariot is a V8.

That said, I will go for a V8 and above anytime, budget permitting. And yes, I do joke about the lack of pace in my current ride at times, after all it has less than half the power to weight ratio of my previous inline 4 [bigcry] But I accept it at it is not unreasonable given the relatively little money I had to part with.

Neutral Newbie

true but as they say excess = waste too.

i guess for the common folk a 520i will meet up to 95% of one's daily driving needs (less the take off from start). only some would appreciate the

HOWEVER, PML has been overcharging for Beemers here in SG.

A proven route is to PI your own car and then register with BMW Asia for warranty - a global standard.

However not sure how PML will treat you should you go for servicing. There are more workshops out there that will service BMWs now but the electronics in them are lockdowned so tightly that even PML service centre also can't solve issues with firmware/settings.

Oh. U mean the quad exhaust is trying to be M5 wanabe ? [laugh]

Bodykits too ? [confused]

I have no idea what the diff btw the 333 , 555,.... [laugh][laugh]

Looks nice to me lei, regardless what the owner was trying to disguise it as. I dont mind tho. [nod]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

ppl will start laughing @ those cars Esp during cold weather when u can see white smoke (or water vapour) coming out from one side of the exhaust but not the other 2 "tailpipes" [laugh][laugh]

ppl will start laughing @ those cars Esp during cold weather when u can see white smoke (or water vapour) coming out from one side of the exhaust but not the other 2 "tailpipes"

I think only cold wet night here, you can tell whether those are real one. Also those that look spick-and-span is probably the fake one [laugh].

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

i think power is relative la.. those driving those traditional 1.6L or 1.3L will surely find the 520i powerful. Those who are already driving 2L might find the 520i slightly on the less powerful side.

so basically, can i summarise this thread into this hokkien saying?

"mai hiam buay pai, ai hiam kenna sai"

For the benefit of non-hokkien forumers.. can anybody translate this into proper english? [laugh]

It is true that IL-4 is enuf provided that d ka has only driver & front passenger. Try to fill it up wif 3 more adult human @ rear seat & some stuff in d boot.

Neutral Newbie

ah, but it it still better then a traditional 1.3 or 1.6-ers comparing full passenger load. So i believe the hokkien saying is basically right [laugh]

↡ Advertisement