'Gong-gong' sound when pressing brakes

Sleepyman

Theres a 'Gong-gong' sound when pressing my brakes. back and font... I noticed a few days ago only...

Hmm my car is quite new 6 mths and 10k only?(all stock)

wat do you think is wrong?

↡ Advertisement

Hmm hard braking mostly. dun know for sure it vibrates to the pedal(will check it out later).

Most noticeable when parking, everytime i brake i can hear the sound and vibrations ' like ur under rear bumper is scrapping the curb' feeling.

I started getting a loud clunk when I had to brake hard or when reversing then stepping on the brakes. It sounded like someone under the car was kicking the floor of my rear boot area .

Does not vibrate to the pedal. Case of something wrong?

What's the make and model of our car? A few years ago I had a car that had the same problem. The AD couldn't fix it and the prob persisted till the day I sold it.

Not trying to scare U.

My experience on my old car found on this was the sub-frame mount screw loose that the mount moved resulting the noise during moving off / braking.

Though ur car is still new, poor workmanship of screw forgotten to tighten can occur during production.

One of the new car I got found with tail lamp cover chipped -- properly defect part mounted. Agent changed it after showed them.

Neutral Newbie

Better check, its could be dangerous sometime. Last time i have this but its due to the brake pad all gone, and the oli leak till finished, the spring unable to retract back.

TS, hijack your thread cause I got a similar problem.

I notice when I do soft braking, I hear some 'tock-tock' sound coming from the brakes. I can't make out if it is from the front or the back. Have been there for quite some time already. But strangly when i do hard braking, the sound disappears. My ride is also a stock ride. 2.5 years old.

Btw, there isn't any vibrations. Just that the sound is there. Braking is normal.

Any gurus know what is the likely source of this problem? Please advise..

Thanks.

Edited by Edmund932

Hmm hard braking mostly. dun know for sure it vibrates to the pedal(will check it out later).

Most noticeable when parking, everytime i brake i can hear the sound and vibrations ' like ur under rear bumper is scrapping the curb' feeling.

hmmm... when ABS activate when u jam brake... the sound is "kung kung"...

sounds the same...

difference is i could feel vibrations thru the brake pedal (wearing thin sole slippers.. so could feel very well)

not sure if its ABS activate in yr case... doesnt seems like thou...

better bring to workshop for a check... esp since yr ride is new...

sometimes when i park... then wanna re-adjust car... forgot that i have handbrake up... then will have this scraping 'eee' sound... shouldn't be this case in your car rite...

maybe gurus here can help [wave]

Theres a 'Gong-gong' sound when pressing my brakes. back and font... I noticed a few days ago only...

Brudder, look up your car manual. I encountered this when my car was less than 6mths old.

A kind of "KRONG KRONG" sound when you step on the brake pedal right? It says in the manual that the car is "learning" something and doing adjustments. [confused][confused]

It might be the tire linkage is not bolted at all. Thus when u apply brake, the tire stop but the chassis is still in momentum.

Tis was wat happen when I serviced my old COE car in a workshop. The mechanic forgot to replace the bolt after servicing the clutch, timing belt and water pump. After driving for 10km, felt the same jerking thing. Drove car back to workshop n told the boss to try the car. On round the industrial estate, he found the problem, jack up the car and replace the bolt. Braking went back to normal.

Bring to a workshop to check.

My ride is an Impreza 1.6i. All stock.

Tks all bro for the feedback. I will go to my workshop to check as still under warranty.

Thing is I noticed it only a few days ago.

My colleague whom i always pick up to work also asked me when i was parking and braked: " you scrapped ur bumper against the curb?" She also remembered there was no sound last time...

I have a new auto car bought last year. It also produce a gong sound when I release handbrake and then go from P to D. 

I think by releasing the handbrake first, the weight of the car rests on the gearbox so the gear is very 'tight' thus producing the sound. 

If I change P to D first, then release handbrake the sound is gone. 

• Praise 1