Property Valuation

Galantspeedz

For those interested in buying a property, pls get an updated valuation from the bank before you buy. Call yourself if possible.

Valuation has dropped alot alot alot. Possibility of this drop may be due to the unwillingness to lend.

Edited by Galantspeedz
↡ Advertisement

Not really the unwillingness to lend but becoz demand has declined & property prices have gone down. The valuation report provided by the Bank should be the market rate.

2 cents' worth.

i am sure declining demands plays as much a part as the unwillingness to lend which contributes to the declining demand.........

Its is a contribution of several factors.

My 2 cents worth

For those interested in buying a property, pls get an updated valuation from the bank before you buy. Call yourself if possible.

Valuation has dropped alot alot alot. Possibility of this drop may be due to the unwillingness to lend.

except valuation for HDB flats? [sly][sly]

For private, valuation dropped but even so, no bank loan equals to no transaction. No transaction results in low transaction vol, so low valuation also no use. And this time round, it could go even lower.

20-30% of hdb buyer could not obtain loan, does that mean hdb valuer should adjust accordingly to market sentiment, low resale supply n demand?

that's precisely my point. super conflict of interest...HDB valuation must go to valuer that's on HDB approved list. No longer independent assessment. Hence, our gahment has the perfect tool to support the property sector or at least ensure the property mkt will not crash.

Worst, they don't let the buyer choose the valuer, they appoint their own valuer. I want to be the shareholder of the hdb valuers! [sly]

Don't know leh hdb pty I think for the past year when the pte pty is downhill, still very strong?

HDB keep the value of their flats high, influx of PRs come in, see price is right for them, they happily buy. Existing 80% of Singaporeans staying at HDB happy becos their asset still worth some money or happy can sell at high price and get into deeper debt by "upgrading" to condo.

---> pappies can maintain their 66.6%.

then pappies come out and say they can prevent a similar sub-prime situation from happening here because of the measures stated abv. and they built those flats at a loss.

---> they deserve their multi-million salary albiet kenna cut by a bit these days.

no loan = no demand!!!...isn't it same as what happened to the recent car market ... [sleeping]

most sporean are relying on loan to get days pass.....we are heading towards the same trouble as what american are facing now..... [thumbsdown]

so when will be our turn to face sub-prime housing loan crisis..... [laugh]