How to determine slip auto gearbox ?

Sukoo

Neutral Newbie

I got a shock when I googled 'No DTC found' - both top replies gave the answer of using incompatible scanner with a proprietary fault code. Hence it is very likely that your workshop was not able to diagnose and they simply recommend you repairs based on visual inspection. Here I have to agree that you bring your car for a 2nd opinion but it's very possible that you might end up with a overhaul recommendation.

Hi may I know where to buy the gel?

↡ Advertisement

HI,

ER-3682 : My car is a new car that brought five years ago

Kb27 : Mine is an auto transmisson

Btw, I had done my repairs last sat. Its seem that the workshop change the throttle body.

Thank you! :D

Edited by Winnie_Yeo

Hi:

Have u checked or try changing spark plugs?

As this also may cause intermittent problem too.

Yup! we change the spark plug at autobac.

Hi. Had to hijack this tread. I just collected my car mazda 3 2008 from second hand dealer after inspection from Vicom. The report shows the gearbox was in good condition. However I realize there was a humming sound from the gearbox at all gears. It sound like the reversing gear.

The dealer told me its normal for all mazda 3 to have this sound. And offer me to switch gearbox with another Mazda 3 which clock a higher mileage (88000km) from his workshop. Is this advisable or should I ask for an overhaul instead?

I dont know if i got a faulty gearbox. Headache man! Please help. Thanks!

Edited by Mazdacar

My engine mount was change by the previous owner at Mazda dealer 10k ago it was reflected in the servicing receipt. Wheel bearing might not be the cause. Because the sound only exist when I step on the pedal.

My gearbox is quite smooth. Could it be some early symptom of gearbox going to up lorry?

Never HEARD of any car autobox with sound,don't go back to the dealer,go to a well known workshop to ask the cause.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any reputable gearbox specialize workshop to recommend?

The dealer told me I am given one month warranty. That's why I went back to their workshop to rectify the problem. Is it advisable to swap the gearbox with the other mazda 3?

hi, is yours only happen when in low revs and not high revs. i have also this problem, only in low revs and not when i'm in high revs.

gearbox is shifting up and down fine. just a bit hyer active.

hi, is yours only happen when in low revs and not high revs. i have also this problem, only in low revs and not when i'm in high revs.

gearbox is shifting up and down fine. just a bit hyer active.

Yup. I usually drive around 2k plus rpm. But when I release my gas pedal or step lightly, the humming sound will come back. And when I drive upslope, the sound kick in too. Is it the exact same symptom you are facing?

Are you driving mazda 3 too? Was hoping mazda 3 owner can have some feedback.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any reputable gearbox specialize workshop to recommend?

The dealer told me I am given one month warranty. That's why I went back to their workshop to rectify the problem. Is it advisable to swap the gearbox with the other mazda 3?

These car dealers's workshop usually helps the dealers more than their customers,DO NOT let them swap the gearbox...go to the Mazda agent at Ubi Close to let them check.

Yup. I usually drive around 2k plus rpm. But when I release my gas pedal or step lightly, the humming sound will come back. And when I drive upslope, the sound kick in too. Is it the exact same symptom you are facing?

Are you driving mazda 3 too? Was hoping mazda 3 owner can have some feedback.

Go back to AD for a pressure test to confirm it is a gearbox problem and ask dealer to do a gearbox overhaul if that is the issue No point swapping to another old unproven gearbox as these days the actual mileage done can be deceiving due to rampant tampering of odometers.

Did you experience gear slippage or just the humming sound, if it is the latter, could be other issues?

hi, mine also have sound during 1.7-2k rpm, im on a civic, above 2krpm is fine.

also, it iwll also happen when changing gears when the revs are too low to maintain the change, i.e turning right from traffic light, it will have a awful groaning sound.

mine, is apparent when i step on the pedal, none when the pedal is depress.

Thanks guys! I thk I will book an appointment with the AD tmr. Anyone know the cost for pressure check and is it sufficient to ensure the reliability of the gearbox? Super headache to have this kind of problem.

↡ Advertisement