Melbourne driving fines

Wpower

Turbocharged

they didn't send u a registered mail right?

i suppose u can always give excuse... shift house lah, never receive lah, 'paid' already what (but of course, u never did.. throw the question back to them why they never receive your payment laugh.gif)..etc.

i also bochap the letter they sent me, but they never follow up with a 2nd reminder or attempt to contact me again.. tongue.gif

is just a normal mail..

if ever return to the land again, they will dig up? anyway its a traffic infringement with 1 point

maybe u can consider appealing against the offense?

say that auz is a beautiful country, u 1st time visit, etc, ya know, the usual stuff...

btw, what is the alleged offense?

Turbocharged

that one i also dunno.. didn't return there after kenna that once.. over 10yrs leow laugh.gif

i think their mata computer isn't so 'advanced' like sg...i heard they also got quite a lot of backlogs. dun take my words for it though.

here's a news article for your reading pleasure flowerface.gif

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/millio...7491636601.html

like u... some day i may follow my friends and settle down over there...see how loh.. worst case, just pay the fine+whatever interest (which i seriously doubt they'll do that)

Turbocharged

if it affects u so much, just pay and get it over with loh... just a small amount nia... dun lose sleep over it lah wink.gif

i suggest u appeal then, since it is such a marginal offense, exceed speed limit by 5 kph.

though auz is known to be quite tough on speeding offenses, since u are a foreigner, they will be inclinded to review your case favorably.

say u were sick and rushing to see doc, or not familiar with traffic rules and speed limit, and make sure you say auz is a beautiful country and u enjoyed your visit so very much but this traffic offense will marr the otherwise great experience.

2 months back, we rented a car and drove in melbourne city and kena summon for beating the red lights (2 sec). last month, letter came and summon was ard AUS200.

We dun remember us committing that offence, anyway no point letting that offence hinder our future holiday trips (its a nice nice country to holiday!).. so we just paid online.

I dun think bcos of that (not very huge) amount of $$, and making you stress over whether infuture there are any issue with you going back to Australia for hoidays right [;)]

Thats my personal opinion.

[flowerface]

anyone received fine by air mail? to pay or not to pay?

hi bro, please pay. take it as part of your holiday expenses. don't risk giving s'poreans a bad name. all these stuff will inevitably affect the treatment singaporean drivers get when they get stopped by aussie tp in the future. furthermore, i don't think you want to avoid australia for the rest of your life, right?

victoria state probably has the strictest traffic enforcement in the world. just a reminder to all intending to drive there.

permit 100

alleged 105

detect 109

last yr i tio red light camera in the city tio by 0.8 secs!fine: $400AUD!

my gf studying there den.. so bo pian..LLpay!

0.8 SECS!!! [furious]

Well..if you really did commit the offense, then take responsibility for it, like a man.

anyone received fine by air mail? to pay or not to pay?
↡ Advertisement