Melbourne driving fines

Wpower

(edited)

The speeding summons are issued by the Victoria Police Department.

The first mail is the fine $amount.

The second the fine $amount + $21 Reminder.

The third is the fine $amount + $21 Reminder + $70 Order (to appear in court?)

The last is the fine $amount + $21 Reminder + $70 Order + $51 Warrant (of arrest?) and severe penalties can be enforced.

Below that, it states penalties include wheel clamping and suspension of registration or driver licence.

Comment: The penalties obviously cannot be enforced on those living in SG (sic).

HOWEVER,

The question I have is: If we choose to ignore ALL the letters and reminders, can the customs officers at Melbourne Airport stop us at point of entry, the next time we visit Melbourne?

Is the Airport Customs computer database linked to that of the Victoria Police?

Edited by W210k
↡ Advertisement

Anyone can advise on Melbourne's ETag for car rental? Must pay for the ETag rental separately or rental car oredi installed wif it and pay accumulated charges when returning car?

Tough luck... Kena 2 speeding ticket @ A$150 each on the same stretch of highway towards Geelong, within 1 hr of each other at exactly at the same speed. Cos was happily using the cruise control set at 110km/h!!!

So now is the question: To pay or not to pay???

Anybody got experience with successful appeal? If no chance, I would save the energy of writing love letter to them.

In Melbourne city centre, take the free tram ride around the city. [thumbsup] TOTALLY free for anyone. (Compare this to SIN everything need $) [thumbsdown]

remember to board from the rear and alight at the front. :D

Neutral Newbie

I also got a speeding ticket which I ignored. Just received a reminder, mauling over whether to pay, act blur or request for review (which is an option stated in the letter). I was caught doing 74km on a 60km stretch. :(

↡ Advertisement