Where to buy used piano?

Eddie47

i have a used Yamaha exam model piano in very good condition but about 20 yrs old so definitely MIJ anyone interested can send your own technician to check it out before buying. it's been maintained by Yamaha ever since I bought it.

Anyone interested?

Neutral Newbie

I'm quite surprised there's a piano topic at this forum! Anyway, just to share with everyone. There are many brands of pianos these days that are even cheaper than a used Yamaha or Kawai. Their quality is rather good as well. So just broaden your options and go try more of them out!

Cheers,

Jason

Singapore Piano Hub

I'm quite surprised there's a piano topic at this forum! Anyway, just to share with everyone. There are many brands of pianos these days that are even cheaper than a used Yamaha or Kawai. Their quality is rather good as well. So just broaden your options and go try more of them out!

Cheers,

Jason

yes there are many non car related topic in this forum, but you need to register as a sponsor before you can advertise.

sorry but i have to ask you to delete you link.

(edited)

Got a new but now old and seldom used kawai piano for sale. Was used for kid to go through grade 8.  That time cost about $4,800.

Edited by Dumb

Got a new but now old and seldom used kawai piano for sale. Was used for kid to go through grade 8. That time cost about $4,800.

And now? If selling of course.

Turbocharged

I was told by my piano tuner that some expressions, tones and pitch cannot be achieved on certain exam grade pianos if one wants to go grade 8 and beyond.

I just listened and brushed it off. Perhaps he wanted to upsell me.

Wanna check..Is this true? The upright kawai piano I'm having now is supposed to be exam grade..

I was told by my piano tuner that some expressions, tones and pitch cannot be achieved on certain exam grade pianos if one wants to go grade 8 and beyond.

Wanna check..Is this true? The upright kawai piano I'm having now is supposed to be exam grade..

Yes, it's true. Go for Kawai K800 if you want to go past grade 8.

I think exam grade pianos are just upright pianos which are 122-125cm tall so that the soundboard is tall/long enough to achieve the pitch/tones.

I know nuts about playing/owning pianos but this is what i know from researching which piano to buy last year.

The upright pianos that are "better" or the top of the range for upright can go up to about 130+ cm. So for example, @vid's k800 is 134cm. So similarly beyond the standard yamaha exam piano, U1J, the taller one is also YUS3 and YUS5

Mine is a 2nd hand kawai 125cm (cant rem the old model number). it's a almost 30 year old piano from japan.

125cm should be able to get u to grade 8.

I bought Yamaha P115 that cost about $1000. 

Electronics but for ABRSM lower levels, probably good enough. 

Weighted keys. 

Can practice anytime of the day.

There's definitely flexibility for these type of pianos. Good for kids who practice after they come home from childcare or what.

my girl go kindergarten, so she practices in the afternoon.

I've played around with them and they seem pretty good nowadays.

But i think even Grade 1, there's quite a range of percussive effects they need to achieve the aim of the piece.

I used to think that the first 2-3 grades of ABRSM is supposed to be on just fingering, but I'm surprised at how much u need to train the different skills to execute the pieces.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement