• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
26 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I'm seeing some luxury cars doing car body wrapping. Anyone know what is the real purpose of car body wrapping? comestic? Does it feel hot with a dull black skin?

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 08:59 PM

Calvin53
  • Calvin53
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

maybe to protect the original paintwork.. resales value

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

it a nice idea but so far the cost of doing it is almost the same as repainting the car. but as some bro mentioned, could be a good idea to use it to protect the original paint to enhance the resale value. but the question i have is how many people can tell if the current paint coat on the car is really factory painted or aftermarket ones. the aftermarket ones really so much different from the factory ones? just wondering

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:40 PM

Kungming
  • Kungming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

If got scratch marks how to touch up sia? Means no need waxing oso liao right?

Posted 12 December 2008 - 09:46 PM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

don't think you need to wax, maybe those who done it before can share more detail. but if kena scratch, guess you can just replace the affect ara with a new wrap?

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:55 PM

Hogster
  • Hogster
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's not cheap, was quoted over 2k!! dizzy.gif

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:01 PM

Tanjkp
  • Tanjkp
    5th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif Eh ! if I were to get a car into this, will ask if can take the option of car without paint to exempt from paying for the paint.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:02 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It actually looks good. There's a GTR with matt black sticker all round, very chio!

Saw a new Subaru WRX STI with matt black sticker too, very nice.

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:05 PM

Itnato
  • Premium member
    Itnato
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

just wondering if wrap whole car with matt sticker legal?

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:16 PM

Ixiz
  • Ixiz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

And wondering too what will be the colour to state in the log card ?

Example if your car is white ... then you wrapped in matted black ...

Colour : White (Black) or Zebra ??? laugh.gif

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Should be legal I guess. As long as not chrome. laugh.gif

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

well i knw a frd who's doing it for a special price of abt $1k only...

Posted 12 December 2008 - 11:43 PM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

no reason to be illegal i guess

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:06 AM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

mind sharing where he did it for S$1k?

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:07 AM

So_nice
  • Premium member
    So_nice
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i saw an interesting colour..matt red toyota wish. tongue.gif
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

还我河山!!!

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:11 AM

Gary84
  • Premium member
    Gary84
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i will pm u his contacts.

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:21 AM

Rliewky
  • Premium member
    Rliewky
    4th Gear
    Author Image

thanks bro

Posted 13 December 2008 - 12:55 AM

Defelio
  • Premium member
    Defelio
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It actually looks good. There's a GTR with matt black sticker all round, very chio!

Saw a new Subaru WRX STI with matt black sticker too, very nice.

Were you at Geylang when u saw those 2 cars? I was having supper dim sum and saw those 2 ride. thumbsup.gif

Posted 13 December 2008 - 01:37 AM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

what were u doing in geylang? sly.gif sly.gif sly.gif sly.gif

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:29 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Err, no leh. You were ONLY having supper dim sum there? Really?? laugh.gif

I saw the GTR at Centennial Tower carpark and the WRX at Jalan Sultan. wink.gif

Edited by Fcw75, 13 December 2008 - 02:30 AM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Body, wrapping, anyone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users