Termite.

Bmz3

Termites have a bad reputation simply because they eat wood and damage homes. Through the years, countless termite myths have sprung up. Some of these might be simple misunderstanding. However, some of these myths could cause homeowners to lose money.

I have engaged Termite Control.

The Formosan subterranean termite continues to be known as the "super termite". These termites reside in very large colonies. There are often an incredible number of termites per colony. Their numbers enable Formosan termites to do lots of damage very quickly.

One myth about these termites is they can eat through concrete. The reality is that they use tiny cracks within the concrete. As the termites still pass through the crack, they gradually make it larger. If a person didn

↡ Advertisement

Termites have a bad reputation simply because they eat wood and damage homes. Through the years, countless termite myths have sprung up. Some of these might be simple misunderstanding. However, some of these myths could cause homeowners to lose money.

I have engaged Termite Control.

The Formosan subterranean termite continues to be known as the "super termite". These termites reside in very large colonies. There are often an incredible number of termites per colony. Their numbers enable Formosan termites to do lots of damage very quickly.

One myth about these termites is they can eat through concrete. The reality is that they use tiny cracks within the concrete. As the termites still pass through the crack, they gradually make it larger. If a person didn

Edited by Good-Carbuyer

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

I also suffered from this problem, [;)] But one of my friends suggested me some home remedies for termite control. [:)]

So, I think you should try this, Here are some good and effective Tips for termite control:

In a laboratory experiment, it was found that Orange Oil Extract was highly effective at killing termites, showing between 68-96% mortality in the experiment. What is more, those insects that did not die from the oil were found to be significantly less productive in consuming wood. It is a fantastic natural termite treatment option. The active ingredient in the oil is d-limonene, which has long been known to be toxic to insects, but particularly against termites. Termites exposed to the vapor also showed high mortality rates. Orange Oil Extract can be efficiently used to get rid of subterranean termites. Simply, drill small holes at the places infested by the termites and inject the orange oil into the hole. This will help you get rid of termites in 3 days to a maximum of 3 weeks, depending on the severity. 

Edited by MSloise

(edited)

Hi all,

I found termites in my house and have paid twice for the pest control company to check, each time around $130. However the problem is still not solve. What they did was just to put some pills at the affected area and nothing else. Now they are asking me to sign a package, around $350 for a year and they will come every 3 months to put pills.

By the way I stay at 16 floor, why have termites?

Anyone have similar experience? All advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi Bmz3,

Breeding termites have wings which allows them to fly to other places to breed. Once they settle down, they will discard their wings and start looking for a place to breed.

They usually migrate to breed during rainy seasons, as we in Singapore commonly see a lot of insect wings being discarded near corridors, windows or the corners of some of our homes. These wings could be from ants or termites, sometimes quite hard to differentiate. 

As for you question, they can easily fly to 16th floor, not an issue.. My advice is that you can speak to a few pest control professionals and ask them for advice. 

You can read up more about termite lifecycle and how they breed, as well as preventive measures: sghomeneeds.com/everything-about-termites/

Edited by numbertwelve

If the termites resides in the wall then you need to look for another place.

If it comes from your furniture then you should change them and switch to steel/glass furniture. 

You can also ask your neighbors nearby if they have some at their place.

• Praise 1

Need to pager the pest buster @Radx ... These days after marriage he has to multitask many other things like mopping the floor  and cleaning toilet... 

:D

Radx

Need to pager the pest buster @Radx ... These days after marriage he has to multitask many other things like mopping the floor and cleaning toilet...

I tot he is the subterranean type always

Need to pager the pest buster @Radx ... These days after marriage he has to multitask many other things like mopping the floor and cleaning toilet...

Pest buster?

I thought he undertaker and issue passports to hell?

I steam cleaned the timber flooring a few years ago when my wife sighted some termites on the floor. The termites have not appeared again. Cost: $0

Hi all,

I found termites in my house and have paid twice for the pest control company to check, each time around $130. However the problem is still not solve. What they did was just to put some pills at the affected area and nothing else. Now they are asking me to sign a package, around $350 for a year and they will come every 3 months to put pills.

By the way I stay at 16 floor, why have termites?

Anyone have similar experience? All advice is greatly appreciated.

hi  , have you solved your problem? how is it done and are you satisfied with the solution?