Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

Precisely, if you want comfort then you have to sacrifice on the pickup of the car and consumption as it will be more heavy in weight. You cannot kill two birds with one stone as it is just like Weight VS Power ratio.

I have sat in a JDM Camry before and I can say the comfort is never as good as a Cefiro or Teana, besides, it is more noisy than Cefiro or even Teana.

u know can lah. if everyone knows, then u think teana still cheaper than camry? [rolleyes] ( at least, i think it's cheaper lah).

anyway, i also feel it's a superior car. nissan might be getting a bit of an underdog branding as their sunny is one of the lower end models for the jap segment. but the latio and cefiro are sweet rides (although the latio is fugly [lipsrsealed] )

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Using a V6 against IL4? How impressive. s.g.carmart mentioned that it has a 2.5-litre VQ25DE V6 resides under its bonnet, producing up to 182 hp at 6,000 rpm and a decent 228 Nm of torque. Despite those figures, it isn

As for uncles car.... hardly.... nothing a lil bit of sophisticated VIP pimping can't do to fix that. Try making a civic/altis/latio/jazz/vios/city/mz2/lancer/mz3 look sophisticated yet hip....

i think the accord is the most PIMP of all. i mean it in a good way.

mark X also can be damn pimp. actually, mark X whips them all, accord, mz6, teana, camry. except that centre passenger wear skirt will zao geng only [flowerface]

my pick

comfort> MarkX, teana

power> markX

drive> MarxX, M6

looks> M6, markx

let's remove markx for those RWD haters (there exist such pple)

comfort> teana

power> (my impression is accord but since pple have posted facts) teana

drive> M6

looks> m6.

accord and camry are neither here nor there. i lean a bit more towards accord than camry. it sounds like a louder vios/altis (and look like one too), that alone is enuff to turn me off.

The last gen JDM accord? HELL YEAH!!!

mark X also can be damn pimp. actually, mark X whips them all, accord, mz6, teana, camry. except that centre passenger wear skirt will zao geng only [flowerface]

my pick

comfort> MarkX, teana

power> markX

drive> MarxX, M6

looks> M6, markx

comfort> teana

drive> M6

looks> m6.

accord and camry are neither here nor there. i lean a bit more towards accord than camry. it sounds like a louder vios/altis (and look like one too), that alone is enuff to turn me off.

a latio 1.5l with CVT also can hit 100km/h at 2000rpm ...

the transmission also plays a part.

i am sure alot of other cars without V6 engine or with smaller engine size then the teana's can also hit 100km/h at 2000rpm ...

Hence I said to run 100 Km/h at 2000 rpm is really no big deal on a V6.

Regards,

• Praise 1

accord, camry, teana all are ah pek cars lah. in ascending order.

i'm "young punk", but if u let me choose which ah pek car, i will choose the best (IMO). which is the teana.

no. my daddy doesn't own one. he has a camry 2.0. decent car in its own right but a silly buy considering the cefiro (at that time) is a much better car for a lower price.

M6 in the same category but the outlook is younger and sportier.

anyway, u are true to your words, since u own civic [thumbsup]

[laugh] if you ask me to choose one of the trio, my answer would be none of them. Driving a Civic doesn't mean you have to go Accord for the next upgrade. I probably choose the best in class that my money can fetch. At the compact executive or the big sedan segment the choice is even more competitive.

Regards,

Hence I said to run 100 Km/h at 2000 rpm is really no big deal on a V6.

Regards,

It is a matter of gearing chosen by the manufacturer. Just that lower rpm giving high road speed aids FC while if low road speed correspond with higher rpm, it makes the car more lively to drive. FC will suffer a little but not really much more.

Edited by Chickensoup
  • Praise 1

Teana has good review and won awards in Hong Kong. However, in Singapore, the car is not as well perceived by most.

Could it be TC marketing strategy is not as effective as Toyota or Honda?

post-31995-1233460065_thumb.png

source: www.nissan.com.hk

===========================================

2009 01 22 : Nissan's Teana & Murano Captures Prestigious Awards

Launched only in October, the Nissan Teana and Nissan Murano have already began its sweep of the most prestigious awards in the automobile world in Hong Kong.

Car Plus Magazine - Car of the Year 2008 - 日本中型車王 (Japanese Medium-Sized Vehicle) - NISSAN TEANA

Car and Driver Magazine - 10 Best Cars of the Year 2008 - Car of the Year - NISSAN TEANA

Automobile Magazine - Editor

IS IT possible for 1.9 RPM at 100 km/hr??!~

Can any expert advice?

Mine is 2.5 RPM = 100 km/hr or 3 RPM = 120 Km/hr

Of cos lah..walao use your car as a standard?

My car top speed is 250kmph... can car go above 400kmph? of cos can lah walaoeh !

• Praise 1

Singaporeans are still rather tilted the big 2 japanese brands for the big sedan class. I'm sure they are probably die hard loyalists who have never tried the competition from Mazda and Nissan.

• Praise 1

Bro, Camry is alright lah. Dont put it down. To me, all 3 cars serve a different market segment.

oh well. its a never ending debate. So, haha. To each his own. ((:

• Praise 1

my pick

comfort> MarkX, teana

power> markX

drive> MarxX, M6

looks> M6, markx

comfort> teana

drive> M6

looks> m6.

My vote goes to Mark X, 2nd choice will be the Teana... Teana is a really good car for its price. But being a young adult, hehe....

• Praise 1

Bluetooth Rearview Mirror With 4.5" LCD for Reverse Camera

To All Teana Owners:

I found a clip-on rear view mirror with Bluetooth for handsfree calling and an embedded 4.5" LCD screen to display the reverse camera sight for $348 inclusive of installation. On top of that, this system includes 4 reverse sensors that will emit the usual audible tones and display the distance on the rear view mirror also! The reverse camera is CCD (superior to CMOS) and vision angle is 150', should be good enough to see the back from end corner to corner.

I hope to organise an installation of the above system so as to benefit from the wealth of experience together. Interested, please PM me.

u'll be amazed that accord 2.4 is NOT that powerful

i thought Vtec confirm shiok

until i drove it.

The old 2.4 Accord can do the century sprint in sub-10s (official is 9.8s), the new Accord is really more Ah Pek (more comfort and FC-centric (efficiency at the expense of performance, imo). Look is acceptable to me).

If Teana can do 0-100 km/h in 9s with good FC, it should be a good buy, the car is really "loaded" in terms of features. But if its V6 is paired with a CVT, then it is a no go for me. Everyone has their preference, CVT is just not for me.

M6 2.5L has been crowned car of the year in Malaysia in 2008 (can't remember by who), anyone looking into large executive sedan should go test drive it. Good handling with Japanese reliability but resale value for Mazda are usually not fantastic.

The last gen JDM accord? HELL YEAH!!!

i was thinking of KM accord.

the PI JDM accords are not bad (the euro R body). but too small to compare with the fat boys mentioned in this thread (camry, teana etc). they are probably slightly above the civic but i find civic interior more updated.

Bro, Camry is alright lah. Dont put it down. To me, all 3 cars serve a different market segment.

oh well. its a never ending debate. So, haha. To each his own. ((:

camry is ok. but a fair price for it (IMO) is below cefiro/teana.

not value for money. the refinement is not there. just toyota branding. the old camry was already buzzy enuff but the new one is even more so

the throttle response of the camry is very good. but the ride is jerkier than the cefiro's. in reality, the power is not tt good. cefiro does feel sluggish to the uninitiated due to the more "relaxed" throttle response. i overcome that with a quick stab at the accelerator, the surge is not too bad. not for competing with boy racers la, but decent low end at least (never tried the high end)

interior does look much more youthful than the cefiro's. but less of the luxury feel. maybe tt's why it sells well. ah peks dun like to be reminded of their age :D

how's tan chong's service? borneo service is good IMHO, but their prices are rather ex to me. i service my dad's ride for him outside. but at least BM is cool enuff to honour warranty. warranty for stupid things like plastic strips peeling off and door squeaking, to name a few.

Edited by Boyboy

camry is ok. but a fair price for it (IMO) is below cefiro/teana.

not value for money. the refinement is not there. just toyota branding. the old camry was already buzzy enuff but the new one is even more so

interior does look much more youthful than the cefiro's. but less of the luxury feel. maybe tt's why it sells well. ah peks dun like to be reminded of their age :D

u mean the JDM camry? [inlove]

I fell that the thai made camry is just as ah pek as the teana

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1