Nissan Teana Experience

Kalmath

i thinking to get a left 1 year old plus Nissan Teana, anything i should look out for? And anyone deal with Alyon Motoring before?

Thanks

My J32 XV250 is coming to 8.5 year, with mileage below 100K. I have already replaced the following over my last 4.5 years of ownership;

1.  Radiator and all cooling system related hoses.

2.  Front brake rotors

3.  Full set shock absorbers

4.  Lower arms

5.  Full set engine mounting

6.  Power steering pump

7.  Drive shafts CV joint covers

8.  All long life fluids including brake fluid, CVT, power steering, coolant

9.  Auxiliary belt

10. All wheel bearings 

11. All linkages

These are what i can remember, maybe there are more. Should be enough to last me till COE expires.

Cars of this age are hit and miss. If you manage to find one that is well taken care of, good for you. Otherwise, for most of the cars of this age, set aside some budget for repairs and maintenance.

Do note that J32 parts tend to be on the expensive side compared to similar cars in its class. And the dashboard, if yet to be replaced, should be a real eyesore by now.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My J32 XV250 is coming to 8.5 year, with mileage below 100K. I have already replaced the following over my last 4.5 years of ownership;

1. Radiator and all cooling system related hoses.

2. Front brake rotors

3. Full set shock absorbers

4. Lower arms

5. Full set engine mounting

6. Power steering pump

7. Drive shafts CV joint covers

8. All long life fluids including brake fluid, CVT, power steering, coolant

9. Auxiliary belt

10. All wheel bearings

11. All linkages

These are what i can remember, maybe there are more. Should be enough to last me till COE expires.

Cars of this age are hit and miss. If you manage to find one that is well taken care of, good for you. Otherwise, for most of the cars of this age, set aside some budget for repairs and maintenance.

Do note that J32 parts tend to be on the expensive side compared to similar cars in its class. And the dashboard, if yet to be replaced, should be a real eyesore by now.

The alternator and the starter motor I will suggest.

1. Radiator and all cooling system related hoses.

2. Front brake rotors

3. Full set shock absorbers

4. Lower arms

5. Full set engine mounting

6. Power steering pump

7. Drive shafts CV joint covers

8. All long life fluids including brake fluid, CVT, power steering, coolant

9. Auxiliary belt

10. All wheel bearings

11. All linkages

How about the aircon cooling coil?

1.  Radiator and all cooling system related hoses.

2.  Front brake rotors

3.  Full set shock absorbers

4.  Lower arms

5.  Full set engine mounting

6.  Power steering pump

7.  Drive shafts CV joint covers

8.  All long life fluids including brake fluid, CVT, power steering, coolant

9.  Auxiliary belt

10. All wheel bearings 

11. All linkages

My Toyota Premio is coming to 9.5 years, going to be scrap in Sept 2018. With mileage at 115K. 

So far during my 9.5 years of ownership, I only replace

1. Full set shock absorbers

2. Engine mounting. 

My brake pad is still original brake pad from Day 1. Looks like Nissan need to improve on the reliability of the parts, as compare to Toyota or Honda.

But Nissan Teana is a more comfortable and quieter car than Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. Guess its just a small price to pay for the maintenance and repair for a good car. 

Edited by Mahjong74

My Toyota Premio is coming to 9.5 years, going to be scrap in Sept 2018. With mileage at 115K.

So far during my 9.5 years of ownership, I only replace

1. Full set shock absorbers

2. Engine mounting.

My brake pad is still original brake pad from Day 1. Looks like Nissan need to improve on the reliability of the parts, as compare to Toyota or Honda.

But Nissan Teana is a more comfortable and quieter car than Toyota Camry and Honda Accord. Guess its just a small price to pay for the maintenance and repair for a good car.

Those parts I replaced are mostly preventive coz I do not want to deal with the trouble of a break down, especially with the annual road trips up north. In fact, sometimes my mechanic will keep those parts I change out for contingency use.

But do I agree without a doubt that Toyota cars are more durable. It is probably the best Jap brand in terms of durability.

Neutral Newbie

How about the aircon cooling coil?

Aircon coil spoil just aircon not cold. You still can drive to workshop and get it fix. Alternator and starter motor faulty, you call the tow truck. Manage your risk and enjoy the ride
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

just bought teana 2.5 that left 1 year plus, thinking to change the dashboard cos some crack on it, any suggestion? Also speedometer part, the fuel reading not lighting up, anyone have lobang to change as well? Small issue thou. 

just bought teana 2.5 that left 1 year plus, thinking to change the dashboard cos some crack on it, any suggestion? Also speedometer part, the fuel reading not lighting up, anyone have lobang to change as well? Small issue thou. 

I have a suggestion. Change out the crack dashboard.

:D

What you meant by small issue is that its nothing critical, can do with / without it.

The cracks on dashboard is unavoidable.  I did mine at about $900, re-wrap with leather.

Mine left 1.5yrs to go, did these so far:

1. Radiator and all cooling system related hoses. - due to accident

2. Alternator

3. Air-com compressor & cooling coil

4. Full set engine mounting

5. Power steering pump & hoses

6. Aux belt & tensioner

7. Ignition coils

8. Driveshaft dust cover X1

9. Dashboard re-wrap with leather

10. Lower arms - Now both side cracked, need to replace

11. Steering rack leaking - yet to do.  some say replace whole set, some say got repair kit, can overhaul.

Looking at it, all are big tickets items! hahaha!

Brake pads, fluids, tyres, battery excluded as these are part of maintenance / W&T items.

All these items happened in the 7-8yrs mark, I might consider extending COE...

Edited by oceanmist73

Neutral Newbie

What you meant by small issue is that its nothing critical, can do with / without it.

The cracks on dashboard is unavoidable.  I did mine at about $900, re-wrap with leather.

Mine left 1.5yrs to go, did these so far:

1. Radiator and all cooling system related hoses. - due to accident

2. Alternator

3. Air-com compressor & cooling coil

4. Full set engine mounting

5. Power steering pump & hoses

6. Aux belt & tensioner

7. Ignition coils

8. Driveshaft dust cover X1

9. Dashboard re-wrap with leather

10. Lower arms - Now both side cracked, need to replace

11. Steering rack leaking - yet to do.  some say replace whole set, some say got repair kit, can overhaul.

Looking at it, all are big tickets items! hahaha!

Brake pads, fluids, tyres, battery excluded as these are part of maintenance / W&T items.

All these items happened in the 7-8yrs mark, I might consider extending COE...

for the dashboard re wrap, someone quote me $500 from carousel. Now i realise my car door won't auto lock when driving, i have to press the lock button to lock all door, how much to replace?

for the dashboard re wrap, someone quote me $500 from carousel. Now i realise my car door won't auto lock when driving, i have to press the lock button to lock all door, how much to replace?

Unlike Cefiro, Teana come without auto lock. You can buy a BUS unit from aliexpress n plug in. Think I've post here before. Do a search.

Unlike Cefiro, Teana come without auto lock. You can buy a BUS unit from aliexpress n plug in. Think I've post here before. Do a search.

I am not sure which version / year Teana you are referring to, but mine certainly came with auto door lock above certain speed ( i did not check what is that speed ). 

I am not sure which version / year Teana you are referring to, but mine certainly came with auto door lock above certain speed ( i did not check what is that speed ).

09 Teana. My previous Cefiro has it.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

It's American sibling.

2019 Nissan Altima First Look

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/2019-nissan-altima-first-look-1019974032

2019-nissan-altima-2.jpg

DAYTON, OhioMarch 30, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- In a recent press statement, Nissan announced that it would be releasing the 2019Nissan Altima, which brings a list of exceptional features to the market. Traditionally, the Nissan Altima has placed third behind both the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry, but this year Nissan intends to bring the fight to its competition. 

The 2019 Nissan Altima has a couple of key features, which interested buyers will be excited for. These include things like an available all-wheel drive, a couple key standard features, and a new upgrade-engine option. These features place the 2019 Nissan Altima on an even footing with the competition. 

The new all-wheel-drive system defaults to allow the driver to send all the torque to the front wheels but can also be changed to split that torque between the back and front wheels evenly. This all-wheel-drive system will be offered across every trim on the base engine for the 2019 Nissan Altima.  

In terms of engine, interested buyers will be happy to know that the 2019 Nissan Altima has a base 2.5-liter naturally aspirated I-4 engine, which can deliver up to 188 horsepower and 180 lb-ft of torque. Additionally, the 2019 Nissan Altima will also offer a new four-cylinder VC-Turbo engine, in place of the previous 3.5-liter engine. The new engine will be able to output up to 248 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque, which is less than the previous year, but the new Nissan Altima is more efficient than the previous model. 

↡ Advertisement