• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
241 replies to this topic | 158 praises

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

For those who like to venture up north for shopping, don't forget to buy medicine.

I will start first.

Shop: Watson's
Medicine: Arcoxia (etoricoxib, an NSAID)
Manufacturer: MSD
Price: MYR3.80 per 90mg tablet, MYR38 for a strip of 10.
1 Anonymous member praised this
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:16 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

buy medicine for

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:26 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

buy medicine for

Anything.

The mentioned Arcoxia is an NSAID that is very fast acting. Only under prescription in SG but apparently I was surprised to find it from the pharmacy at Watson's.

Search for etoricoxib in Wiki. I used it once for 3 days due to a toothache. Pain subsided within 15min for the 1st dose. Once a day dose. Good stuff.

Over there, I found 400mg tablets of ibuprofen (Nurofen). We only have 200mg versions and have take 2 for each dose.

Among other stuff I found very affordable are Approvel (irbesartan) and Norvasc (amlodipin) which are both for hypertension control. However, generic amlodipin from my doctor is much cheaper than the original Norvasc. Unless you are a sucker for original medicine, generic medicines are indeed cheaper if you can find them either here or Malaysia.

Celebrex is also available though the star now is Arcoxia. However, if you have been prescribed these medicines before and know how to use them, Malaysia has cheaper medicine.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:27 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

yes, its cheaper. i used to buy eye drops frm MY.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:28 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How about medicine that needs prescription here, but over there no need?

I always wanted to stock up Ora-corte, but need precription, so average a visit to the doc usually cost about $40 for a small tube. The other is pain killer ibuprofen. I know in Uk and USA can get it from the shelf. Can't find in singapore..
You don’t stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How about medicine that needs prescription here, but over there no need?

I always wanted to stock up Ora-corte, but need precription, so average a visit to the doc usually cost about $40 for a small tube. The other is pain killer ibuprofen. I know in Uk and USA can get it from the shelf. Can't find in singapore..

Ibuprofen (brufen) is available from MY as Nurofen. Same as here but in 400mg tablets instead of the usual 200mg. In SG you can find it from the pharmacy like Guardian or Watson's.

If it is long term pain relief and you are not going to develop heart disease or have heart disease, see if your doctor prescribes Arcoxia.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Upguy1
  • Upguy1
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

long term usage of nsaids (eg ponstan or ibuprofen) can result in the development of peptic ulcer disease, more less so with cox-2 inhibitors like arcoxia.

People with co-existing gastric problem should not take the above medications.

but ,true, arcoxia is good for pain control be it toothache ,earache or menstrual cramps. thumbsup.gif . i use it post execise to reduce post exercise muscle pain..
================================================================================
=======
`03-1azfe-2.0-vvti-dohc
amaron/pivot/ngk iridium/simota/blitz/stebel/VPHB4/michelinPP2/16"/3075tint
================================================================================
=======

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For those who like to venture up north for shopping, don't forget to buy medicine.

I will start first.

Haha...I used to get my supply of Audace PH Performance hair fall control tonic at about RM40 over (can't remember exactly how much) from that Watson then I realized that I could get it at around RM31 from Tesco TC pharmacy.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 01 January 2009 - 10:49 PM

Ironstarz
  • Ironstarz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

eh pregnancy test kit cheaper there ? grouphug.gif
Talk is cheap

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ghostrider
  • Premium member
    Ghostrider
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Buy from their gov hospital lagi cheaper....RM1 for consultation + medication....

Many poor SG folks on long term medical goes there to seek treatment....because of our brilliant Medisave scheme....
I got no signature ??

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:26 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

long term usage of nsaids (eg ponstan or ibuprofen) can result in the development of peptic ulcer disease, more less so with cox-2 inhibitors like arcoxia.

People with co-existing gastric problem should not take the above medications.

but ,true, arcoxia is good for pain control be it toothache ,earache or menstrual cramps. thumbsup.gif . i use it post execise to reduce post exercise muscle pain..

Problem with Arcoxia and other COX-2 inhibitors is that there is increased incidence of heart disease. Be careful with that. Use but not too high a dose. I think 90mg is what I got from Watson's. There should be a 60mg version around. Didn't see it but saw the 120mg version.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:44 AM

Vooth
  • Premium member
    Vooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I will start first.

Yup, been getting my Zestril from JB for at least the past 2 years, cost is less than half of what my neighbourhood clinic charges and no prescription needed...Singapore really need to ease up on the need to get doctor's prescriptions for most drugs.

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

Andrefoo
  • Andrefoo
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i agree.... getting medicine in other countries is really cheaper... my zyrtec for sinus is only half price in thailand, and its not the OEM one, its the real deal from europe...

Ford Focus ST 225

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:56 AM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There is also a pharmacy just outside Carrefour. Free membership and once signed up, can get 10% discount on all medication purchased. (not applicable to shampoos like Audance, etc... just only medication)

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

Irene
  • Irene
    5th Gear
    Author Image

There is also a pharmacy just outside Carrefour. Free membership and once signed up, can get 10% discount on all medication purchased. (not applicable to shampoos like Audance, etc... just only medication)

Just outside? I dun remember. !st floor where the carpark is?
---------------------------------------------------------
To Engineer is Human, but to Dance is Divine!

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:13 AM

Hondaes8
  • Premium member
    Hondaes8
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Anything.

The mentioned Arcoxia is an NSAID that is very fast acting. Only under prescription in SG but apparently I was surprised to find it from the pharmacy at Watson's.

Search for etoricoxib in Wiki. I used it once for 3 days due to a toothache. Pain subsided within 15min for the 1st dose. Once a day dose. Good stuff.

Over there, I found 400mg tablets of ibuprofen (Nurofen). We only have 200mg versions and have take 2 for each dose.

Among other stuff I found very affordable are Approvel (irbesartan) and Norvasc (amlodipin) which are both for hypertension control. However, generic amlodipin from my doctor is much cheaper than the original Norvasc. Unless you are a sucker for original medicine, generic medicines are indeed cheaper if you can find them either here or Malaysia.

Celebrex is also available though the star now is Arcoxia. However, if you have been prescribed these medicines before and know how to use them, Malaysia has cheaper medicine.

Hi there,

Though generic drugs are cheaper, they have have more side effects. Most of the generics do not conduct bio-equivalant test, so the quality and release profile.......question mark.

Just my 1 cent

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:30 AM

Dwoon
  • Premium member
    Dwoon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

No, its at the 2nd floor. Just facing their checkout registers. (More accurately facing their non-halal section)

Just outside? I dun remember. !st floor where the carpark is?

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:34 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Medicine is cheaper in msia..remind me of the movie "SICKO" directed by Michael Moore. The same guy who directed fahrenheit 911 etc..

SICKO weblink

US citizens go cuba and canada buy medicines at dirt cheap prices..

My colleague buy propescia there at 20+ to 30+ cheaper than SG.

Edited by Tarzan666, 02 January 2009 - 09:39 AM.

MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 02 January 2009 - 09:46 AM

Tarzan666
  • Tarzan666
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I dun tink dats wat they mean..to prescribe & promote medicine..

Best is to buy medicines which has already been prescribed by SG docs.
MCF PS3 Clan 1)Dj_spike:Dj_Shahril 2)Fireball0088:hsb0088 3)Tarzan666:sardin69 4)Tonyhawk:yaharoko 5)Ah_Cow:Ah_Cow 6)Kingcopa:thegod09 7)Freestylers09:freestylers09 8)Wreckwrx:wreckwrx 9)Galantspeedz:accordH22A 10)Unltd:Unltd8 11)Ixus:luckytan 12)Limahmao:limahmao 13)Skylander:rico7ch3t 14)Little_prince:The_king137 15)Hub_n_mona:trebuh007 16)Angguguay:itsagg 17)Ni_Ni10: ni_ni10 18)Windchoco : windchoco 19)King:Ah_nei 20)Tansrb:Tansrb 21)Nlatio: nlatio 22)MadDog70:XTheDarkSideX 23)Tkesper:Tkesper 24)Mazdaowner:SGSEAL64 25)Introz:intro82 26)Thefear:TheFury31 27)Unfair:pepi18022009 28)Ad23:ad23tzj 29)Josho:pboong 30)Lectrosphere:Lectrosphere 31)Bonafidestack:bonafidejack 32)East539:fronsi 33)Pokyman:nicktakenup 34)Antonee:YuYu_Nov 35)Legacyx:Rigares 36)Zac:ZacharySim 37)Thargor:Thargor-Orlando 38)Shorty:STR8_ACE07 39)Mrmilktooth:mrmilktooth 40)VellfireS:VellfireS 41) Elmo:Havock3662

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So now MCF is replacing doctors.

Be very careful guys.

You can have very severe allergic reactions when using NSAIDS and other drugs.

They should only be used when prescribed by doctors.

In fact I am allergic to Celebrex.
The allergic reaction is not very nice and it can have fatal results.

This does not replace doctors. If your family doctor prescribes you the drugs required for your condition, go MY and get these drugs. Depends on your doctor. You can reveal this to them but keep going back to them for consultation. They understand the medicine situation in SG and know that it is the main cost that is inhibitory of having patients return.

It is not the consultation cost most patients gripe about. It is the cost of medicine.

Then there is the other thing about medicine you should have at home.

There can only be 3 very important medicine you should have at home ALWAYS.

Paracetamol, chorphenamine and ibuprofen. If got children, make sure you also got the liquid forms.

Back to Healthcare & Wellness  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)