Pharmacy purchases in Malaysia

Genie47

You guys can try this store in Port dickson, Alpro Pharmacy Lot G-11-14, Jalan Pantai Batu 1/2 Oceanic Mall 7100 Port Dickson.

They have several store in other parts of malaysia too, meet his boss in PD, super friendly and reasonable pricing compare with Singapore. The boss even give me the the consultation of the medicine i am taking, even more details than the doctor here in singapore.

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Hi.....anyone been to The ZON hotel in jb...............is it safe to drive up there???? how bout the parking>?????? can anyone pls update me with this????

eh pregnancy test kit cheaper there ? [grouphug]

Yes. And they also have their own local brands, packed in a filmsy pack. Not like here, packed nicely in a big box for 1 time use and cost like $10.

The cheap ones there can cost like RM4 or was it RM5? But it's also not super accurate. The branded ones if compared to SG, is slightly cheaper. But we used to buy the no brand one. So you need to know as they are not accurate, they need higher HCG levels before it shows positive. But the good brands can detect earlier. But thats all in a matter of 1-2 days more?

I dun tink dats wat they mean..to prescribe & promote medicine..

Best is to buy medicines which has already been prescribed by SG docs.

Yes thats correct. Esp for those on lifelong medication...sometimes buying the same brand same medicine in msia is quite cheap. Assuming the same brand, same packing, is not a fake. But we buy from proper pharmacy, the medicine should be authentic.

wow. nice info. anyways. i hope they sell tramadol in there. sometimes if am in alot of discomfort i take 1 tramadol. KO me straight. 1 bad thing is it gives constipation... so i try not to take unless really necessary. [lipsrsealed]

Wow.... Tramadol is a controlled drug.... it's definitely not over the counter. You must be in some serious condition that warrants the use of this drug to control your pain....

For those with incontinent elderly parents, TENA-brand adult diapers are about 30% cheaper then here.

Yes! Thats cheap but I had problems trying to get the "comfort" version. The one with leakguard. Think not many place stock it as it's quite expensive. But the normal version is very very cheap.

Anyway it's been many years since I last require to buy it. [lipsrsealed]

I was at Skudai and decide to check out Guardian pharmacy

For Norvasc 5mg, it is selling 1 box of 30 pcs at rm170 or rm5.6 per tablet.

I thought something wrong with the price. Then I walk over to PharmaCare across the road and bought

10 pcs at rm16.02 after discount or rm1.6 per tablet.

MyPharmacy was selling at rm1.8 per tablet.

That leads to a question of why Guardian is selling the same thing at almost 5x the price.

I wonder is there a question of fake drugs?

It's hard to believe the 2 chains of pharmacies are selling anything other than original.

Hmm sounds like you are also a pharmacare member. Me also joined them early this year. I've never knew medicine were cheaper in msia for the past 15 years when I go to JB..... now then I start to buy medicine there and PharmaCare is cheap.

Comparing unsubsidised medicine, then JB is mostly cheap. But I think some medicine is still cheaper in sg ie, Obimin which I believe could be subsidised? Or maybe KKH imports huge quantity? Guardian SG will sell Obimin much more expensive but still slightly cheaper than JB's Obimin.

Another thing is Ventolin inhaler. Last time I remembered paying $17 from GP clinics here. Then when I went Mount KK, I forgot to bring and so went to a msian pharmacy and checked. Ventolin inhaler is RM17 but got many generic sabutamol inhalers and cheapest was like RM9 or so.

wa Bro Genie47... are u a Dr ? U know so much ? Do u know how much does Viartril-S 1 box cost in JB ? or glucosamine sulphate 500mg ? Thanks ! So now the best area to buy is the pharmacy at Tesco TC? Does most medication in JB need presciption ?? thanks !

I checked Viartril before (powder in a sachet right?). Same box was confirm cheaper in PharmaCare JB than in SG. If according to this thread + bro's advise, maybe Tesco Pharmacy will be even cheaper?

Me very keen to go Tesco soon...want to check out their super cheap Tesco brand wiper blade.....

You can try Dermovate. It's also for itch relief and available for about rm18 after discount.

Is Dermovate branded?

Dermasone cost $1.50 from our polyclinics....but ya lah have to wait 3 hours for the whole process...sigh

Me also stock up on Dermasone. My daughter uses it alot. So sometimes when I go see a doctor, I'll also try to get 1 for myself. I used to use it alot last time when I was younger, then now upgraded liao. No need Dermasone cos it's no longer effective. Have to use Combiderm. See my girl inherited my skin..... [dead]

But now I got a new prob. Can't find combiderm anymore from the shops! Maybe banned cos of their strong ingredients or something....... [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

thanks kianbeng.. also just checked . think slightly cheaper only ? That is an expensive brand haha

I checked Viartril before (powder in a sachet right?). Same box was confirm cheaper in PharmaCare JB than in SG. If according to this thread + bro's advise, maybe Tesco Pharmacy will be even cheaper?

Me very keen to go Tesco soon...want to check out their super cheap Tesco brand wiper blade.....

Supersonic

Hi.....anyone been to The ZON hotel in jb...............is it safe to drive up there???? how bout the parking>?????? can anyone pls update me with this????

Park inside Zon hotel is quite safe. Been there many times.

You drive in and turn left into multi-storey carpark.

But parked outside is not safe.

Supersonic

Is Dermovate branded?

Dermasone cost $1.50 from our polyclinics....but ya lah have to wait 3 hours for the whole process...sigh

Dermovate is trademark of GSK

You're right, to get dermasone is cheaper from polyclinics.

Supersonic

Inside Tesco is Caring Pharmacy. You can get the membership card on the spot and discount.

Also you can get Tesco points, when you join Tesco membership.

Turbocharged

Inside Tesco is Caring Pharmacy. You can get the membership card on the spot and discount.

Also you can get Tesco points, when you join Tesco membership.

membership card is free?

Supersonic

membership card is free?

Yes. Membership for Caring pharmacy is free.

Also get the Tesco membership at the customer service for free.

↡ Advertisement