Vans with sofa seats behind

Sash1401

dear fellow bros,

i would like to find out from u guys tat if those van installed with sofa seats behind, do they nid to b dismantled during inspectation?

thanks bro and happy new yr to you guys out there

↡ Advertisement

dear fellow bros,

i would like to find out from u guys tat if those van installed with sofa seats behind, do they nid to b dismantled during inspectation?

By law, these sofa seats cannot be anchored on the Van.

During inspection, they will just check if it is anchored. If not, just leave the sofa there.

dear fellow bros,

as unfair has pointed out. remember carrying people other than your company's employee or employer behind is against the law.. but most of the time, they close one eye la.. buying a van ar??

dear fellow bros,

from what i understand the sofa is bought from novena at $99

as long as the sofa is not blotted down, you can tell the inspection centre that you are ferrying the sofa

but if you caught by polis, i think you better prepare for summon

i used to have a citroen berlingo but trust me it is very very unsafe for rear passengers, as compared to a normal car (but in my opinion, equally safe and unsafe as compared to putting a kid in a bus without seat belts)

although the sofa can be scured using elastic ropes with hooks (used commonly by motorcycles), seat belt is a problem

of course if one's finances only opens up one to any of the following options:

1) public transport

2) red plate car

3) van with sofa

i take van with sofa

u talking about those bright bright colored elastic ropes with hook ar? doesn't it look weird then?? the guys at the inspection center close one eye de la..

from what i understand the sofa is bought from novena at $99

as long as the sofa is not blotted down, you can tell the inspection centre that you are ferrying the sofa

but if you caught by polis, i think you better prepare for summon

i used to have a citroen berlingo but trust me it is very very unsafe for rear passengers, as compared to a normal car (but in my opinion, equally safe and unsafe as compared to putting a kid in a bus without seat belts)

although the sofa can be scured using elastic ropes with hooks (used commonly by motorcycles), seat belt is a problem

of course if one's finances only opens up one to any of the following options:

1) public transport

2) red plate car

3) van with sofa

i take van with sofa

I got put those sofa in the rear of my van. Never tied it down with anything but it won't move even when doing some hard driving coz I put those huge anti-slip mat beneath it.

Anyway, the sofa from Novena no more $99, last heard it increased liao.

I have went for inspection once and I took it out to save the hassle of them checking and asking. Just take out b4 the inspection and after that put it back, not much of a problem.

u talking about those bright bright colored elastic ropes with hook ar? doesn't it look weird then?? the guys at the inspection center close one eye de la..

i sold off the van before the inspection and got the musso

i got paranoid about my kid's safetly at that time

(i am still paranoid [lipsrsealed] )

safety is an concern indeed..imagine u e-brake and the passenger got thrown forward. i've heard of pple buying those rear seats from certain cars and fit them onto the van. think seat belt also boleh bah? for inspection..i'm sure there is a way to go thru it. [drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

my friend has a berlingo van before...and placed a sofa BED at the rear. when i asked him why he put it there....he only smiled....hahahahahaha

Turbocharged

no wonder now get a tank lah. must be feeling very safe right? [sly]

been paranoid is normal la.. who won't be worried about safety?

my friend has a berlingo van before...and placed a sofa BED at the rear. when i asked him why he put it there....he only smiled....hahahahahaha

u never go play catching with him at night ar?? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh][sly] [sly]

as unfair has pointed out. remember carrying people other than your company's employee or employer behind is against the law.. but most of the time, they close one eye la.. buying a van ar??

i'm driving one now.... ford transit connect

i've got sofa seat at the bk which is secure by a holder which is secure to the floor... but the whole sofa can still b lifted up from the holder n removed... so during inspection do i nid to remove the whole sofa or juz leave it there so when the inspector ask, i'll juz lift up the sofa to show him how the sofa can b removed?

thanks fellow bros

before go inspection, remove it. it is an offence by right. by left, safety of passengers seating on it also compromised

Hi all,

Does anyone know if I can/where I can install seat belts for the sofa seats behind?

wanna put a car seat for the daughter.

gum xia for the advice!

My advice is not to install the sofa seats at all.. It wasn't built to withstand the force of an impact... plus your baby car seat weight it will add onto the impact forward velocity.. the whole sofa and the car seat will fly out.. deadly

A van was not meant to carry passengers and its build shows it... where we try to make something out of unintended uses, consequences will follow.

Safety first always... car can repair, lives lost cannot claim back...

Peace...

↡ Advertisement