Creative Technology becomes Destructive liao

Darth_mel

Hypersonic

The only item I will buy from them is their sound blaster sound card, nothing else...

Nowadays still buy sound cards? Long time never buy already since manufacturers bundle the Realtek chipset into motherboards. Don't see the need to buy additional sound cards.

↡ Advertisement

The only item I will buy from them is their sound blaster sound card, nothing else...

I find their speaker is still good and value for money [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Twincharged

our economy is fully relient on the rest of the world.

if the rest of the world is going to suck big, we cannot avoid either. simple as that.

Take heed, brace yourselves for the big typhoon coming.

bopian ... SG people has grown to embrace the "lum ju yat chai sei" concept = meaning if i die, i will drag you along with me.

Just bought a pair of Creative speakers for my children's PC. Pretty good.

Creative Technology is definitely what they used to be in their hay days. Nevertheless, their products are still good and I will continue to buy them.

good! need more ppl like u support them! Down with Apple!

Hypersonic

good! need more ppl like u support them! Down with Apple!

Nothing wrong with Apple lah. The only problem is they overcharge. Otherwise, it is very good.

Bad FS. One of the company I know moved there, lotsa problems! Previously was doing a roaring business and busy expanding. After moved there, ....... [dead]

A business building sometimes tell a story. Was passing by Creative Technologies HQ building in Jurong East today. In the fews secs while driving, I noted the fountain was not working, the building itself looked like vacated; the outdoor amphitheatre steps looked so stained.

although, today is not business day, wonder whether it will drop out of sight ....

attachicon.gifcreative facts.PNG

attachicon.gifcreative.jpg

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Nothing wrong with Apple lah. The only problem is they overcharge. Otherwise, it is very good.

always lawsuit their competitors...knn...killing off competition..i hope to see their downfall

That is very far fetch, try another brand.

at elast they not market leader..good enough =)

Nowadays still buy sound cards? Long time never buy already since manufacturers bundle the Realtek chipset into motherboards. Don't see the need to buy additional sound cards.

That's why I no longer buy creative product since Pentium 4 era... Hehehe

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

That's why I no longer buy creative product since Pentium 4 era... Hehehe

That explains the downfall [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

The Creative Roar is selling like hotcakes in the US I heard. Hopefully, the momentum will be sustained.

creative roar is doing very well and getting rave reviews around...however one product is definitely not enough to sustain their business...in fact the latest results released a week ago confirm that their revenue has been falling over the last 10 quarters

• Praise 1

Think creative won't completely bite the dust as it hold some patents. It is just that it may just shrink.

here's a story on how apple became a patent freak, after it lost a suit to CT. .

http://www.cultofmac.com/194822/steve-jobs-vowed-to-patent-everything-apple-invented-after-being-stung-by-100m-ipod-fine-report/

Apple’s overactive approach to defending its patents

may sometimes make it look like one of the industry’s biggest bullies,

but you may be surprised to hear that the Cupertino used to patent hardly anything. In fact, it only began patenting its inventions after years of patent suit losses, one of which saw the company fined $100 million for creating the iPod.

In 2006, Apple was sued by Creative Technology when its iPod infringed a patent for a “portable music playback device.”

After that, co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs vowed to patent everything Apple invented, according to a New York Times report, and when it came to the iPhone, he declared “we’re going to patent it all.”

Apple engineers were then summoned to monthly “invention disclosure sessions,” where they would

describe the things they’re currently working on and a lawyer would declare whether or not it could be patented. According to one former Apple lawyer,

even when they knew the idea couldn’t be patented, they filed an applications anyway.

“If nothing else, it prevents another company from trying to patent the idea,” they said.

Unsurprisingly, in the last decade, the number of patent applications submitted by Apple each year has risen almost tenfold, and it has received more than 4,100 patents since 2001. Furthermore, Apple spent more on patenting than on research and development for the first time last year.

But one former Apple executive argued that if the company couldn’t patent its intellectual property, then it wouldn’t spend millions creating products like the iPhone. He explained features like “slide to unlock” took years to perfect, and “other companies shouldn’t be able to steal that.”

“That’s why the patent system exists,” he added.

When the iPhone was first introduced in 2007, Steve Jobs told Macworld attendees, “boy have we patented it.”

Apple has since used those patents to sue other smartphone vendors like HTC and Samsung, and to file countersuits against Nokia and Motorola. But it maintains that it stands for innovation and that it only takes legal action as a “last resort” to protect its inventions.

In a statement to The Times, Apple said:

Apple has always stood for innovation. To protect our inventions, we have patented many of the new technologies in these groundbreaking and category-defining products. In the rare cases when we take legal action over a patent dispute, it’s only as a last resort.

We think companies should dream up their own products rather than willfully copying ours, and in August a jury in California reached the same conclusion.

While it may seem like Apple sometimes abuses the patent system to fight off any competition, then, The Times’ report reveals that the company sometimes has no other choice. If it doesn’t fight for its technologies in the courtroom, all it can do is sit back and watch rival companies make money from them.

Apple ah...ipod was the bomb. Iphone was class leading, by a mile...Ipad, the best thing I ever had when I couldn't sit in front of computer due to injury.

BUT somehow, the competitors caught up. Apple stayed. Competitors overtook. Apple sued. Competitors left it in the dust. Apple still sue.

• Praise 1

Will creative roar help creative make a comeback?

Its really one of the best out there. If not, the Best

People compare it with bose sound link

Creative should just use the brand name "Creative" for non-consumer end products; for MP3 players, etc, should come up with more creative name than "Creative" for end consumer products. The name doesn't sell. You need a more lively and hip sounding name for music.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Will creative roar help creative make a comeback?

Its really one of the best out there. If not, the Best

People compare it with bose sound link

we dun see SWH so committed to other R&D and come out with anything new for pass few years, except focusing on the speakers range.

Creative should just use the brand name "Creative" for non-consumer end products; for MP3 players, etc, should come up with more creative name than "Creative" for end consumer products. The name doesn't sell. You need a more lively and hip sounding name for music.

the name is a curse, they should rebrand it and come out with better design.

↡ Advertisement