Audi RS5 lapping at the 'Ring

Viceroymenthol

Audi's sporting coupe seen undisguised at the 'Ring

6a00d834515a6e69e2010536d90895970b-t.jpg

The Audi RS5 has been spotted apparently undisguised lapping the Nurburgring in this suspiciously good quality video. The big coupe is not expected to reach the showrooms until next year and is likely to be fitted with a free-revving, naturally aspirated 4.2-litre V8 from the current RS4. Power should be somewhere in the region of 420-450bhp and torque will be around 320lb ft. From the video the car will sound awesome and we can confirm it will make mincemeat of a Mercedes R-Class

↡ Advertisement

i also puzzled when i read that

R class? isn't tat a heavy duty MPV?

same sentiment here.I read in awe until the last sentence ....

Maybe the TS has confuse the AMG63 with the R.

What the article meant was the R class testing at the 'Ring at the same time. If you watch the video, the RS5 over took the R class at the bend.

Whether it is the R63 AMG or not I dunno lah.

Anyway I find the idea of an R63 AMG MPV a bit weird, just like why MB has to have a G63 AMG or a ML63 AMG which are SUVs. Or even S63 AMG. Do people actually race these behemoths. Maybe they are for those Arab sheiks who have too much money to spend. I have seen pics of a diamond studded AMG in Dubai, which is damn excessive if you asked me.

always find it funny that their RS models have silver wing mirrors.

I feel that it is a nice touch.

Of course, for the pretenders, it doesn't cost much to put a chrome side mirror cover on a base A model Audi.

fwah.. nice V8 rumble.

such videos are just teasers. if it was still in production stage, it would be in full camou mule.

always find it funny that their RS models have silver wing mirrors.

Their S-line also gives silver side mirrors too. I thought IS250 has big elephant ears but Audi have huge ones too!

I can't wait to see the difference between the RS5 and the S5 aesthetically cuz in the photo, it looks exactly like a S5! Right down to its silver mirrors and the quad exhausts! "Similar" V8 engines too!

Edited by Azrielsc
↡ Advertisement