Honda Stepwagon or Toyota Noah

Wire

Neutral Newbie

hi bro........i was also looking at getting the NOAH..............ur thread was just in time to know more abt the car..........however u stated that from other threads u might want to hold up in changing car now.........car share some knowledge to newbie...............thanks in advance

Neutral Newbie

hi bro........i was also looking at getting the NOAH..............ur thread was just in time to know more abt the car..........however u stated that from other threads u might want to hold up in changing car now.........car share some knowledge to newbie...............thanks in advance

I also newbie lah. That's why I'm here asking for advises.

There's this thread in General Car Discussion about "Have Car Prices Hit Low Already?"

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2634263

Some commented that price will drop further. I am also keeping my fingers crossed.

If you are talking about importing cars from Japan now, then, maybe price will not drop so much because of the Yen.

But I am waiting for those PIs who had imported the car before the Yen hike. And the car had been in their showroom/warehouse for a long time that they need to sell it off quick.

Neutral Newbie

thanks bro.......btw can share the PI you looking to get it from? Can also pls give me a twinkle the best time to get it as am in no hurry. Hope not bordering u too much.

Neutral Newbie

Bro Cedsmsd.

I am no expert lah. I also do not know when is the best timing.

So far, haven't really called up any PI yet. But from Sgcarmart, there are 2 PIs who have the Stepwagon in their list. Pric is not updated though. Last updated was 15th Jan 09.

i am driving the G model. I have a friend that is driving the B. Get the G model will be a better choice.

Passenger auto door. chair can adjust and much better interior compartments.

Is all 8 seater. If you change to captain seats then will be diff.

If you can get the stepwgn Spada....

you wont go wrong.....

But consumption is 8.8km/ltr..... i am a light footer and will always go for EFO mode....

Hi Hondaman,

Seems like the Stepwagon is about there (ie 8+), I'm getting slightly lesser (at about 8.2). Besides trying to be light footed, I'm not too sure how else the FC can be improved. I've colleagues driving Estima and his FC is better (about 10), another colleague of mine has the Elysion and she's getting about 9. You did any mods ?

Cheers.

Alex

Did that comparison when i bought my Noah 2 years back. I do not know if the 2008 model have change substantially internally. At least the dashboard is different.

I can only say that the Noah is definitely bigger than the Stepwagon internally. Noah comes with a additional storage space at the boot area which is really handy to keep away waterhose, tool kits, detergent, umbrella, hockey stick, tennis balls, brushes and much more.

I drive hard and the Noah respond rather well. Pick up is good. Road handling is good. FC is not .... however, even if i drive more sedately, FC is still within 8-9km/l.

The height of the car is a concern when entering MSCP. Anything below 1.85m will be a concern. However, so far so good except the MSCP at the Bishan Bus interchange.

Engine speed is good. 110kmh@2000rpm. Cruising at 100km/h@1850rpm. Driver's view is good. Individual blower for 2nd and third row.

Sparkplug for Noah is a headache. Some weird looking plug that is hard to find. Corresponding Iridium VK 20 plugs cost $40 a piece.

I think with the 2008 upgrade, the Noah will be a newer car than the Stepwagon and will be around longer before they change. Sepwagon have been here since 2006.

However, I guess both are sill decent ride if really need to ferry people about. Just need to spice them up with in-car entertainment to make the ride more enjoyable.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Hondaman,

Seems like the Stepwagon is about there (ie 8+), I'm getting slightly lesser (at about 8.2). Besides trying to be light footed, I'm not too sure how else the FC can be improved. I've colleagues driving Estima and his FC is better (about 10), another colleague of mine has the Elysion and she's getting about 9. You did any mods ?

Cheers.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I did nothing much. As you know not much mod is suitable for this car. I just put a hurricane in the vent of air intake. How much do you bought your air filter? I get it at about $53. Which i think is very expensive for a stock air filter. Hurricane and KnN do not have this model. What colour are you driving? I am driver a purple G model.

When this car is at stationary, wah......i can see from like 8.6km/ltr to 8.4km/ltr. But if is a long distance travel i hot 12km/ltr b4. What engine oil rating you use? Currently i am into 5-40w. Tried 0-30W, 0-40W. Would want to try 0-20W and see how it can do....

Hondaman

Neutral Newbie

Bro Hondaman.

Do you always park your car near West Coast Mac? I used to see a Purple StepWagen parked there. Recently, didn't see.

Neutral Newbie

Did that comparison when i bought my Noah 2 years back. I do not know if the 2008 model have change substantially internally. At least the dashboard is different.

I can only say that the Noah is definitely bigger than the Stepwagon internally. Noah comes with a additional storage space at the boot area which is really handy to keep away waterhose, tool kits, detergent, umbrella, hockey stick, tennis balls, brushes and much more.

I drive hard and the Noah respond rather well. Pick up is good. Road handling is good. FC is not .... however, even if i drive more sedately, FC is still within 8-9km/l.

The height of the car is a concern when entering MSCP. Anything below 1.85m will be a concern. However, so far so good except the MSCP at the Bishan Bus interchange.

Engine speed is good. 110kmh@2000rpm. Cruising at 100km/h@1850rpm. Driver's view is good. Individual blower for 2nd and third row.

Sparkplug for Noah is a headache. Some weird looking plug that is hard to find. Corresponding Iridium VK 20 plugs cost $40 a piece.

I think with the 2008 upgrade, the Noah will be a newer car than the Stepwagon and will be around longer before they change. Sepwagon have been here since 2006.

However, I guess both are sill decent ride if really need to ferry people about. Just need to spice them up with in-car entertainment to make the ride more enjoyable.

Bro Skyum.

Thanks for your inputs.

For the spark plug, maybe you can try NGK Iridium Max HB6AIX-11P. Read in one of the Japan forum that the Owner of Noah is using this plug. Not sure if it is for the new or older model NOAH. It's cheaper I think.

p1.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Hi Alex,

I did nothing much. As you know not much mod is suitable for this car. I just put a hurricane in the vent of air intake. How much do you bought your air filter? I get it at about $53. Which i think is very expensive for a stock air filter. Hurricane and KnN do not have this model. What colour are you driving? I am driver a purple G model.

When this car is at stationary, wah......i can see from like 8.6km/ltr to 8.4km/ltr. But if is a long distance travel i hot 12km/ltr b4. What engine oil rating you use? Currently i am into 5-40w. Tried 0-30W, 0-40W. Would want to try 0-20W and see how it can do....

Hondaman

Bro Hondaman.

Maybe can try the Blitz Power LMD Filter. Model for Stepwagon is DH-86B if I am not wrong. Price wise, not sure...

p1.jpg

Or can also try Mugen High Performance Filter. But quite ex....

p1.jpg

Also can try Trust Airinx-GT. Model for Stepwagon seems like HN-13

p1.jpg

Engine speed is good. 110kmh@2150rpm. Cruising at 100km/h@2000rpm. Driver's view is good. Individual blower for 2nd and third row.

Edited by Skyum

Neutral Newbie

Bro Skyum.

Can also try the cheaper Denso Plugs for your Noah.

Denso OEM Plugs - K20TR11 (I think this is the original plug that came with the car)

Denso Iridium Power - IK20 (I'm using IK16 for my Honda 1.6L. About S$60/4pcs. Maybe IK20 cost a little more...?)

Denso Iridium Tough - VK20 (this is the one you mentioned at S$40/pc)

These infor I got from Denso website.

http://www.globaldenso.com/cgi-bin/global/...;cc=&FF=500

Don't blame me if you buy then cannot use....

I was also looking at both Noah and Stepwagon (SPADA model) 4 months ago..

If storage space is important, Noah wins hands-down. Looks wise, SPADA is gorgeous (viewed from front and side).

Noah's primary short fall is its MSCP-unfriendly height. My only concern on the Honda is spare parts as I scoured LTA's monthly model OMV list and found very few of them.

Note that local PIs usually only carry basic models, so they are pretty low in specs. I have considered special order of the top spec-ed ones (e.g. HID lights, moon-roof, twin power doors, keyless entry and engine start) and the price goes up up, coming too close to Estima Aeras.

Well, I ended up buying an Estima Areas with twin power door and moon-roof. No regrets.

Edited by Merrills

Neutral Newbie

Estima Aeras is a good car. But it's a 2.4L and price is at least S$90K+.

It's way out of my budget.

By the way, you mentioned about LTA's monthly model OMV list. I searched but only found the list for Dec. Of course, Stepwagon wasn't in the list too. So, I guessed nobody bought this car in December.

Do you know if LTA has list for the past few months instead of only previous month?

I want to find out what's the latest OMV for Stepwagon.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement