Top grade V-Kool - any good?

Glendon

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting V-Kool. Their online calculator shows $1200 (top grade) for my Civic. Has anyone gotten their top grade V-Kool - would like to know if it had matched your expectation?

Also, they have offices at Bukit Merah and Sin Ming. Would you recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

I using Vkool and 3M on my cars.. I prefer 3M..

I'm on 3M also, the highest grade.

But can't compare both as 1 is reflective, while the other is ceramic.....

How do u find urs?

same here, 3M highest grade on my car and it freaking rocks. I dont like Vkool because their films require you to have cutouts on your windscreen so the ERP unit signals will not be blocked by the film. 3M films do not interfere with your IU unit

I'm on 3M also, the highest grade.

But can't compare both as 1 is reflective, while the other is ceramic.....

How do u find urs?

After using 3M I find Vkool not as good as it suppose to be..

Pricing i belive they are comparable.. The best way to compare is have 2 identical park side by side then check the cabin temp.

Neutral Newbie

I've used vkool highest grade for 2 cars now. Very happy with the performance. Of course your expectation must be reasonable! top of the line doesn't mean no heat at all! I just did the 2nd car at Sin Ming a few months back. The 1st one at Bt Timah many years ago. Both good workmanship.

I suggest to search the old posts for reviews on workmanship. Also spend some time to visit the workshops and see the place, the workers, the cars they are working one. For 1K plus, worthwhile to do this homework. I was considering another brand until I stop at their workshop - cannot make it, only one worker, no other person (sales staff, co-workers or customers!)...

As for comparing vkool with 3M or other brands, very hard to say unless you can compare them side by side, with proper instruments, not "I feel ...".

same here, 3M highest grade on my car and it freaking rocks. I dont like Vkool because their films require you to have cutouts on your windscreen so the ERP unit signals will not be blocked by the film. 3M films do not interfere with your IU unit

That's strange, was told the other way round. The GPS signals will be affect using 3M film so have V-Kool instead. Rest using 3M.

Neutral Newbie

I hve used both the Premium and basic grade V kool. Actually to me there is not much of difference.

Hmm... I always believed that you get what you pay for - was rather disappointed to hear otherwise.

Thanks though! :)

Neutral Newbie

I've used vkool highest grade for 2 cars now. Very happy with the performance. Of course your expectation must be reasonable! top of the line doesn't mean no heat at all! I just did the 2nd car at Sin Ming a few months back. The 1st one at Bt Timah many years ago. Both good workmanship.

Hi Liang,

Can I assume that your car feels much cooler on a hot day after installing the premium vkool? Have you parked your car in an open carpark on a hot day - do you feel the vkool really helps. My office has an open carpark and everytime I drive my car out for lunch, I feel like I'm in a steam-room. :)

Also, does the vkool affect your IU reading in any way?

Thanks!

Hmm... I always believed that you get what you pay for - was rather disappointed to hear otherwise.

Thanks though! :)

I share Jeff's comments as well.

If you park 2 car, one with top of the range and another that is normal priced, you might feel the difference during the 1st one or two hours.. when it hit 3 hours baking, they are almost on par..

But if your intention is not heat rejection but for UV rejection, then check on the specs.. at times, you don't need to pay such a high price to achieve the effect.

Hi Liang,

Can I assume that your car feels much cooler on a hot day after installing the premium vkool? Have you parked your car in an open carpark on a hot day - do you feel the vkool really helps. My office has an open carpark and everytime I drive my car out for lunch, I feel like I'm in a steam-room. :)

Also, does the vkool affect your IU reading in any way?

Thanks!

If that is the case, I would suggest that you install both solar film and also visor whereby you can leave a gap at your window for the hot air to escape. it definitely help a lot..

Neutral Newbie

I share Jeff's comments as well.

If you park 2 car, one with top of the range and another that is normal priced, you might feel the difference during the 1st one or two hours.. when it hit 3 hours baking, they are almost on par..

But if your intention is not heat rejection but for UV rejection, then check on the specs.. at times, you don't need to pay such a high price to achieve the effect.

Hi Sony,

The intention is mainly for heat rejection. Thanks for helping to point out that the grades become less significant if I left my car over a prolonged period in the open.

Hi Sony,

The intention is mainly for heat rejection. Thanks for helping to point out that the grades become less significant if I left my car over a prolonged period in the open.

to add on, the optimum for heat rejection is limited, thus for solar film that ranges 600+ to 1k, the gain is also much lesser. I suggest you spend the money elsewhere like visor or those cheapo windscreen shiny looking protector that you put up to cover the front windscreen from direct sunlight.

↡ Advertisement