• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
93 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi bros,

i made an illegal u turn this morning at Seah Im there.
when completing the turn... i saw 2 white ants slightly in front of the bus stop there, with clipboards...
Likely they catching bus lane offenders...

do you think they will take down my car plate no. for the illegal u-turn ??

i think its a $70 dollar fine right ? any demerit pts ?

Pepi18022009 (For Fifa14/GTA V)

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:27 PM

Lightbringer
  • Premium member
    Lightbringer
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I got pulled over for making an illegal U-turn once, talk about overkill. The officers were really nice about it and didn't issue me a summon; however it was a pain in the ass and definitely an embarrassment to get pulled over by a flashing patrol car in peak hours ;p

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

Damienic
  • Premium member
    Damienic
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

If they saw wat you did, I think they will book you...but since they might be focused on catching bus lane offenders at tat time, they might not have seen wat you did..

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I got pulled over for making an illegal U-turn once, talk about overkill. The officers were really nice about it and didn't issue me a summon; however it was a pain in the ass and definitely an embarrassment to get pulled over by a flashing patrol car in peak hours ;p

i hope i can be as lucky as you man..
i was not 'pulled over', just worried that they might be 'silent killers', just submit my offence like that...
dun wish to donate more money to them...

Edited by Unfair, 29 January 2009 - 03:39 PM.

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Enduro25
  • Premium member
    Enduro25
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

dun worried..100% wont book u..

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

dun worried..100% wont book u..

thank you bro ! need the reassurance.
now not doing very well in financial aspect of my life...

i think these ATL goons not the same as TP, cannot book for other traffic offences

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thank you bro ! need the reassurance.
now not doing very well in financial aspect of my life...

i think these ATL goons not the same as TP, cannot book for other traffic offences

cham ar
kena letter request for driver particulars le

anione can teach me appeal techniques ?

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Seah Im road is not u-turn road meh? hmmm

the road that U turn into the bus interchange?

i always U turn there leh...cause i need to park at the carpark beside the bus interchange.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Ev0lutionz
  • Ev0lutionz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

cham ar
kena letter request for driver particulars le

anione can teach me appeal techniques ?

Should not have any demerit pts..

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi bros,

when completing the turn... i saw 2 white ants slightly in front of the bus stop there, with clipboards...

If they read your post here, they will sure book you lah! Why? "cos you called them "white ants"! Hahaha lipsrsealed.gif lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:44 PM

Drive_carcar
  • Drive_carcar
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I'm just wondering, what makes a U-Turn illegal? In some countries, if there an "No U-Turn" sign, then making a U turn is illegal. Over here, if there isn't any U Turn sign installed, making a U turn is illegal.

We are a strange country. Other countries, an act have to be expressly forbidden to make it illegal. Over here, if there's no approval, then it's probably illegal.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Seah Im road is not u-turn road meh? hmmm

the road that U turn into the bus interchange?

i always U turn there leh...cause i need to park at the carpark beside the bus interchange.

nope, not a U turn junction lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:47 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Should not have any demerit pts..

no demerit pts, not that it matters to me

however, anyone knows if they normally take camera to take photos of bus lane offenses ?

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:50 PM

Silver_blade
  • Premium member
    Silver_blade
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I'm just wondering, what makes a U-Turn illegal? In some countries, if there an "No U-Turn" sign, then making a U turn is illegal. Over here, if there isn't any U Turn sign installed, making a U turn is illegal.

We are a strange country. Other countries, an act have to be expressly forbidden to make it illegal. Over here, if there's no approval, then it's probably illegal.

Agree. I feel it should be can make U-Turn as long as there is no sign that say otherwise.

Now, we have both 'U-turn' sign and 'No U-Turn' sign...then there are those without any sign at all.

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

u'r most probably a student worried about the $70 right?

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:31 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

u'r most probably a student worried about the $70 right?

nope, wanna see how to appeal
IT exec that does not like to donate to government

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

Chickensoup
  • Chickensoup
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bros,

Better you ask TP office, just give them a call after a few days.

Over here, nobody knows.....you get what I mean sweatdrop.gif

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:37 PM

Ev0lutionz
  • Ev0lutionz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

nope, wanna see how to appeal
IT exec that does not like to donate to government

Actually i suggest paying up since no demerit points.. But appeal if you want if u feel that u have wrongly been caught for doing the uturn. I wonder whats so dangerous about doing an illegal uturn if there are no cars.

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:15 AM

Ixiz
  • Ixiz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Actually i suggest paying up since no demerit points.. But appeal if you want if u feel that u have wrongly been caught for doing the uturn. I wonder whats so dangerous about doing an illegal uturn if there are no cars.

Unfortunately when something really happen ... 9 out of 10 people would give reasons like

- I "thought" it was safe to turn
- I did not see any other car when turning
- the other car just "appear" from nowhere

1 out of 10 people would really admit it's a honest mistake ... sly.gif

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:20 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I so agree with you. However, its the way the system is. No way to change it unless it makes money for them. Same system that 'generates' women who demand your seat coz she is 4 days pregnant. Same system that gets guys into a frenzy and show you the middle finger when they are, any way you look at it, in the wrong.

Sorry about the bluster. Sleepy so brain not working very well. sleeping.gif
iPhone or iMia?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Illegal, turn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users