Taxi Surcharge - Confusing

Hishercar

Neutral Newbie

Well the security guy i think just trying his luck la.

These guys are usually elderly ppl with rather low pay. So perhaps he just asking to see if it being CNY some "kind soul" will give him some extra cash. Just ignore it man.

Unprofessional though. But when was the last time u saw a professional sercurity guard?

These guys have a tough job also la. As in the Jack Neo (Just follow Law) movie the security guard kena when he follow the book or when he close one eye. haha. That is why at the same condo on different occasions got different entry practices even when same guard on duty.

I am just happy we do not have PRC or other "FT" security guards fighting with local elderly for jobs (yet) [lipsrsealed] .

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i think they are not using HYUNDAI as taxi yet [rolleyes]

Toll and luggage charge in the past now dun noe leh. Cars not really same now as SG got so many mix and match of model. Standard 3 colors for the 3 area for HK.

• Praise 1

the last time the security guard ask for red packet was when I was at Chinese Swimming Club (East Coast) after I won some money from the one arm bandit, I gave him (indian man) all my coins which I guess is about $50-100 I am not sure because there were many 50cent coins and i had to use to hands to carry the coins.

we had lunch and the next time I notice was he was buying cigarettes instead of saving the money given

i know we all got vices but are we doing something good or making things worse

it is like giving money to beggars (organized by syndicate), I continue to give despite knowing that the money will go to the triad members but I hope some will be given to the old man or lady

then there is another group of beggars who have bodily defect such as amputate, i understand sometimes these gangster will break their legs and make it look worse so that people like you and I will give more money to them

so is it right or wrong to give tips to taxi when they do a good job or the taxi price is all in the package

the last time the security guard ask for red packet was when I was at Chinese Swimming Club (East Coast) after I won some money from the one arm bandit, I gave him (indian man) all my coins which I guess is about $50-100 I am not sure because there were many 50cent coins and i had to use to hands to carry the coins.

we had lunch and the next time I notice was he was buying cigarettes instead of saving the money given

i know we all got vices but are we doing something good or making things worse

it is like giving money to beggars (organized by syndicate), I continue to give despite knowing that the money will go to the triad members but I hope some will be given to the old man or lady

then there is another group of beggars who have bodily defect such as amputate, i understand sometimes these gangster will break their legs and make it look worse so that people like you and I will give more money to them

so is it right or wrong to give tips to taxi when they do a good job or the taxi price is all in the package

u tip taxi uncle in hong kong?

This Meecar clone really ask stupid questions all the time.

Taxi driver tip for kootie issit? They give head then tip? NB

This Meecar clone really ask stupid questions all the time.

Taxi driver tip for kootie issit? They give head then tip? NB

no way man.... i wun want taxi uncle to give head AT ALL [rifle]

i think they are not using HYUNDAI as taxi yet [rolleyes]

Vast majority of taxis in Hong Kong are Toyota Crown (Auto), with a small percentage of Nissan Cedrics. On Lantau Island there are only 50 taxis, also Toyota Crowns and Nissan Cedrics, some of them are among the last remaining manual taxis. All run on LPG, no more diesel taxis on the roads there.

Edited by Bicolor
  • Praise 1

So much talk about simplifying Taxi fares and surcharge...

http://www.mycarforum.com/blog/12/entry-4815-a-fare-way-to-fix-taxi-woes/

Empty Vessels Make The Most Noise !!!!

With BOOKING FEE, LOCATION SURCHARGE, MID NIGHT 50% SURCHARGE, a trip from Changi Exhibition Centre to even a nearby location like Tampines would set commuters back by at least $35 per ride.

post-27974-0-87960100-1488030579_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

And uber will surge the price till all time high... Yet people still choose to believe they got a better deal than the establishment. 

Anti-establishment is one of the pillars to Uber/Grab's success. 

I am just glad that uber/grab is drawing commuters from the traditional Taxis so that I can get a Taxi whenever I want these days. 

let uber and grab take care of this service provider.

So much talk about simplifying Taxi fares and surcharge...

http://www.mycarforum.com/blog/12/entry-4815-a-fare-way-to-fix-taxi-woes/

Empty Vessels Make The Most Noise !!!!

With BOOKING FEE, LOCATION SURCHARGE, MID NIGHT 50% SURCHARGE, a trip from Changi Exhibition Centre to even a nearby location like Tampines would set commuters back by at least $35 per ride.

Surcharge is still better than unavailable.. Try flagging a taxi and calling one at the changi exhibition centre, probably will  even get a cab.

lai liao   [sweatdrop]

Taxi companies get green light to introduce surge pricing
By Kenneth Lim  Posted 17 Mar 2017 11:38 Updated 17 Mar 2017 15:54

SINGAPORE: Taxi companies can now introduce dynamic fares, popularly known as surge pricing, for trips booked through mobile applications after getting the green light from the authorities.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) and Public Transport Council (PTC) said in a joint statement on Friday (Mar 17) that they have accepted the proposals from taxi companies and ride-hailing platform Grab.

“The companies have informed LTA and PTC that this will be introduced as an additional option for commuters to book a taxi, on top of the current metered fare taxi bookings,” the statement said. “We have no objections to the proposals."

With surge pricing, the cost of a taxi trip booked through a mobile app will vary according to demand. This means that commuters will pay more during peak hour and high-demand periods, and pay less when demand is low.

Grab, currently the only platform offering this price model, has announced that it will launch a new service with surge pricing for taxis with fixed, upfront pricing. This differs from its current taxi-booking service, GrabTaxi, which charges metered fares. 

Taxi services are regulated by the LTA, although taxi companies have been able to set their own fares since 1998. However, in 2016, the companies were required to standardise some parts of the fares.

LTA said it will amend the third-party taxi booking framework to allow Grab to provide dynamic fares for taxis. Under the current framework, third-party taxi booking service providers are only allowed to set booking fees, not full fares.

The move by taxi companies to implement surge pricing comes amid stiff competition from private-hire car drivers under third-party apps like Uber and Grab. Both Uber and Grab have similar surge pricing schemes for private-hire cars.

NO SURGE PRICING FOR COMFORT AND CITYCAB

Earlier this month, Singapore’s largest taxi operator ComfortDelGro said it was looking to revise the fare structure for its Comfort and CityCab taxis. On Friday, it said it is "pleased" that authorities have given taxi operators flexibility to introduce surge pricing but said it did not intend to roll this out for now.

"Instead, we will introduce a flat fare structure which will be similar to our taxi metered fares for trips booked via our mobile applications. This new fare option will roll out in about two to three weeks' time," ComfortDelGro said.

Second-largest taxi operator Trans-cab, along with smaller operator Premier Taxis, have said they will introduce surge pricing in March to help their drivers earn more while still meeting peak-hour demand.

Taxis still relevant meh  [:p]

Eversince the disruptors come into the scene, I've most of the time use grab or uber. Never sympathised with the taxi drivers... as they used to `pick' their passengers, refusing to take them if not on the way or going for coffee break. I've even been refused a ride into the CBD because is jammed during peak hours.

Another pet peeve is going into hiding before the midnight surcharge.

• Praise 2

That time i wanna go jurong island no taxis willing to go. I have no sympathy towards taxi drivers as it is they themselves that are choosy. With uber n grab coming in, its much better

Turbocharged

the govt has pulled out its favourite trick from the hat. 'Market forces'.

Its market forces that dictate how much ministers are paid. Its market forces that cause wage suppression among locals. Now its market forces that call for surge pricing.

They have really let the public down. This is simply opportunistic taking commuters for a ride. I just cannot see the logic. When now you have taxis avoiding people at peak hours with 'on call' signs, how on earth will surge pricing help the situation? By making it much much more expensive so that only the truly desperate will use it? Oh yeah btw go carlite please.

If the overpaid MPs don't debate this in parliament they have all failed in their basic duties.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1