Taxi Surcharge - Confusing

Hishercar

Supersonic

With surge pricing, it just means taxis can ALL go hide during non-peak hours and appear only during peak hours.

Not only, they choose passengers and routes previously, now they can also choose their own timing.

What's that to say about "public" transport ?

If you're looking for a taxi during non-surge hours, it means good luck to you.

Now, you can already see many taxis hanging around certain spots, when they should be moving around and picking up passengers. Next, you'll see even more taxis hanging around those places, and their favourite hideouts.

Edited by Kb27
↡ Advertisement

With surge pricing, it just means taxis can ALL go hide during non-peak hours and appear only during peak hours.

Not only, they choose passengers and routes previously, now they can also choose their own timing.

What's that to say about "public" transport ?

If you're looking for a taxi during non-surge hours, it means good luck to you.

Now, you can already see many taxis hanging around certain spots, when they should be moving around and picking up passengers. Next, you'll see even more taxis hanging around those places, and their favourite hideouts.

uber and grab will be very happy, also if not many people use the taxi app they also won't get any call, unless they also give discount code.

Supersonic

uber and grab will be very happy, also if not many people use the taxi app they also won't get any call, unless they also give discount code.

Now only taxis can pick up passengers on the street.

Does a level playing field means uber/grab can do the same ?

Or taxis will be up in arms against it. They want all the best for themselves.

Now uber/grab being private cars, is not supposed to pick up small children without booster seat due to safety concerns.

But apparently, it does not apply to taxis, "safety" suddenly is no problem in a taxi. [laugh]

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

What is the reason that LTA and PTC used to approve this? Every darn thing from SMRT/Transcab they also approve..have watchdog like no watchdog lidat..

YOUR own watchdog wouldn't bark or bite you when you return home each day right? 

:D

What is the reason that LTA and PTC used to approve this? Every darn thing from SMRT/Transcab they also approve..have watchdog like no watchdog lidat..

• Praise 3

Honestly, which policy in this unique country isn't confusing? [lipsrsealed]

And if I may add, amusing to go along with confusing.

Example? Chewing gums.

My Korean friend are simply amused by such ban.

• Praise 4

YOUR own watchdog wouldn't bark or bite you when you return home each day right? 

:D

Unless it is like my blur watchdog, bite me in the a r s e, after blood flowing then it realised it was the owner then start licking like best friend. Like that how to wallop the fellow.

This is my frank opinion. I have 99.99% given up on Singaporeans. Every time cry mother cry father. They expect people around to pity and feel sorry for them. But in any religion, I believe, God only help those who help themselves first.

Cry COE expensive, then COE increase price, who make it increase

Cry HealthCare expensive and old folks home expensive, then don't want to listen to Minister and go JB

Cry Water expensive, then want swimming pool in every condo

Cry Taxi expensive, then so many want to be Uber/Grab "taxi" driver

Exaggerated may be but we all soon respect the wishes of the majority and live with it.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

And if I may add, amusing to go along with confusing.

Example? Chewing gums.

My Korean friend are simply amused by such ban.

Not to mention the very draconian and comedic rule on not buying beer after 1030pm...

• Praise 2

Not to mention the very draconian and comedic rule on not buying beer after 1030pm...

If they really want to be draconian and incresse the population then

Ban sale of condoms.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4