Police Corolla langa Accent

Tkseah

The section from the a pillar to c pillar is designed to be the safety cell for the occupants. The rest of it is designed to crumple in a controlled manner to keep the safety cell intact.

ic. but the damage still looks disproportionate. wonder if a "tank" like a volvo would crumple half as much in such an incident.

↡ Advertisement

my bad.. it may not be a police corolla after all.. i'm just pleasantly surprised accent side quite solid.. :D

ic. but the damage still looks disproportionate. wonder if a "tank" like a volvo would crumple half as much in such an incident.

It is supposed to be that way. Would you say a Merc is not safe as a BMW as my friend got rear ended and his boot was only dented in, but the merc's engine front was smashed and the engine under the car??? (Thats actually a safety feature of mercs to prevent the engine from intruding into the safety cell).

Regarding your volvo, You should see the renault vs volvo test by either top gear or fifth gear on youtube! [rolleyes]

It is supposed to be that way. Would you say a Merc is not safe as a BMW as my friend got rear ended and his boot was only dented in, but the merc's engine front was smashed and the engine under the car??? (Thats actually a safety feature of mercs to prevent the engine from intruding into the safety cell).

Regarding your volvo, You should see the renault vs volvo test by either top gear or fifth gear on youtube! [rolleyes]

Perhaps these pictures?

Edited by Twofouronenite

Actually it's rather odd cos if you were to see carefully in the very first pic. The bumper of the Corolla is dented inwards in such a way, it's like it collided to one of the Accent's corner. But dan the Accent's rear bumper dun have a scratch.

On the 2nd pic also just as odd cos looking at where Accent is veered off it's the Accent's front passenger side that is damaged and not the driver's side

If the Corolla were to collide to the Accent's C-pillar, how to create such a dent? The damages and direction of the impact dun match at all. Could there be another car that has been moved away b4 the Stomper took the pic?

Edited by Watwheels

Actually it's rather odd cos if you were to see carefully in the very first pic. The bumper of the Corolla is dented inwards in such a way, it's like it collided to one of the Accent's corner. But dan the Accent's rear bumper dun have a scratch.

On the 2nd pic also just as odd cos looking at where Accent is veered off it's the Accent's front passenger side that is damaged and not the driver's side

If the Corolla were to collide to the Accent's C-pillar, how to create such a dent? The damages and direction of the impact dun match at all. Could there be another car that has been moved away b4 the Stomper took the pic?

I based it on the most possible answers since it is only 2 cars here. There could be a third, I dun noe? Also assuming, the Corolla did not hit anything else.

I based it on the most possible answers since it is only 2 cars here. There could be a third, I dun noe? Also assuming, the Corolla did not hit anything else.

I dunno. The whole accident looks rather weird.

pics looks ok to me leh.. corolla head on crash into accent passenger side.. the accent A pillar looks relatively unbent while door and fender bent in.. which accounted for the slightly more indented centre of the corolla front..

question is dunno who cheong red light..

pics looks ok to me leh.. corolla head on crash into accent passenger side.. the accent A pillar looks relatively unbent while door and fender bent in.. which accounted for the slightly more indented centre of the corolla front..

question is dunno who cheong red light..

If that's the case the Accent should land opposite of what is shown in the 2nd pic.

If that's the case the Accent should land opposite of what is shown in the 2nd pic.

Ha ha [laugh] was writing that in reply to ur post being weird. Server hang and did not psot, reply this instead.

Accent hit on passenger but Corolla front dent in? Both cars direction are correct.

Edited by Twofouronenite

Penty of high ranking police drives normal cars like u and me. They have a portable blue revolving blue light that can just lup onto the roof-top.....wala......they can perform police duties liao. Incidently most of these cars are white in colour.

Wify got once play host with some foreign policeman & ICA personnel, together with some of our local policemen & ICA man. Happen to chance upon a hit & run, so end up 3 cars gave chance. 2 with blue lights on, 3rd one is our car driven by wify(without blue light of course)....haha. Ma-Chaim like the movies. Arrested that idiot on the spot.

So speed demons out there......just be a little bit carefull when there are white private plate cars around. They might be the police. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Hiphiphoray

(edited)

my guess is the accent was coming from right when hit by corolla.. spun and rolled to the sidewalk.. to be hit on front passenger door like the accent will spin off one mah.. cannot be continue in same direction..

Edited by Tkseah

my guess is the accent was coming from right when hit by corolla.. spun and rolled to the sidewalk..

Notice there's no tyre mark on the road or is it picture not clear? If Corolla spun would have to be 360degree and back to correct direction, seem too dramatic leh?

corolla no spin lah.. shd be the accent spin 150 degrees and rolled to sidewalk.. but dunno why no tyre marks.. [confused]

my guess is the accent was coming from right when hit by corolla.. spun and rolled to the sidewalk.. to be hit on front passenger door like the accent will spin off one mah.. cannot be continue in same direction..

To me the direction of the impact dun match at all. If you put the front bumper(Corolla) to the dent, passenger side(Accent), I dun see a match.

Edited by Watwheels

The G9 quite badly damaged and I guess its part of the GOA bah.

I was involved in a chain collision few yrs back with my current G9. A 3 series Beemer bang my rear and the impact is very strong.

Guess what ? My mum is the rear passenger. My heart sank and the next thing I know I heard my mum cursing and swearing non stop.

As my medical training in NS taught me, a verbal casualty means okie.

I stepped out to check the damage..boot dented like sardine can but the windscreen is still intact so are the sides of the car.

↡ Advertisement