China: Beijing Holiday

Lufu

Supersonic

o&g high flyer so stressed ah?

wake up to post at unearthly hours looking for job

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Sifu.

I dont think my ah gong will allow. Didn't try. Read the insurance policy too.... Doesn't seem to allow as well.

Suck it up lor. Your ah gong allow? Am still waiting till neck long long for you to hire me as assistant storeman. Storeman PA also can.

Business trip just stay hotel lah.

Hotel in China also not that ex.

Unless you must stay at branded hotel.

If not S$200 is quite decent.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Business trip just stay hotel lah.

Hotel in China also not that ex.

Unless you must stay at branded hotel.

If not S$200 is quite decent.

Did you reply to the wrong person?

Just came back from Beijing. I am surprised that the street is so clean....

(minus the phlegm they spit out). I have to mind my steps to prevent from stepping on them....yucks!

Security is tight. Baggage scanning at all subway stations and at some attractions. Overall quite safe I think.

I don't think I'll vist China again so soon as I dislike their spitting culture.

• Praise 5

(minus the phlegm they spit out). I have to mind my steps to prevent from stepping on them....yucks!

Security is tight. Baggage scanning at all subway stations and at some attractions. Overall quite safe I think.

I don't think I'll vist China again so soon as I dislike their spitting culture. ð

Street clean but alot phlegm? Lol
  • Praise 1

I don't think I'll vist China again so soon as I dislike their spitting culture.

Edited by Renegade777
  • Praise 1

Must be the tourist areas.

AFIAK, the Beijing natives and those from Tianjin working there don't really spit.

• Praise 2

AFIAK, the Beijing natives and those from Tianjin working there don't really spit.

Maybe you are right. But 9 years ago when I went Hangzhou, people there were spitting a lot. My luggage bag have to swerve left and right, terrible. Beggers were rampant too. However,  2 years ago I went there again and there was no beggers and not much spitting, only occasionally finds some still do it. Hahaha....maybe I am one the them too.

Maybe you are right. But 9 years ago when I went Hangzhou, people there were spitting a lot. My luggage bag have to swerve left and right, terrible. Beggers were rampant too. However, 2 years ago I went there again and there was no beggers and not much spitting, only occasionally finds some still do it. Hahaha....maybe I am one the them too.

Was in Hangzhou in 2017 Dec. I like the city a lot.

Very very clean impress me, don't see spitting problem.

Most of those chinese behave badly are from rural area people.

• Praise 1

Two years ago I went Beijing too for a working trip. Very clean and spitting not so much and isn't that bad. Just like Singapore. Which "rural" part of Beijing you went that spits a lot ? Awful and your luggage bags must be waving left and right like a sports car.

I was at Beijing City. Xidan and Tiananmen area.
  • Praise 4

I went to beijing also, the street are clean and i dont see people spitting. But problem is about the haze

Was in Hangzhou in 2017 Dec. I like the city a lot.

Very very clean impress me, don't see spitting problem.

Most of those chinese behave badly are from rural area people.

Xiamen also very clean
  • Praise 1

I was at Beijing City. Xidan and Tiananmen area.

I stayed in DongCheng for 2 yrs.

Rarely I need to siam it.

That’s the standard of cleanliness in Beijing in general.

That’s including rural Beijing.

• Praise 1

I went to beijing also, the street are clean and i dont see people spitting. But problem is about the haze

Xiamen also very clean

AQI btw 100 and 150 is normal due to dry air. This is especially during winter.

You will get < 50 if got strong wind.

• Praise 1

Spitting is still got lor ... usually is near trees or corner. Seen it in Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou, .. recently. Even in Hong Kong, where the tourists crowd. But otherwise, quite clean. å管 is everywhere. I go out running in early morning can see the cleaners were all out in force, like in SG.

I ever see someone in a high end mall in beijing, spit on the floor, but he looks like from rural area.

Don't look down on rural area. There are many rural people who shop in Hermes and LV, anytime they could buy an entire floor condo with full cash. [laugh] [laugh] I seen with my own eyes.

yes they are cash rich. some even hide their cash in their padi field lol [laugh]

actually these people tend to spend more and business owners love them very much [bounce2]

• Praise 1

I am amazed that a country of this size can embrace change so fast ,albeit with some incentives from incumbent fintechs to make cashless payment an everyday thing.

It certainly made things a lot easier for business and people.

The fact that Singaporeans are refusing to move towards a cashless society is a sign of the times that the mindset and level of innovation are way behind the PRCs.

Heck, they cant even moved on to returning trays to make for a gracious society.

If you have been to Dalian, the place is also super clean.

• Praise 3

Don't look down on rural area. There are many rural people who shop in Hermes and LV, anytime they could buy an entire floor condo with full cash. [laugh] [laugh] I seen with my own eyes.

Rich but not civilised is like trash.

Just see how they behave oversea.

prc got 1.3 billion population leh

of course many who spit and talk loudly and very bad manners (i fully agree and encounter many)

i have known some prc from work and also “insane” rich prc living in prc

they have superb quality even sinkie elites no fight

having said that, in overall spore obviously better than prc

but have to see things in perspective

do you think our 4G leader can manage a nation with 1.3 billion population

spore got spore challenge

prc got prc challenge

even amdk govt can anyhow shutdown like play monopoly

Rich but not civilised is like trash.

Just see how they behave oversea.

one nation is very hungry ...

one nation jiak ba ba ... always want to remain status quo

what do you think?

btw, even ah gong acknowledge that

spore is a cleaned city, not 100% clean city

if we remove all the bangla that clean the city ... will we be 100% clean?

I am amazed that a country of this size can embrace change so fast ,albeit with some incentives from incumbent fintechs to make cashless payment an everyday thing.

It certainly made things a lot easier for business and people.

The fact that Singaporeans are refusing to move towards a cashless society is a sign of the times that the mindset and level of innovation are way behind the PRCs.

Heck, they cant even moved on to returning trays to make for a gracious society.

If you have been to Dalian, the place is also super clean.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1