Do you belive MT has faster sprint than AT?

Quantum

same brand/model car  

95 members have voted

1. 1. talk about same brand/model car

• Of course
    • No really
    • Depends on Skill

Ha ha bro.... salute u for your courage...

Let me put it in this way,

For example i am a true lover for MT (only performance cars).

With technologies now... alot of car manufacturers have cease production of MT in their models.

For example,

1) Some of my dream cars but cannot afford, GTR and Maserati.

2) Some of the car that i also like and can afford, BMW 325, 335, lexus IS250, SLK, Z4 etc

All don't come with MT option.

So if one day (sooner or later when i get older) i decided to go for either one of the above, HOW?

Answer is LL lor. My friend a MT siao who used to to drive an EK4 MT, EVO 8MT and now GTR... also LL... He say he miss the involvement and fun of driving a MT.

But no doubt i will still miss the MT fun and control.

yes MT is fun.

but sometimes we have to change ourself to suit the environment.

look at the bright side that those clutchless system indeed shift faster than MT.

maybe one day,clutchless system will be as fun to drive as MT in future?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

It is not about power loss.... It is the involvement and fun factor...

AT WRX got more power than MT WRX.... so after power loss.... still got alot of power... but why are there more MT wrxs than AT??? and the ratio is easily 9:1.

I must admit during normal driving, AT is good...cos can relax and is more comfortable.

But when it come to tracking or pushing the car to the limits... fast speed thru bends.... MT is still the BEST in the biz.

Neutral Newbie

yes MT is fun.

but sometimes we have to change ourself to suit the environment.

look at the bright side that those clutchless system indeed shift faster than MT.

maybe one day,clutchless system will be as fun to drive as MT in future?

Sad to say bro... it is not possible.... simply becos DSG can never have the feeling of half clutch... true engine brake and the feeling of co-ordinating the gear shift with cluch.

No doubt we will be moving forward but we will definately miss the FUN.

I used to play baseball in kampong... under the sun...sweating...running... getting dirty and smelly.

A nintendo Wii can do the same thing too.... but i never get the same feeling like last time.

no doubt MT has more feel. one has to understand in racing, they only have one objective, do it the fastest way. so if they can shift faster, to hell with MT shifting then. There was even a period of time F1 is totally autoshift till it got ban. Now F1 is trying to balance technology and driver skill. If there's too much driver aids, it loses that driver element although i don't think it makes any difference for the 20 fastest drivers on the planet.

i think some technology can be good. it's really a personal choice but i think in jam pack SG, having clutchless manual is a godsend. and it gives the driver manual shifts too. so it's not a bad deal. it doesn't mean drivers like that can't control clutch. They just embrace technology when it helps them.

for me, if theres manual, i'd prefer it. but if the cars don't come in manual here, then no choice but to get the AT ones. i won't drop a car just because of the type of shift. and don't forget, most wives can't/wont' drive manual so this is a problem for those who have only 1 car.

Neutral Newbie

Selespeed, DSG, DCT, PDK... the list goes on. I think it really depends. With that said, a GTR is AT but it can do the century sprint @ 4 seconds; and the V-spec shaves off 0.5 seconds. Now, how about the RS6? The fastest sedan by far with 4 seconds to boast. With so many manufacturers coming up with more dual clutch systems, my take in this MT/AT issue depends in the AT technology used.

These dual clutch gearboxes are actually 2 manual gearboxes.

Depending on how the manufacturer wants it to perform, it can be faster or slower.

Unless you can tell me that you can shift faster then a ECU.....

the traditional auto gearboxes are designed more for comfort and ease of use, thus they change the gears when fc is optimum.

↡ Advertisement