Malaysia : Sutera Mall - The next one to go at Johor Bahru

Kelpie

Turbocharged

I like the roasted duck served at Meng Meng. The quarter duck cost only RM14 and I would insist on ordering the lower portion that comes together with the drumstick. The skin is crispy and the meat is tasty. Together with a plate of kailan vegetable, crispy tofu as well as the quarter duck and 2 drinks, the whole meal added up to RM32.40 (that's about S$14).

Let me post some photos to share.

post-17532-1271579114_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1271579126_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1271579147_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1271579186_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1271579210_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Here's the menu of the food available at Meng Meng. Had been to Sutera Mall 2 times and I have visited the shophouse restaurant twice.

post-17532-1271579427_thumb.jpg

post-17532-1271579443_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

Besides cheap and good food, I am also in quest for a good massage, foot massage to be exact. Getting old, hence legs get tired rather easily. *sigh*

Saw this big huge foot reflexology shop (Pusat Refleksolofi (Imperial)) near the main road and decided to check it out.

The operating hours is from 11am to 2am (past midnight). Why this late at 2am?

The listed price for 1 hour foot massage is RM40. I thought it was cheap and decided to give it a try (later to find out that there were additional costs, not mentioned upfront).

The staff placed my legs into a pail of water filled to the kneel cap and then insisted we had to pay "extra" for a packet of powder. The cheapest "powder" in the range cost another RM10. While massaging, the staff would strike unneccessary conversation and I had to shut my eyes to pretend to be asleep before he would let me off. While messaging, his head was turned 120 degree to his back to watch the TV. Very unprofessional.

Given the hard-selling tactic as well as the poor attitude, I would give this shop a miss.

I would not recommend this foot reflex shop.

post-17532-1271581232_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz

Turbocharged

BTW, the Carrerfour at Sutera Mall doesn't allow customers to carry their haversack into its premises.

I was stopped by the security guard at Carrerfour (at the first storey). She handed me a plastic bag to "contain" my haversack. Ended up I had to hug my haversack around.

No joke, I was stopped 2 times, on 2 different occasions by the same aunty on the Saturday duty.

Please see photo taken at Carrerfour.

post-17532-1271582840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Albeniz

just saw the website. keppeland and capitaland. impressive.

not only that my friends. Lee Rubber. Google it ;)

Besides cheap and good food, I am also in quest for a good massage, foot massage to be exact. Getting old, hence legs get tired rather easily. *sigh*

Saw this big huge foot reflexology shop (Pusat Refleksolofi (Imperial)) near the main road and decided to check it out.

The operating hours is from 11am to 2am (past midnight). Why this late at 2am?

The listed price for 1 hour foot massage is RM40. I thought it was cheap and decided to give it a try (later to find out that there were additional costs, not mentioned upfront).

The staff placed my legs into a pail of water filled to the kneel cap and then insisted we had to pay "extra" for a packet of powder. The cheapest "powder" in the range cost another RM10. While massaging, the staff would strike unneccessary conversation and I had to shut my eyes to pretend to be asleep before he would let me off. While messaging, his head was turned 120 degree to his back to watch the TV. Very unprofessional.

Given the hard-selling tactic as well as the poor attitude, I would give this shop a miss.

I would not recommend this foot reflex shop.

Thanks for the FR. Thai Ody is still my favourite though it will be RM98 for 2 hours. I have tried them in several parts of Malaysia and the standard is consistent. I only frequent Thai Massage, the rest are just too soft for me.

My very concern of stepping into lesser known massage shop is the fear of being asked whether need "special" service or not. <_<

Regards,

BTW, the Carrerfour at Sutera Mall doesn't allow customers to carry their haversack into its premises.

I was stopped by the security guard at Carrerfour (at the first storey). She handed me a plastic bag to "contain" my haversack. Ended up I had to hug my haversack around.

No joke, I was stopped 2 times, on 2 different occasions by the same aunty on the Saturday duty.

Please see photo taken at Carrerfour.

At least, you get to carry-in your haversack in plastic bag. They are suppose to ask you to deposit your bag at the information counter prior entry. They probably run out of storage lot then.

Regards,

Can anyone assist to provide me the driving directions to Sutera mall please? I am not very familiar with the roads and am not equipped with a GPS.

Appreciate your assistances.

if u taking 2nd link...after the My immigration and toll...just go along the high way....exit Johor Bahru and after that, look out for bukit indah exit. I can't recall the codes for the exits.

then u will reach bukit indah jusco....ard there got one tesco also (opp one Giant)

With Tesco on your left hand side...go all the way straight n u will passby a BESTMART and further down...u will reach Sutera Mall carefour

if it is v confusing...maybe u wait for better directions from other bosses here

Can anyone assist to provide me the driving directions to Sutera mall please? I am not very familiar with the roads and am not equipped with a GPS.

Appreciate your assistances.

are u going via woodlands or tuas?

If its causeway, very straightforward. after u exit CIQ, follow the Skudai sign and go straight all the way, until u reach a T junction at the coastline. Here, u turn right and go all the way straight again, following the Skudai sign (try to stay in the middle lane or u may be forced to filter out, the roads there are a bit different). After a 15-20mins drive, u should see a giant Taman Sutera concrete sign on your left. Make a left turn here. Once u turn in, drive for a couple of mins more and u will see Sutera Mall on your right, definitely won't miss it. Main thing is to keep a lookout for the Taman Sutera concrete sign la...its hard to miss.

Hope this helps.

I would prefer to go via woodlands since it is nearer to my place. but seems like the way from tuas is more straight forward.

Thanks bros for the directions..

Hi,

i usually go in early for breakfast. Do you know if any of these opens early (8-9am) for the breakfast crowd?

Got few Kopi tiam style shop open as early as 7.30 to 8 am , normally have a quick b/f there and reach SG 9.30am for work [:)]

Got few Kopi tiam style shop open as early as 7.30 to 8 am , normally have a quick b/f there and reach SG 9.30am for work [:)]

Traffic is usually heavy during the morining rush. You mean if you leave your place (near kopi tiam?) in JB at 07:30 8:00, you can reach SG by 9:30?

Regards,

Lots of nice bistro & restarants nearby as well.. :)

Any recommendations for Chinese and Japanese food, there are probably more than 15 restaurants in the mall and its vicinity, ie. Bamboo, Goh Zha Lang, Pekin, Ajisen....