Malaysia : Sutera Mall - The next one to go at Johor Bahru

Kelpie

Anyone has tried the Japanese buffet lunch/dinner at Ayukawa near Sutera Mall? Is it worth the money? I tried out Nijiyumaru at Permas recently and it was surprising good. They also have a branch at Sutera area.

↡ Advertisement

Anyone has tried the Japanese buffet lunch/dinner at Ayukawa near Sutera Mall? Is it worth the money? I tried out Nijiyumaru at Permas recently and it was surprising good. They also have a branch at Sutera area.

Yes, the Nijiyumaru branch at Sutera are also serve good jap food like their other branch. The Yun Tun mian(not the Potian mian) at Sutera area also taste very nice.

Yes, the Nijiyumaru branch at Sutera are also serve good jap food like their other branch. The Yun Tun mian(not the Potian mian) at Sutera area also taste very nice.

Glad to know the food are of similiar standard. Very good Japanese food, can't beat the premium stuff you can find in Singapore but very good value considering the price. Any other good restaurants to recommend? I have tried Pekin and Goh Zha Lang, Pekin is excellent but they are not consistent at times, avoid peak hours, while Goh Zha Lang's hot porridge is great for supper.

Glad to know the food are of similiar standard. Very good Japanese food, can't beat the premium stuff you can find in Singapore but very good value considering the price. Any other good restaurants to recommend? I have tried Pekin and Goh Zha Lang, Pekin is excellent but they are not consistent at times, avoid peak hours, while Goh Zha Lang's hot porridge is great for supper.

At "Huang Hou" area have a few nice duck rice that you can eat. One of it is under a big tree, coffee shop stylus. You can follow a small sign board outside the main road of sutera mall.

At "Huang Hou" area have a few nice duck rice that you can eat. One of it is under a big tree, coffee shop stylus. You can follow a small sign board outside the main road of sutera mall.

Thanks. Will try them out.

you should try the bitter gourd soup restaurant...next to the car wash shop...

you should try the bitter gourd soup restaurant...next to the car wash shop...

Besides your favourite papaya milkshake (deduced from your avatar :D ) and bitter gourd soup, any good dishes to recommend? Restaurants appear quite popular.

Sutera mall area feels safer than Taman Sentosa, is that generally true?

Besides your favourite papaya milkshake (deduced from your avatar :D ) and bitter gourd soup, any good dishes to recommend? Restaurants appear quite popular.

Sutera mall area feels safer than Taman Sentosa, is that generally true?

i stayed there for few weeks...its safe...much more safer

the entire area, including those shop houses, got security patrol on motobikes...even during midnite.....but then, jb will always be jb, still cannot say 100% safe

can try the fish noodle shop...near the tyre shop..along there also got porridge steamboat

then many nice coffee shops, with free wifi

Edited by Rncw

My regular workshop is near that area, so whenever I'm there, will stay at J-Hotel which is like a 2min walk from Sutera Mall. Quite like the area 'cos most of the shops/eateries are clean, new, and nicely appointed though a little more expensive than their bandaraya counterparts.

Food wise, I especially like the PapaRich restaurant there. Ok, maybe their main food items are only slightly above average, but their steamed kaya buns are beyond anything I've ever had the pleasure to try! Super soft, chewy & tasty on the outside, with a toasted crispy crunch interior where the kaya and butter are spread...a true culinary marvel! [rolleyes] And as they are the creators of the BreadPapa Coffee Buns (they have these there too), the rest of their bready creations are pretty damn excellent as well [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

any one noe any grooming shop near suteramall or aeon???.......

1st time when to suteramall last week.... when around the area but cannot find any grooming shop....

any one noe any grooming shop near suteramall or aeon???.......

1st time when to suteramall last week.... when around the area but cannot find any grooming shop....

Have! And they use premium quality Meguire's products as well. Sutera Mall shop houses next door, look for J-Hotel (89, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, Taman Sutera Utama), the grooming shop is directly across the road from the hotel, and 1min walking distance from Sutera Mall.

Neutral Newbie

Have! And they use premium quality Meguire's products as well. Sutera Mall shop houses next door, look for J-Hotel (89, Jalan Sutera Tanjung 8/3, Taman Sutera Utama), the grooming shop is directly across the road from the hotel, and 1min walking distance from Sutera Mall.

1min walk from sutera mall??? [dizzy] damn kuku to miss it last sat.. drove round and round till sianz...

thanks bro... will recce this sat..... [thumbsup]

1min walk from sutera mall??? [dizzy] damn kuku to miss it last sat.. drove round and round till sianz...

thanks bro... will recce this sat..... [thumbsup]

Haha! Think you drive too fast already! Either that or bio-ing the meimei cannot focus right?? [sly] Yep, you can basically see Sutera Mall, large as life, from the grooming shop.

When you turn right at the lights into the mall carpark, before you reach the mall itself, there is a lane on the left (I believe it is the first left). Turn left into that road and go straight down into the shophouses area. The grooming shop will be on your left, at the 3rd or 4th shophouse.

Just got back fr sutera mall.

Lots of content to see compare to Bukit indah jusco (esp DVDs hehe)

The carrefour there dun sell diapers huh...surprise for this size of super mart

next to the bitter gourd soup restaurant at the shophouses...diagonally opp jhotel got one shop...go grooming....if pet grooming, i think only got one shop in sutera mall selling pet's stuff

Neutral Newbie

Just got back fr sutera mall.

Lots of content to see compare to Bukit indah jusco (esp DVDs hehe)

The carrefour there dun sell diapers huh...surprise for this size of super mart

diapers maybe u head to tesco.... cheaper than carrefour....