Mob manning

Jeronleow

Who drove to yesterday's mob manning? If u do I can feel u. Let me share how terrible it was.

At 5pm receive notification so I faster called up the hotline and realised have to report at Lim Chu Kang camp. Drove to Lim Chu Kang camp and before entering the gate kena scolded by a Singh Major for driving to mob manning. No choice drove into camp kena 2nd scolding by a 2WO and say y I drive there when I was told not to. In fact no one was told not to drive. Then I parked my car at the empty space and another WO came and told me that I cannot park my car in the camp so I park at the small road at Old Lim Chu Kang Rd where there's alot of cars already.

Went thru the sign in procedures and then realised that we are going to be transported to Maju Camp. Why cant they just tell us to go Maju Camp straight?? Boarded the bus and saw my little car leaving me further and further and I felt uneasy so I called a fren to pick my car up and drive it home for me.

Reached Maju Camp draw arms and stuff by then its already 10pm. Sit on floor and do nothing and was fed soya sauce bee hoon with bean sprouts for 2 meals. Then at 1am finally fall in took about half an hr only everything was finish. But we were made to wait till 7am before we were released!!!

Worst thing is upon dismissal about 1500 men were made to squeeze out of a door so small oni 1 man can pass thru at a time. While in the jam I overheard someone saying all the cars at Lim Chu Kang kena summon. For those bros who park there is it true? If so I am so sorry...

Edited by Jeronleow
↡ Advertisement

why dont u fark all those reg back.

if not suppose to drive why no official notification ?

i been to LCK camp before for function, if dont drive there ? how to go in ? my budy from 42 during his active time tells me the bus timing there abit gone case type.

i think since being as NS Men they shld stop treating the soliders like recruits.

hi there,

i feel for u man

if really like this,

summon, its a " national duty"

why still kenna summon!

if u wanna see some justice done,

write in to mindef feedback unit and say its not the issue with going back for mob, but how the people handled it.

i mean, you guys are all GROWN ADULTS! still treat like recruit.. wah lau..

ever since they " centralised " the system, its gone to sh1t man.

anyway, hope the pple didnt get summon for it.

I think it's the usual miscomm.

My NS unit never give so much problem during mob manning. I assume u went back to Gedong? There's a MSCP there. Shd be able to handle. Or else, they can be creative and use the parade sq to accommodate the cars for a day or 2?

You can call hotline and kpkb...if someone really did not do their job.

why dont u fark all those reg back.

if not suppose to drive why no official notification ?

i been to LCK camp before for function, if dont drive there ? how to go in ? my budy from 42 during his active time tells me the bus timing there abit gone case type.

i think since being as NS Men they shld stop treating the soliders like recruits.

Maybe it's a conspiracy to make NSMen take taxis so as to spur the economy .... [sly]

Edited by Scoots

I remembered when I reported to Clementi Camp for silent MOB, we were not allowed to park in camp as well.

Is is applicable for all MOB manning?

I remembered when I reported to Clementi Camp for silent MOB, we were not allowed to park in camp as well.

Is is applicable for all MOB manning?

No it is not. I was called back for a briefing few months before mob manning. During the briefing, S2 and S3 gave a powerpoint presentation complete with maps and photos of where to park within and outside camp.

I feel for you lah. I agree that if no car allowed into camp....they should have made it clear in advance. That place is so ulu...reasonable to drive there.

I have not problem driving to MOB manning....can always drive in.

nay, shouldnt be Gedong. there are 2 MSCP & 4 parade sqauare tat can double up as tentative parking area.... moreover Gedong got nuthin to go with Maju...except RT personnel :P

small road.... i think its the camps along the "runway"

Edited by Familymanz

If the RSM very "kui lan" and you havent surrendered your IC yet, "fxxk" upside down, then go report sick outside, become civilian again.

Edited by Ronnchee

I really want to serve and defend my country, but given the scenario above, I rather be sick and civilised.

Mindef is the largest land owner in SG, perhaps can be more accommodating, but I understand parade sq can be double up as heli-evac pad, or to lay out the injured as well as the dead during crisis.

nay, shouldnt be Gedong. there are 2 MSCP & 4 parade sqauare tat can double up as tentative parking area.... moreover Gedong got nuthin to go with Maju...except RT personnel :P

small road.... i think its the camps along the "runway"

I guess so. But those camp got no space meh?

But damn LPPL, drive to LCK then transported to Maju...Maju got big parking area in the pde sq.

Except for my first reservist ex, the rest went pretty smoothly.

It's down to your Commanders. If communication screw up from there you all will suffer.

Maybe you would like to call up your unit to find out and feedback how screw up the manning was done.

Who drove to yesterday's mob manning? If u do I can feel u. Let me share how terrible it was.

At 5pm receive notification so I faster called up the hotline and realised have to report at Lim Chu Kang camp. Drove to Lim Chu Kang camp and before entering the gate kena scolded by a Singh Major for driving to mob manning. No choice drove into camp kena 2nd scolding by a 2WO and say y I drive there when I was told not to. In fact no one was told not to drive. Then I parked my car at the empty space and another WO came and told me that I cannot park my car in the camp so I park at the small road at Old Lim Chu Kang Rd where there's alot of cars already.

Went thru the sign in procedures and then realised that we are going to be transported to Maju Camp. Why cant they just tell us to go Maju Camp straight?? Boarded the bus and saw my little car leaving me further and further and I felt uneasy so I called a fren to pick my car up and drive it home for me.

Reached Maju Camp draw arms and stuff by then its already 10pm. Sit on floor and do nothing and was fed soya sauce bee hoon with bean sprouts for 2 meals. Then at 1am finally fall in took about half an hr only everything was finish. But we were made to wait till 7am before we were released!!!

Worst thing is upon dismissal about 1500 men were made to squeeze out of a door so small oni 1 man can pass thru at a time. While in the jam I overheard someone saying all the cars at Lim Chu Kang kena summon. For those bros who park there is it true? If so I am so sorry...

Such a coincidence. I was at LCK/Maju camp on Sat night too.

But we were all told there would be equipping, so those I knew never drove there.....For me, I took a train to Yew Tee and then the shuttle bus to LCK....

At least u still got soya sauce beehoon, when I reached LCK and Maju camp, all beehoon, gardenia buns and hot beverages were fully consumed....Ppl were really hungry.....Damn.....

I agreed with you concerning the outpro at 7.30am......Our unit walked down the steep ramp to the place where we alighted from the shuttle bus (the night before) and found the gate was locked.....In the end, got to walk back up the ramp and exit via the main gate......Nobody told us where to exit.....And like what u said, ppl were made to squeeze thru that little gate......But I guess it was crowd control......Imagine if they were to really open the main gate, there would be another big queue waiting for taxis and the shuttle buses.....

Having said that, this mobilisation was damn big affair...... [lipsrsealed]