Porsche Cayenne Maybank Posh treats

Mactrek

Neutral Newbie

Booked the rental Porsche Cayenne from Eurokars for 2 days, 4th July (Sat) and 5th July(Sunday). I might not be able to drive it and can't change the dates. Is it a bad idea to let someone else drive the car? (thought of selling the 2 days rental). The driver will sign the agreement with Eurokars, but Maybank said that I might be liable too if anything happen to the car. Anyone tried this before?

↡ Advertisement

dude, dont get yourself into more s--t.

that is how this bloody credit crunch started

If you had paid for the rental, just cut your losses there and then but going back and cancelling albeit with penalty.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, got it free after spending a lot on my credit card last year. Wanted the boxster but for the same amount spent, only can rent for 1 day only. So got the 2 day Cayenne rental instead.

Seriously you should have gotten the boxter as what a true porsche should have being!

My father selected the Cayene last year too. He wanted to compare with his RX300, and my comparision point is with respect to RX300.

I had a HORRIBLE experience with it. Porsche offered the lowest end old Cayene, with fat 17" rubbers and not much gadgets.

The car was FAT and heavy and cumbersome to drive. Tall entry point, climbing up the seat is what I have to do to sit on the seat!

I did not feel anything special about porsche when I drive it around town and expressway for a day. The power is not there, the comfort is nothing to shout about.

It was slower than a Lexus rx300 in terms of traffic light acceleration. (I did a test with my brother driving my fathers' Rx300)

It was flopping around in cornering, due to the soft suspension and the fat/soft tyre. The huge steering wheel was uncomfortable.

In fact it gave me a sickening headache that lasted three days afterward.

I only hope they have a new car and are now offering a newer and better equipped and more powerful Cayene for you. Else I think this promotion is really doing a dis-service to introduce someone into the Porsche world.

But things changed after I complain to my friend about my lousy porsche experience.

My girlfriend decided let me try her BF caymen for a day, it was heaven.....the sharpness and response..the sound.....the power....wah Caymen vs Cayene is like SSS vs QQ......a total different experience.

That was when I kept telling myself, I must get a caymen when I have the earning means.....Caymen is truely a Real Car!

My father got Rx300...sold off the M3....thinking of getting a second family car like Mz5..................but I own a SSS....hoping to drive a convertible like Caymen....but no money so maybe settle for a OPC Mx-5 first...............then my brother yesterday went to sign up for a BMW 320Ci....after trading in his old silva.

Understand or not?

eh knn...mz3 or rx300 or m3??? makeup up your mind when u tell story...

plse lah, Boxster / Cayman no doubt more fun to drive but how can you compare SUV with coupe like that.

you must expect a big car to have a lumpier drive experience.

wait till you have the earning power ok?

My father got Rx300...sold off the M3....thinking of getting a second family car like Mz5..................but I own a SSS....hoping to drive a convertible like Caymen....but no money so maybe settle for a OPC Mx-5 first...............then my brother yesterday went to sign up for a BMW 320Ci....after trading in his old silva.

Understand or not?

you think so flee to follow your prostitution w cars ah....

plse lah, Boxster / Cayman no doubt more fun to drive but how can you compare SUV with coupe like that.

this xiao mei mei most prolly badger bf to get one....

Understand or not?

got convertible cayman meh, woah I must be behind times......

oh sorry , yours is Caymen not Cayman, must be Prosche brand not Porsche

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

yah man...din noe convertible cayman got...at most boxster oni....wah hardtop prosche....china one ah [thumbsup]

Thats what I am trying to say..Porsche should be about power and sharpness in driving.

Its totally not found in the lousy low-end Cayene that they are renting out for Maybank offers!

Its not on par to the Rx300. It give people(me at least) the WRONG impression about Porsche experience!

Of course higher-end Caynene will have all the active suspension and engine size to give it a true Porsche experience.

I only hope they can offer it this year!

↡ Advertisement