Any recommendation for ear digging?

Vroomtattat

ARHHH!! Maybe I go try the ear syringe wash at the clinic, sounds kind of fun. Once an insect crawled into my wife''s ear, she scream like mad. I took the vacuum cleaner and suck it out.

I'll go see my doctor about the ear washing this weekend. [thumbsup]

Wah lao???!! Vacuum cleaner? Just use a light to shine at the entry of the ear or use water to flush out will do.

Once saw a show, one guys got so obsess with the bug in the ear, he did crzay thing, end up deaf!!

↡ Advertisement

i keep my fngernail on little finger longer den the rest.. dig as and when i like..

ear very clean haha..

like that no excuse to go hair saloon look for [gorgeous] liao... not juztify at all [laugh]

So many people here talk so much experiences, yet no location was hinted.

Now give some doctors name or clinic please....I am also interested to clean out my ear.

Nowadays....when I listen to the sound system at home.....I can't seems to hear the fine details as what my brother claimed he is able to hear from the recordings!

If u can't hear certain frequency range that's due to other reasons, not wax in your ear.

Hi brudders,

Recently, I have been a bit hard of hearing and this could be due to ears being clogged up with too much wax and dirt.

Any recommendations for ear digging services other then those at barber shops?

Thank you in advance.

Huh?? Li kong si mi? [sweatdrop]

Brother, go buy these, Indian Ear Candle. I used them and they are very good,

you light one end, and let it burn to a certain point, when you remove and open up the candle,

you will see all your ear wax inside. Go check out ebay Singapore.

d6fb_2.JPG

I see them being sold in some places, Mustaffa as well.

Very good. [thumbsup]

Brother, go buy these, Indian Ear Candle. I used them and they are very good,

you light one end, and let it burn to a certain point, when you remove and open up the candle,

you will see all your ear wax inside. Go check out ebay Singapore.

I see them being sold in some places, Mustaffa as well.

Very good. [thumbsup]

any idea what is the science behind this Candle thing? How can was travel up the ear and end up in the tube? i saw it done at some exhibition when it was first intro to Singapore many years back. Amazed.

Anyway, for those with water in ears after swim or shower. When i get that, i will roll up a small piece of tissue, width about 1cm long and slowly put into the ear. It will imeey soak up the water. Since it's tissue, it's soft enough to put in the ear. Quite a shiok feeling too. Been doing that since a kid, and my hearing is till fine.

any idea what is the science behind this Candle thing? How can was travel up the ear and end up in the tube? i saw it done at some exhibition when it was first intro to Singapore many years back. Amazed.

Anyway, for those with water in ears after swim or shower. When i get that, i will roll up a small piece of tissue, width about 1cm long and slowly put into the ear. It will imeey soak up the water. Since it's tissue, it's soft enough to put in the ear. Quite a shiok feeling too. Been doing that since a kid, and my hearing is till fine.

I think it's a vacuum kind of thingy. The candle should be hollow in the middle and when it burns, it suck up the ear wax.

What if the candle wax drip into your ear, you will get more wax and earhole will get sealed up? [sweatdrop]

u mean e doc will pour water right into ur ear wif ur head tilted to 1 side??? [hur] machiam like we flush our radiator w/o tilting e car of course [laugh]

yah, then the water came out from the other side [laugh][smash][smash]

So many people here talk so much experiences, yet no location was hinted.

Now give some doctors name or clinic please....I am also interested to clean out my ear.

Nowadays....when I listen to the sound system at home.....I can't seems to hear the fine details as what my brother claimed he is able to hear from the recordings!

Sometime when age grows, bound to lose some frequencies upon hearing. It is not due to ur wax at times. Proven and yes. Working as audio producer and I think my hearing deteriorate more then anyone faster. [laugh]

I think it's a vacuum kind of thingy. The candle should be hollow in the middle and when it burns, it suck up the ear wax.

What if the candle wax drip into your ear, you will get more wax and earhole will get sealed up? [sweatdrop]

u hold up straight... wax wun drop to ur ear so fast as it will turn hard due to it went cold ma [sweatdrop]

Like some bros mentioned, go for Ear Syringing.

Its a very painless procedure.

Doc will give Ear Drops to soften the wax. But

take note that when you apply the drops, earing

ability drops. Thats because the wax and liquid is

chucking together. So every night you have to apply

the wax untill your hearing is almost impaired since more

accumulation occurs untill the whole ear passage is blocked.

The whole adminstration process is about 5 days from 1st application.

Then on the 2nd appointment, the doc will use a syringe

to pull in water and then aimed the nozzle at the affected ear.

After which he will request you to hold or he will hold a small

container below the affected ear when he squeeze the nozzle.

No matter how much of squeezing will not puncture the drums,

so dont worry. After that its Crystal clear hearing like some mentioned.

But I do have this hair standing feeling and my nerve ticking when he inject water in.

Its not pain, just that the water pressure and temp is too much

of my liking.

Last of all, I suppose most GPs will do this procedure.

So no need to rush here and there.

And also, no MC is given.. [smallcry]

Edited by Godfinger

Better get a doctor to do it. [sweatdrop]

Taken from http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...s/candling.html

Why Candling Can't Work

Since wax is sticky, the negative pressure needed to pull wax from the canal would have to be so powerful that it would rupture the eardrum in the process. However, candling produces no vacuum. Researchers who measured the pressure during candling of ear models found that no negative pressure was created. The same investigators candled eight ears and found that no ear wax was removed and candle wax was actually deposited in some of them! [3]

The notion that the ear canal is connected to structures beyond the eardrum is false. A review of a good anatomy book should dispel this notion. The external ear canal, with an intact eardrum, is not connected to the brain, the sinuses targeted by the procedure (those above your eyes), or the Eustacean tubes (the passageways between the internal ear and the back of the throat). While some claim that the eardrum is porous and quickly allows impurities to pass through, this is untrue. The "impurities" that appear in the collected wax (usually on a paper plate or other collecting device) are nothing more than the ashes from the burnt wick and wax of the cone itself.

Dangers Reported

Candling poses several dangers, the most serious of which involve burning caused by the hot wax. Candle manufacturers claim that their candles will drip only down the outside of the ear, but shamefully few direct the user to hold the candle horizontally to prevent this. A 1996 survey of 144 ear, nose, and throat physicians, found that 14 had seen patients who had been harmed by ear candling, including at least 13 cases of external burns, 7 cases of ear canal obstruction with candle wax, and 1 perforated eardrum [3].

Another case was reported by The London Free Press, a Canadian newspaper. A woman who experienced stuffiness in the nose and ear pains while scuba diving went to a local health-food store and was referred to a "qualified" candler. During the "treatment," she felt an intense burning in her ear. At the emergency room, attempts to remove wax that had dripped from the candle onto her eardrum failed. Surgery was required, and a hole in her eardrum was discovered, which presumably was caused by the procedure. She recovered fully, and luckily her hearing was not affected. The practitioner apologized, compensated the woman, and stopped performing ear coning.

Alaska Fire Marshall Gary L. Powell has reported two instances of significant fires associated with ear candling., one of which led to the user's death. On January 27, 2005 a 59-year-old woman ignited her bedding when she dropped an ear candle that she was attempting to use the ear without any assistance. The candle ignited the bedding and quickly spread to curtains and other combustibles in the room. The woman did escaped but suffered an asthma attack and died in a hospital emergency room [4].

Neutral Newbie

I was searching around for ear digging service in Singapore and this post came up on top but did not give specific shops that I can enjoy this service.

Anyway I came across this on FB and thought you guys may want to go have a try. I tried their ear digging and ear massage service and it was awesome!

https://www.facebook.com/kraftcutssalon/

Kraftcuts

67 Kallang Bahru, #01-457

Singapore

Tel: 9062 9969

↡ Advertisement