Indoor or Outdoor parking?

Kelpie

If given a choice, would you prefer to park your car at MSCP which is within walking distance (3~4mins) or you prefer to park at an outdoor parking lot just infront of your block where you can see your car?

Let me know your preference and why?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
↡ Advertisement

If given a choice, would you prefer to park your car at MSCP which is within walking distance (3~4mins) or you prefer to park at an outdoor parking lot just infront of your block where you can see your car?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

looking at the current season parking, i rather park at outdoor lot AND have to walk than park at MSCP just below my block.

if the same price and walking distance, i still prefer outdoor carpark.

of course, for those who like shiny car, mscp no matter what [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Outdoor: Able to see the car now and then, cheaper, more spacious between parking lots. Disadvantage = bird poo, leaves, rain and shine [thumbsdown]

Indoor: No worries about bird poop, rain and shine but i believe parking space is more cramp and risk of doors being dented by people who don't know how to open car doors! Also chances of vehicle being damaged without you knowing.

So, i still prefer outdoors though have to close one eye on those birds poo etc. I normally choose better slots within the carpark to minimise chances of bird poo and tree saps landing on my vehicle [thumbsup]

I rather park at outdoor instead of 3~4mins aways MSCP [rolleyes]

a. easy to access to take thing

b. don't care the paint and shiny matter

c. thieves are not convenient to do job on your car

If I visit my lesser mortal friends staying in HDB, I will just park at the nearest carpark be it covered or not!

At NUS, lan lan open carpark.

At home....lucky the garage big enough to squeeze in 3 cars under shelter.

Neutral Newbie

Outdoor: Able to see the car now and then, cheaper, more spacious between parking lots. Disadvantage = bird poo, leaves, rain and shine [thumbsdown]

Indoor: No worries about bird poop, rain and shine but i believe parking space is more cramp and risk of doors being dented by people who don't know how to open car doors! Also chances of vehicle being damaged without you knowing.

So, i still prefer outdoors though have to close one eye on those birds poo etc. I normally choose better slots within the carpark to minimise chances of bird poo and tree saps landing on my vehicle [thumbsup]

Fully agree. outdoor preferred because at least bird poo and leaves and be removed easily, but not the dents/damages caused by a**holes who dun give a damn respect to other cars.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

I still prefer MSCP as at times, afternoon sun is killing my leather seat and also to wait for 5 ~ 10 minutes to let the car cool down..... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Unless the parking fee is different for MSCP & open space CP. For my place, whether MSCP or OSCP, both also $75/- per month, so park at MSCP lor....... [scholar]

MSCP also got washing bay where I spend 2 hrs per week grooming my vehicle ...... [thumbsup]

Edited by Picnic06

When I had my new car, I welcomed MSCP. Free from the elements plus can park inbetween pillars; protected my ride from dings. MSCP is about 5 min walk away. My aftermarket car alarm remote can't even get a signal from MSCP.

But to fork out $30 a month x 12 months x 4 years = $1440 additional thus far doesn't seem very economical sense now that my ride has lost it's shine, a few dings here and there. Now I wish I have the option to park open space. At least my aftermarket car alarm remote can get a signal. Nowadays, more car related thefts also happen in MSCP than in open space car park.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

I would choose the outdoor carpark due to convenience for me. Car is to serve me, not the other way round! Why should my car rest comfortable under shelter while I may need to face hot sun or rain to get to it?

Personally dont like MSCP. Why? MSCP is where most of the thefts occur. People can just whack your car and no one would hear it. Outdoor carpark, there might be a chance someone would be there.

well, i prefer to have both option if possible..... many years back, i rent a room at AMK and the season parking cover a small open carpark(~30-40 lots) and one mscp ( $75/mth...).... when weather hot or raining, i will park at mscp but when i need to load something or just a quick trip back home knowing i will be out soon, i will simply park at open lot which is nearer.... if u ask me which one i like personally, i dont have preference since both has it's pros and cons... currently at home, i park basement carpark but at work place, i park open carpark.... very flexible.... [laugh]

Thank you very much.

Regards,

MSCP for me even though its a little faster. Mostly because of convenience since i have a sheltered walkway from my place to the MSCP. Not to mention there's a bunch of us who always check on each others cars (we always park on the same decks, and more often than not always are in the same lots) and we come back at all hours so there's a bit more security.

Edited by Elfenstar

MSCP for me even though its a little faster. Mostly because of convenience since i have a sheltered walkway from my place to the MSCP. Not to mention there's a bunch of us who always check on each others cars (we always park on the same decks, and more often than not always are in the same lots) and we come back at all hours so there's a bit more security.

Thats a very good kampung spirit seldom seen nowadays! [thumbsup]

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Park at an underground carpark and take a lift up to the door of my apartment. [thumbsup]

paintwork still look like new because i parked under sheltered carpark 95% of the time.

↡ Advertisement