How do you know if your car is hit by lightning ?

Vextan

Twincharged

Scientifically speaking, you don't get hit by lightening. What happens is that you or your car between the closing conduit between the positive charges in the earth and negative charges in the air. The reason why it is fatal to a person is because the current that flows through 10K ampere (equivalent to 20,000 incandescent light blubs shining at the same time).

If you are in the car, it depends on whether you become part of the closing circuit. But which ever way, the electronics in your car will get fried.

I thought topgear did a test where they ran a lightning through the car and the car was working fine after that. Everything still works.

↡ Advertisement

I thought topgear did a test where they ran a lightning through the car and the car was working fine after that. Everything still works.

Not sure how scientific is Top gear attempt. We should submit this to Mythbuster which conducts their experiments with more rigor.

I cannot imagine how modern cars with ECB and such electronics circuits survive a hit. In drier climates, they have to wear a grounding to work with circuit boards to prevent static electricity from damaging the parts. And the voltage and current in a lightning strike is way higher. Only way I can think of that the electronics escaping is that they do not form part of the current flow between the sky and the earth. Or car electronics are expensive (as we can attested when we replace our ECB) because they are harden.

How do you know, if your car is struck by lightning during a heavy downpour ? will car just stall or will you fell anything, like being electrocuted ? Is it dangerous ?

Lightning struck a moving car with passengers video evidence came 8 years late in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfNRvDulacY

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

sorry but I can't help it...

Q: How do you know if the car is hit by lightning?

A: When the Ah Beng car salesman tells you the car is lightning strike-free

• Praise 1

Look like the show called "back to the future".. Obviously this attempt didn't make it..

LOL !

Road hogging Speed too slow !

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 2

Heng my one diesel, won't whole tank jit bah boom

The thunder lightning generated high heats is capable to roast your pair of hands on the steering wheel into 2 pieces of 红烧咸猪手 !!!

My favorite foods ! I like !!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2