Mondeo or Superb?

Tomcool74

Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.3A $89,888 161bhp/208Nm 10.2sec (0-100kmh) 207kmh 6-speed auto

Skoda New Superb 1.8A $89,800 158bhp/250Nm 8.5sec (0-100kmh) 220kmh 7-speed auto DSG

Have test driven both cars today & still can't decide which one is a better buy? Any bros can share which one will u buy & why?

↡ Advertisement

Ford Mondeo Titanium 2.3A $89,888 161bhp/208Nm 10.2sec (0-100kmh) 207kmh 6-speed auto

Skoda New Superb 1.8A $89,800 158bhp/250Nm 8.5sec (0-100kmh) 220kmh 7-speed auto DSG

Have test driven both cars today & still can't decide which one is a better buy? Any bros can share which one will u buy & why?

if you are looking at simply superb that cost 10k more, then I would say, get the skoda if you can get over the branding.

fully of options and huge leg room wtih 7sp DSG.

for more descriptions on superb, search the forum, I think there's 3 thread on it already. it cover all I want to say.

as for the mondeo, old engine with a not so exciting gearbox compared to the superb, then the road tax on mondeo is higher and there's a turbo on skoda!

anyway, down to the final decision is, can you take a Skoda which is a cold brand. but ford is not such a hot brand

Edited by Sony

Yeah both brands depreciate like rocks sinking to the bottom of the ocean, so if you're prepared to throw your money aware you might as well get the better car - it seems you get VW tech in the Skoda but Ford tech in the Ford.

You got quite a lot of choices for 90k, have you already shortlisted down to only these two?

But Ford is popular in UK & Skoda is popular in Czech also.

I think only Toyota & Honda is popular in Singapore.

Edited by Tomcool74

I'd go for anything that is more comfortable, has more to offer and more forgiving to my pockets. BHP and how fast it gets to 100km/h is kinda out of Singaporean road context.

But Ford is popular in UK & Skoda is popular in Czech also.

I think only Toyota & Honda is popular in Singapore.

if you use the camry and accord to compare to the superb, then only the badge can win, otherwise, nothing come close.. in fact, the difference is as wide as the legroom in the skoda

I'd go for anything that is more comfortable, has more to offer and more forgiving to my pockets. BHP and how fast it gets to 100km/h is kinda out of Singaporean road context.

eh.. SBS bus? SMRT ones tend to be more bouncy [laugh]

I deleted the other thread of the same name which you have commented close also.

Probably double post.

No constructive replies there.

Thank u

Test drove both on the same day too -- Superb gets my vote for better drive train (1.8T + DSG) and better looking and more equipped interior. Really dislike the design of Sony HU in the Ford.

Space-wise, they are both big cars but Superb's party trick of a boot gives it an edge.

Couldn't really appreciate or feel a big difference in the Mondeo's handling -- often qouted in mags as its best point -- compared to the Superb and the Mondeo felt more laggy and flabby and noisy under acceleration.

Eh mondeo got Titanium edition already ah ? or the ghia version ??

Here's the pro and cons :

OMV : superb

Looks (subjective) : mondy

performance : superb

handling : mondy

safety : mondy

space : superb

reliabilty : dunno, but mondy quite good

you are comparing the higher end spec mondy vs the lower end superb right ?

the mondy has ivc + bi-xenon + auto sensors etc.

According to most UK mags, the mondy wins narrowly vs the superb. But I think whichever car you choose you won't go wrong.

I think bottom line is handling vs space.

Edited by Samshio

Mondeo 2.3 Trend OMV $22,811 SP $79,888

Mondeo 2.3 Titanium OMV $26,149 SP $89,888

New Superb 1.8T DSG OMV $29k SP $89,800

New Simply Superb 1.8T DSG $31k SP $99,800

the titanium is the one with ivc + bi xenon ?

does it come with wood trim or chrome interiors ?

Actually, the trend is really worth it now

↡ Advertisement