HDB night car park charges

Mits_jc

Typically, car parks in HDB estates which allow night parking from 10.30pm to 7 am the next morning costs $2.00 for a yellow night parking coupon.

However, nowadays for those areas where ERP-technology is implemented with the gantry and cash card auto deduction, is the system able to take this into account, or during the night you are still being charged 1/2 hourly?

↡ Advertisement

I am trying to find out also from those who have experienced. Encountered a few ERP-style car parks in HDB estates, but so far have not parked at one over night yet.

Typically, car parks in HDB estates which allow night parking from 10.30pm to 7 am the next morning costs $2.00 for a yellow night parking coupon.

However, nowadays for those areas where ERP-technology is implemented with the gantry and cash card auto deduction, is the system able to take this into account, or during the night you are still being charged 1/2 hourly?

From what I know .... it'll still deduct based on per minute basis after 10.30pm .... but only up to $2 till 7am. After that, normal rates apply again.

Please call HDB to confirm.

I hate ERP style parking. Recently sunset way also have. I stay very very near sunset. I will expect those who wanna avoid ERP style parking come my block and park. And when that happens, they will install at my block also=/

I am trying to find out also from those who have experienced. Encountered a few ERP-style car parks in HDB estates, but so far have not parked at one over night yet.

write to TODAY paper, sure will have response from carpark operator.

Normally, there will be a written notice board on the charges breakdown next to the entrance of carpark, have you read it? Or you go to the exit gantry and press to talk to operator (24hr)...

From what I know .... it'll still deduct based on per minute basis after 10.30pm .... but only up to $2 till 7am. After that, normal rates apply again.

Please call HDB to confirm.

by right, that should be the case. but best to confirm that night parking is actually available. some places only season ticket after 10.30pm

Neutral Newbie

no need to "tao gai" lah be a good citizen soon all HDB MSC will install ERP system. [rolleyes]

Wah...like that next time go MSCP for carwash must pay entry fee also???

ever parked ard 12mn ~ 6am, it deduct $2.

Neutral Newbie

Yes. I confirm for you... They will deduct $2/-

u can park for 1/2 hour, or 1 hr, or 5 hour, it'll still be $2/- from 10.30 to 7am.

ok heres e catch......if parked overnite on Sat nite, n exit aft 7am on Sun morning. its Free,bcos by then e barricade will b lifted for free Sun pking. Am i right [hur]

Not necessary true. Those Sunday parking one I encountered, the barrier is still closed and not lifted up. When you exit, then it'll lift up and let you thru FOC if you came in on Sunday.

If you came in before that, like on Sat like you mentioned, you'll still be charged since your IU# has been registered in the system when you first entered.

Neutral Newbie

ok heres e catch......if parked overnite on Sat nite, n exit aft 7am on Sun morning. its Free,bcos by then e barricade will b lifted for free Sun pking. Am i right [hur]

don't be stupid. that will not happen. these automated barrier are preset with timing. even though Sunday, they barrier will still be down. only open when car at the gantry. They will put Charges: $0.00