HDB night car park charges

Mits_jc

If you open the parking app at 9.25pm for 1hr and the parking attendance comes at 10.40pm, you should be fined $6 ( https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/car-parks/parking-offences/parking-rules-and-penalties ). But the device that they are using will give u a summon of $30.

So we need to know where is their reference.

Its not the app that overcharge but the summon that will be issued to the user is more than what the user should pay if the user still parked the car after the session expired.

night parking begin from 10.30pm, hence your parking expire at 10.25pm. When the attendant came at 10.40pm, it is quite obvious that he will assume you did not put parking coupon and issue you a summon of $30 for non displaying coupon.

i think the app is quite straight forward as in either you do or do not display, even if you put one that expire on 10.25pm, the attendant will see it as non display because there isn't any physical coupon to see that you have exceed the time. Expire mean the coupon disappear/gone and nothing left.

The app allow driver to extend parking period via their phone, hence there is no reason for not able to run down to tear coupon.

↡ Advertisement

Cannot. And they may not even explicitly states so. If never put "Night Parking" that means cannot park there after 10:30pm. It's the same as the No U-Turn syndrome, if never say can means cannot, rather than the other way round.

I thought night parking is the other way around - night parking allowed only for season holders (or something similar) is the message at thee entry rather than night parking allowed?

night parking begin from 10.30pm, hence your parking expire at 10.25pm. When the attendant came at 10.40pm, it is quite obvious that he will assume you did not put parking coupon and issue you a summon of $30 for non displaying coupon.

i think the app is quite straight forward as in either you do or do not display, even if you put one that expire on 10.25pm, the attendant will see it as non display because there isn't any physical coupon to see that you have exceed the time. Expire mean the coupon disappear/gone and nothing left.

The app allow driver to extend parking period via their phone, hence there is no reason for not able to run down to tear coupon.

Maybe can show them the apps history and appeal that you have display ''parking coupons'' but expired liao. So only need to pay $6 instead of $30?!

That must be something they started doing in recent years. But I've kenna before, night parking at car park where it doesn't say "night parking allowed for season holders", and it also didn't say "night parking 10:30pm - 7:30am", only "coupon parking from 7:30am to 10:30pm" and all white lots. I went to appeal and they told me "never say means cannot". [laugh] I recall I paid $50 fine for this, and appeal rejected.

Nowadays using the app it should be more clarity.

But the problem nowadays is that - many of the coupon car parks have given way to electronic car park charging by the minute... so makes it hard for us too!

• Praise 1

That must be something they started doing in recent years. But I've kenna before, night parking at car park where it doesn't say "night parking allowed for season holders", and it also didn't say "night parking 10:30pm - 7:30am", only "coupon parking from 7:30am to 10:30pm" and all white lots. I went to appeal and they told me "never say means cannot". [laugh] I recall I paid $50 fine for this, and appeal rejected.

Nowadays using the app it should be more clarity.

You kana summon parked at carpark which say coupon parking from 7.30am to 10.30pm? Thought if the carpark no signage say night parking reserved for season parking only, only say coupon parking from 7.30am to 10.30pm should means free parking after 10.30pm lo. Lol.

If those carpark are reserved for season parking for night parking only, can non season cars park at that carpark for short term period, like 30 mins or so?

Confirm no... only season holders only

• Praise 1

Sometimes it is quite confusing for the signage in some hdb carpark. Esp those reserved for night parking for season parking.

For electronics parking, please see the huge electronics signboard during entry, it will indicate "season parking only" or XXX visitors lot available, alternatively if you forgotten to do so, when you enter the carpark, you can also look at the small signboard during entry as it will indicate season parking only please leave within 10 minutes, or it will state hourly parking.  

• Praise 1

Sometimes it is quite confusing for the signage in some hdb carpark. Esp those reserved for night parking for season parking.

Just see the sign for night parking, if don't have, means no night parking.
  • Praise 1

But is stated pretty clearly that coupon parking is only from 7am to 10:30pm and thereafter, it is only for season parking. 

not difficult, if the sign board does not lights up means it's not meant for night parking. 

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Maybe can show them the apps history and appeal that you have display ''parking coupons'' but expired liao. So only need to pay $6 instead of $30?!

Hi guys,

So this is the responds from HDB.
I made this table and asked them to fill in.

If you see closely the formula is not consistent for night parking.
Try take a look at 1,2,5 & 6.

And now they are increasing the parking offence fine.

This will be the issue when there is no parking gantry.

Nevertheless I will rest my case for a while as I'm occupied with other more important matters. So just take note if you happen to park after 10:30 pm and before 7am.

Thank you

Edited by IrOne
↡ Advertisement