Audi A3 Cabriolet

Yattokame

Has it arrived in Sg yet?

Saw a few while in Europe. Looks really spacious for a cabriolet of its class but white makes it look like a bath tub

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

As far as I know only PI bring it in for now. It is in either today's or yesterday's paper. Go check it out. A PI in east coast area.

Watched 5th Gear review a while back and Tiff actually did not think this is that great a car. He recommended to take a look at the 1-series cab also.

Last I heard is that local agent PA, will probably launch this in April as they are waiting for the 7-speed DSG to be fitted to the car from the factory. Something like that. Having said that, knowing PA and Audi Singapore pricing pattern, this is not going to be cheap and the margin will be scary.

Neutral Newbie

confirmed coming to spore, premium opened booking for the a3 cab back in sept last year. first batch coming in apr 2009. price is 158k now, only comes in 1.8T S-tronic. i tried the bmw 120 cab, not impressed, engine was a let down, and bot space very shallow and rear seats cannot be folded like the a3.

I just read on sgcarmart that a PI brings in the 2.0T at 147k (vs PA's 158k for 1.8T)

From the pictures.... kinda looks good.

I agree with what you say about the 120i. And the audi's roof can be folded much faster (almost half the time) than the beemer's.

The rear seats looks more comfy than the beemer's too.

Neutral Newbie

I just read on sgcarmart that a PI brings in the 2.0T at 147k (vs PA's 158k for 1.8T)

From the pictures.... kinda looks good.

I agree with what you say about the 120i. And the audi's roof can be folded much faster (almost half the time) than the beemer's.

The rear seats looks more comfy than the beemer's too.

Agree with bro Yattokame, the rear seat is much more comfy than the 1-series. Probably u guys cud look at this write up

A3___BMW_Cabriolet_Comparison.pdf

Agree with bro Yattokame, the rear seat is much more comfy than the 1-series. Probably u guys cud look at this write up

great article. thx

Neutral Newbie

I tried both the a3 cab and bmw 120 in Newzealand. Bmw's roadholding was way superior but that engine is totally useless.... Also i felt that the bmw windscreen was poorly designed as it let in a lot of buffeting wind.

The A3 cabrio felt very lively with its well know tsfi engine and dsg gearbox. The windscreen was designed way better at the wind wouldn't hit you in the face even at 3 figure speeds. the a3 also wheelspins just by shifting to sports n prodding the throttle.

Id pick the a3 over the 120 personally.

I tried both the a3 cab and bmw 120 in Newzealand. Bmw's roadholding was way superior but that engine is totally useless.... Also i felt that the bmw windscreen was poorly designed as it let in a lot of buffeting wind.

The A3 cabrio felt very lively with its well know tsfi engine and dsg gearbox. The windscreen was designed way better at the wind wouldn't hit you in the face even at 3 figure speeds. the a3 also wheelspins just by shifting to sports n prodding the throttle.

Id pick the a3 over the 120 personally.

thanx. great first hand experience :)

I would like to; waiting for prices to come down a bit before committing.... or even deciding what to change to.

But the A3, for that price, is quite an all rounder.

any issues with uying from PI rather than PA for audi's?

Neutral Newbie

I would like to; waiting for prices to come down a bit before committing.... or even deciding what to change to.

But the A3, for that price, is quite an all rounder.

any issues with uying from PI rather than PA for audi's?

There is always be an issue when someone buy from a PI rather than PA such as:

- estimated delivery

- aftersales service

- warranty

- establishment of the PI company and etc....

However it is still goes to whom n which PI company/sales representative we approach. As I know there is not much PI that brings in Conti cars unlike Japs car. In short we hve to do alot of homewerk n compare the cars that PI n PA bring in (compare apple to apple) which one is more value for $$$ n have the sales representative to explain the details in which we, the consumer are having doubts. Let me share a story, a friend of mine was looking for an Audi TT roadster so we went down to PA, however he requires some option items like the cruise control, impulse leather, BOSE sound system & anti theft alarm which cost an additional $10K on top of the car price which is $193K so in total the purchase price $203K. After which we went to one of the reputable PI & surprisingly the PI quoted him the car price @ $170K (guaranteed COE no top up) with the same specs as PA + the option that he requires n the difference a whopping $30K. So if you were my friend, whom will you buy it from?? Definitely the PI, without hesistation he placed a booking of the car afterwhich he get the Sales representative to hve all the options n conditions written down in the contract to avoid misunderstanding.

Turbocharged

Think the OMV of both cars also need to be taken into account besides the selling price.....

Thus the difference might not be all that great.

↡ Advertisement