How fast is a VW Touareg?

MacDuck

Just wondering, what are the specs of a VW Touareg?

Was at the traffic light along Clementi rd this afternoon and a blue VW Touareg pulled along side me.

First thing that caught my attention was the huge 21" rims clad in Michelin tyres, took a closer look and the blue brake calipers are freaking huge! It covers almost half the circumference of the rotor!

Owner noticed me and I gave him a smile and [thumbsup], my intention was to let him know its a nice car thats all.

Then came the green light and I witnessed the acceleration of that machine, he was at least 400m ahead of me by that time I reached 70km/h (driving normally).

The way the vehicle accelerated was :blink: :blink: , freaking fast and silent, I only managed to see a red "50" badge.

↡ Advertisement

even top gear hosts (who loves to burn fuel) lament about the high fuel consumption of touareg

it is about the range rover sport FC.

And its a diesel .. gosh .. is it a private plate or an RD plate ? Must be damn rich if it was private plate .. [sweatdrop]

touareg not that expensive lah.

(edited)

give me the number i wont want to be beside him, cos mostly likely he will get an accident and thus increase the premium [thumbsup]

Edited by Pufferfish1

touareg not that expensive lah.

Diesel tax + annual road tax for the R50 works out to be more than $11K a year...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Just wondering, what are the specs of a VW Touareg?

Was at the traffic light along Clementi rd this afternoon and a blue VW Touareg pulled along side me.

First thing that caught my attention was the huge 21" rims clad in Michelin tyres, took a closer look and the blue brake calipers are freaking huge! It covers almost half the circumference of the rotor!

Owner noticed me and I gave him a smile and [thumbsup] , my intention was to let him know its a nice car thats all.

Then came the green light and I witnessed the acceleration of that machine, he was at least 400m ahead of me by that time I reached 70km/h (driving normally).

The way the vehicle accelerated was :blink::blink: , freaking fast and silent, I only managed to see a red "50" badge.

If you see a 50 . I think it is the R50 and it is disel engine 5L . It can pull a 747 jumbo jet.

Edited by Frozebite

bro when you buy suv, you should not be asking how fast it can go. cos the handling is very bad...

Not true....Touareg, Q7, Range Rover Sport, X5, etc...have good handling...drive almost like a sports car.

Diesel tax + annual road tax for the R50 works out to be more than $11K a year...

although diesel price has gone up a lot, you still can factor in the savings if it were petrol instead.

so upfront diesel tax, but savings along the way.

thats why i said not that expensive.

otherwise i would have said cheap......heh heh

touareg is another lifestyle car , you just dont buy it becos you need it.

you buy it becos you want it

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

and the Touareg shares the same platform as the Porsche Cayenne. If Porsche can throw 550 twin turbo horsepower into that, VW does it with 850Nm of pulling power [;)]

Edited by Tomsss

Yup. Like what frozebite said...it can pull and 747.

Actually I think quite a few proper 4x4s may be able to tug a 747. Just that noone bothered to film it and sell the car that way. [smash]

↡ Advertisement