Tissue paper chopping table

RadX

Whoops! I was one of those who ate at the food court in City Gate shopping mall. How?

Wah lau! Got Food Republic here and you go HK to eat Food Republic? When go to other people's country must eat their food mah. Know how it feels and taste like to be a HKer.

↡ Advertisement

i don't use tissue and never did. i old school, someone must sit at table to chope. lol

[thumbsup]

at least when ppl ask, there's ppl answer back that these seat had been taken. lolx.

yeah... when she mentioned that is the culture of singapore... i wonder if our PM knows about such culture or not... why such things only happen on the women? what's wrong with their mind.... still dare to stomp it. [dizzy] faint...

By the way, which are the proper ways of choping a seat?

1)

2)

yeah... when she mentioned that is the culture of singapore... i wonder if our PM knows about such culture or not... why such things only happen on the women? what's wrong with their mind.... still dare to stomp it. [dizzy] faint...

By the way, which are the proper ways of choping a seat?

1)

2)

1) Just sit on the seat

2) To chope 2 seats, sit on one, put both legs on the other.

3) To chope 3 seats, sit on the middle one, put left leg on left seat,

right leg on right seat and open legs wide wide.

4) To chope 4 or more seats, just do (3), people see will NOT ask to share your table!

Supersonic

Are some people really have nothing better to do, or they do not have a clue that there are bigger problems to highlight other than this?

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/chope-is-that-cool?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10#link_time=1491093298

Today's Sunday Times on the rage again at this topic. 

Only those who in the CBD areas will only understand the problems eating during peak hours.

Should someone highlight that Singapore is overpopulated instead? 

Chope-ing seats in Singapore. Practical or plain rude?

• Praise 1

(edited)

I don't read the MSM (don't want to pollute my mind), so I don't know exactly what the article said. But those who rail against seat "chope"-ing simply haven't considered the pain of having your hands full of hot food that's rapidly cooling but being unable to find a seat to eat, with people jostling you and giving you f**ked up dirty looks every few seconds. It's especially dire for someone who comes to lunch alone, having no one to hold the table or buy the food on his/her behalf. Groups aren't as affected by this. So is it really fair to penalise the lone lunch goer? He/she might have been working especially hard and therefore come rushing to have a quick bite right during peak hour before rushing back to work.

I propose a "uniquely Singaporean" solution. Much like the supermarket trolleys, I think we should have a universal reservation system on a per-seat basis where people reserve seats by depositing a $1 coin into a slot by the seat. That gives a visible indication (say by an LED indicator) that the seat has been reserved. No one else is supposed to take that seat (and security can help sort out disagreements - no one can plead "misunderstandings" like with the tissue thing since this will be a universal and official system). This way, people are assured of getting a seat when they come back with their food.

Table reservations can either be forbidden entirely (each individual diner has to reserve a seat) or it can be implemented by a (say) $3 deposit into a central slot that reserves the table.

I'm thinking of further tweaks (e.g. to discourage prolonged seat hogging, which has no solution even now).

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 4

Its rude if u never write name on ur tissue hehehe

Jk

Chope then chope la, its better to have a food court with many tissues on tables than people walking around with hot soup

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4